Flappy Bricks

lol username

chrome_2014-02-17_16-30-43-64.png

chrome_2014-02-17_16-30-50-99.png

chrome_2014-02-17_16-33-42-59.png

Play here: http://jamesster.itch.io/flappy-bricks

I'm sorry.

Made for this: http://itch.io/jam/flappyjam

Also, at the front end, you can press R to wipe your saved high score, and I to enter a cheap invincibility mode (though it won't save any scores you make while invincible).

• Like 9

It's not half bad. In fact, it's better than the original, because it's fun to watch the stupid thing explode.

Mission accomplished.

High score: 3 :smug:

This is quite impressive for what it is. The entire package is very clean and professional-looking - to the point that it's the sort of thing I'd expect of an actual LEGO.com game. Not quite as visually impressive as LEGOS IN SPACE, but then it's hard to beat a meticulously crafted masterpiece like that.

Why. Why did you present this to me.

I wasted 15 - fifteen - FIFTEEN - whole minutes of my life, to get a score of four. FOUR.

Nah, nice little game. I love it :D

Eight? You must be a god or something! D8

btw: Yeah, a nice little, but extremely unforgiving, game. I have a score of four.

edit (one day later): I reached a score of six. Yay :D

Jamesster, I officially hate you. That thing has invaded every aspect of everything, it's almost inescapable. I can't go anywhere without hearing DING DING DING coming from every phone around me, which is a lot since everyone absolutely needs to be on their phone 24/7 and no one know how TO PUT THE THING ON MUTE AND/OR USE HEADPHONES. Or better yet to NOT BE PLAYING THIS STUPID GAME TO START WITH.

I thought here was safe. I thought, surely this is y safe haven, my one place of refuge in a horrible world, andyoudefiledit.

GG Jamie.

jkIdon'thateyouthisisactuallyprettycoolbutIdohateflappybirdwitheveryfiberofmybeing

• Like 2

lol, thanks guys. Try harder though, my high score is 11 and a friend of mine has reached a high score of 22. ;P

Currently at 207 views on itch.io, more than I was expecting.

Oh, and for the record, I don't like Flappy Bird either, which is precisely why I made this. :3

• Like 2

Someone needs to steal Jamesster's avatar just for this occasion. In fact, I'd do that myself except that I quite like my drill icon... Hey Merdon, you're always changing your avatar, sooo... :P

My Highscore = 1 (AND that was bugged, as I incinerated myself on the corner of the... whatever.)

Quisoves Potoo

I speak with all honesty when I say "thank you, Jamesster!"

I have not played Flappy Bird, and so by way of Flappy Bricks I have been able to experience what all the fanfare and gnashing of teeth are about.

I must say I rather enjoyed it. Being generally patient and slow to anger, I find losing myself in this game quite easy. It is remarkably simple and yet quite challenging and quite satisfying. I have actually reached a high score of 9. 

Now we need a Floppy Brick Sheep.

• 11 months later...

This thing has currently been viewed 6,132 times (plays are probably a bit lower than that as that's just counting page loads).

Um.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhDJZY6Pvqw

Um.

Is it bad that I enjoyed watching some kid get increasingly pissed off at my game until he ragequit? Because I did enjoy that.

(Majhost is still down, weee!)

• Like 4

I enjoyed it as well.

"Made by Jam-stir"

smuckers-strawberry-jam-profile.jpg

Also, is it bad that I could tell they were watching the Disney Channel in the background?

Also also, is it bad that I could tell they were watching Dog with a Blog on the Disney Channel?

Tauka Usanake

I think it's worse that the kid was trying to be like one of the popular Youtubers, except with a video camera. Then again I guess everyone has to start somewhere

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.