Resemble the AI

RobExplorien

Gall E. McOxbig

This isn't working for me and unfortunately, I have the 1999 version. If someone could give me a link for a free download of the 2001 version, I will be extremely grateful.  :D - Gall85423

Paul Chuckle! Where's Barry?

We don't give out links to downloads of full games here.

Have you extracted your JAM file and copied the mod's files into the right place?

The 1999 version is best for modding btw... You don't have to recompile the JAM.

There is the requirement of having the disc always in your PC to play it though... I used unSafeDisc to remove that. (Find that yourself :P)

Oh, well it doesn't matter as I have modded it myself to make it look like an AI, but I need to find a way on how to stop that ridiculous head-bobbing that the player does when turning. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

• 2 months later...

As specified in >this post of the tutorial, yes, once you have modified your new LEGO_JAM folder you drag it over the JAMExtractor.exe file. Make sure you merge the contents of this mod's LEGO_JAM folder (so, GAMEDATA and MENUDATA) with the contents of your own LEGO_JAM folder (again, GAMEDATA and MENUDATA), so that files are overwritten.

P.S. You should really have posted this in the tutorial thread to continue the conversation we were having there. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi, so i merged this extracted JAM with my own and the game starts and everything but whenever i start a race I either get an error or none of the changes actually happen. Anyone know why this is? Btw I'm on the 99 version of the game

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a few problems with this. When I download this mod and then merge the folders with my created mod, and then try and run the game, I then try and do a race and then it comes up with this:

jGVyJgD.png?1

Can anyone help? :S:S:S:S:S

By the way, great mod RobExplorien!!!! :af:

Posty mergey - jamesster

I'm having a few problems with this. When I download this mod and then merge the folders with my created mod, and then try and run the game, I then try and do a race and then it comes up with this:

jGVyJgD.png?1

Can anyone help?  :S  :S  :S  :S  :S

If you've merged this mod with several others, and the other mods were working fine before you installed this one, then it's quite likely that this mod isn't compatible with one of the other mods.

In this particular case, something is wrong with Ann Droid's in-game model, so you'll need to decide whether you want to use this mod's Ann Droid or the one in whatever other mod is conflicting with it.

• Like 1

jGVyJgD.png?1

Can anyone help?  :S  :S  :S  :S  :S

Oh lol...

I'm surprised you didn't just do what you told someone else to do for another mod:

I'm afraid I'm having a few problems with this mod. When I try and merge the files with my PIECEDB folder, it comes up with this annoying message:

2jHpSRI.png?1

Please can you help. :S

Have you tried opening it with the binary file editor?

Not that it would make any difference though, as just opening it in the editor would do nothing to fix it.

• Like 1

Did you manage to fix this? If you're still unsure as to how, you basically need to find the following files from either this mod or another mod (but not a mixture):

• ADPELVIS.GDB
  • ADPELVIS.MDB
  • ADPELVIS.TDB

And copy them into your mod folder, in addition to any textures that came with the relevant mod. The error is most likely that the new mod can't locate the textures that have been mistakenly replaced, so this should fix it.

• Like 1

Did you manage to fix this? If you're still unsure as to how, you basically need to find the following files from either this mod or another mod (but not a mixture):

• ADPELVIS.GDB
  • ADPELVIS.MDB
  • ADPELVIS.TDB

And copy them into your mod folder, in addition to any textures that came with the relevant mod. The error is most likely that the new mod can't locate the textures that have been mistakenly replaced, so this should fix it.

Thanks for your help, JifferJebmom, but I'm still having problems with this mod. 

OK, so basically what I do is this:

• I copy the ADPELVIS.TDB, ADPELVIS.GDB and ADPELVIS.MDB files from this mod and then paste them into my newly created mod
  • I then copy the rest of the folders from this mod into my created mod
  • I then recompile the .JAM file.
  • I then run the game, and then try to do a race, and then it comes up with this error message:

jGVyJgD.png?1

I have carried out your instructions, but unfortunately, it just seems to keep coming up with this. Please can you help.   :S

Could you let me know which mod you downloaded (excluding this one) that modifies the ADPELVIS files? In at least one of your mods, in the GAMEDATA/COMMON folder, there'll be at least one ADPELVIS file. If you can tell me which mods you have that modify these files, then I try to fix it for you.

Hopefully that makes sense. :)

EDIT: Just to clarify, I mean could you look for the ADPELVIS files in the original mod folder that you downloaded, not after you installed it into your game.

• Like 1

Could you let me know which mod you downloaded (excluding this one) that modifies the ADPELVIS files? In at least one of your mods, in the GAMEDATA/COMMON folder, there'll be at least one ADPELVIS file. If you can tell me which mods you have that modify these files, then I try to fix it for you.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I mean could you look for the ADPELVIS files in the original mod folder that you downloaded, not after you installed it into your game.

Thanks for your help, JimbobJeffers! 

Just letting you know that I have created a separate mod folder that only contains this mod. I have created other mod folders to work for other mods.

I hope that makes sense.  :)

RocketRacer123

I don't know why, but I can't get this mod to work. I'm am having the same problems as Rock Monster was. I don't know why. Can someone help?  :(

I don't know why, but I can't get this mod to work. I'm am having the same problems as Rock Monster was. I don't know why. Can someone help?  :(

That's strange. I don't understand that. Are you sure you carried out JifferJebmom's instructions properly?  :P

• 2 weeks later...
RocketRacer123

Rock Monster, of course I have carried out JimbobJeffers instructions properly!

Anyway,I kind of get what you're saying in that post JimbobJeffers, but I'm still a bit unsure about what to do. Thanks. :)

I just noticed that the contents of the .zip are now completely wrong for some unexplained reason. It is now fixed, but notice: the .zip contains loose files. Paste these over the existing files in GAMEDATA/COMMON/ (back-up of the original files is optional but recommended). Perhaps this will fix the problems related to this mod.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Yes this is old, but awesome mod mate, can finally Replicate the AI vehicles and actions! Be awesome to see if you changed the Map Icon though from the Green Triangle to a Blue Dot!

Edited by Terrev
Don't quote massive posts unnecessarily, thanks - Terrev

• 8 months later...
Noob Slayer

If y'all REALLY want to go the extra mile, you can change the amount of time the race lasts after the third lap. After successfully completing a lap as an AI, the player's vehicle starts driving with AI physics and it's really wild! Check out the thread below:

• 5 months later...

So I've been using this mod for years now and it's worked fine, but I just had to reinstall my game cause my JAM file got all messed up. I forgot to back it up (?) so now I just reinstalled it and it fixes everything besides the head-bobbing. It's not game breaking of course, but I can't figure out how to fix *that* specifically. I tried messing with the PELVIS.ADB file but I got an error saying "expected keyword"

EDIT: just messed with it again, no error but it also didn't do squat

Final edit: I figured it out, it was the entries "steer-l" and "steer-r" in the PELVIS.ADB file

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.