Krrumph-a-dong-ding-ding Lego Creator crashes on startup

aidenpons

Yeah, the title says most of it. (If you're wondering what the 'Krrumph-a-dong-ding-ding' is about, it's the sound a fallen piano makes and is also something I use to say 'things are screwed.'

I boot Lego Creator up on an XP machine, 16-bit colour, and I get this error:

Run-Time Error '-2147024894 (80070002)'

Automation error

Then it shuts itself after I click 'OK.'

The same error message occurs if I am in 32-bit colour.

The disk is in. When I take the disk out it still does the same thing.

Upon telling it to 'run in 256 colour' I get somewhere, but it still shows an error message and crashes:

Creator requires a minimum desktop of 800x600 / 16-bit colour.

I've tried various things, but nothing seems to work. Is there anything I can do to get it working or is it just going 'Nope?'

Fluffy Cupcake

I ran it on my Win7 64-bit several months ago to show the game to someone, I think I may have gotten some errors too, unfortunately I have no idea what I did to fix it though.

I ran it on my Win7 64-bit several months ago to show the game to someone, I think I may have gotten some errors too, unfortunately I have no idea what I did to fix it though.

That's awfully helpful. But can't you just check the settings, or did you uninstall it?

Fluffy Cupcake

Yeah, I know it wasn't helpful, aside from the fact to know that it does actually work (giving hope).

I did uninstall it, so I can't check anything. Sorry. :/

I did uninstall it, so I can't check anything. Sorry. :/

Bah. No chance you can try again to get it to work?

Googling a solution comes up with thousands of others who have the same problem. Bah.

• 2 years later...

If I remember right there's a switch in the in-game options that lets you choose between hardware and software mode. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.