Monsters don't do THIS!

aidenpons

I mounted a monster on a crystal. (I told the monster to drive the crystal). Then I told the monster to run off into the wall. Because crystals slowly rotate, this happened.

No, I don't get it either.

• 2 months later...
RockRaiderWolf

Lol so what EXACTLY happened? did the monster continue to float/walk? or did he freeze in place? how did you tell the monster to do that, I thought crystals were hardcoded? did you make a crystal "vehicle" or something?

1. Put a PowerCrystal and a Rmonster on the same level with the same co-ordinates, facing the same direction.
  2. Then say, in the RMonster's OL stats, add a new line which says 'Driving Object 43 (that was the crystal's number)

Object42 {
        type    RockMonster
        xPos    16.500000
        yPos    10.500000
        heading    90.000000
        driving Object43
    }

Object43 {
        type    PowerCrystal
        xPos    16.500000
        yPos    10.500000
        heading 90.000000
     }

And then you end up with a monster slowly rotating as crystals do. Zap him, and he'll do the same action over and over again, until either something else eats the crystal (LegoRR.exe has stopped working :P) or you hit him again. Hit him enough times, and he'll walk.

So then he buried himself in Solid Rock. However, the crystal remained at the edge and so the monster continued to rotate round. :P

My goodness. You've actually uncovered a little exploit I never even thought about. I had always assumed that only RRs had the ability to drive objects. This is interesting. Thanks.

My goodness. You've actually uncovered a little exploit I never even thought about. I had always assumed that only RRs had the ability to drive objects. This is interesting. Thanks.

This is also the way how a "mobile toolstation" works. It rides a small object that is invisible.

RockRaiderWolf

Neat! I never even had the slightest clue you could add such things to the Oject List. What other "commands" or "Parameters" are there?
I would really like to know :D  :thumbsup:

I would really like to know :D:thumbsup:

As far as I know there's also 'Health,' but I'm not sure if there's anything else.

RockRaiderWolf

I would really like to know :D:thumbsup:

As far as I know there's also 'Health,' but I'm not sure if there's anything else.

hmm... Kinda strange that those would be the only two things but, I guess everything else is already covered in the .cfg or in the hard code somewhere. oh well this is still pretty cool. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.