Unique Music Everywhere Mod

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Ever gotten tired of hearing the main menu playing in every place you go that isn't a race? Or maybe you've gotten tired of hearing the same song for 4/5th of the races in a world and in battle, or perhaps even the same bonus music for every world? If any of these match your case, then this mod is for you!

Pros: Unique music everywhere.
Cons: Music will be in Mono (doesn't sound as good as Stereo), and the in-game volume control is with sfx not music.

Installation:
There are 2 ways to install this mod. It all depends on how difficult you want to make your life. ;P

1) Beginner:
Download away! [Part 1 | Part 2]
Place everything except the "moosic folder" (this is folder is for expert mode and is not a requirement)

2) Expert:
Perhaps you only want this mod to be effective in specific parts of the game and not everywhere? Or you want to merge it with another modified WRL? Then manually install it yourself edition is for you!
1. In your Hex editor of choice, open up the WRL and corresponding file for the world.
2. Before or after the beginning of a section (sections start with OBMGcType) insert the data into the WRL.

Additional Info:

I find that this mod works out better if you lower all engine sound files by 5 or so dB. Otherwise they will be too noisy and just cover up the music.
The included music files mute all songs in the game, because even at the lowest volume in the game settings, the music is not mute. >.<
The custom music is located under GAME DATA/SOUNDS/MUSIC/WORLDNAME/SONGNAME, they are all blank because I do not own the rights to any music. You can make your own using this tutorial by le717 (yes sfx is correct).

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
Shadowblaze

The game keeps closing once I load a world. (I'm using Beginner) Is there anything i'm doing wrong?

The custom music is located under GAME DATASOUNDSMUSICWORLDNAMESONGNAME, they are all blank because I do not own the rights to any music. You can make your own using this tutorial by le717.

You have to put the songs you want in. The audio files he put are empty, thus the game will not work (an empty file is considered basically nonexistent, yeah? So the game thinks the file isn't there, and without files the game doesn't work).

Fluffy Cupcake

The audio files he put are empty, thus the game will not work (an empty file is considered basically nonexistent, yeah?

8| , no it does not work like that. Even if a file is one second of silence (like all I've included) it will still work.

Honestly if you followed the instructions (which is hard to screw up) I don't see how it would not work, unless the problem is not with the mod itself.

So, you tried running the game in its state just before running the mod, yeah? (I'd suggest doing so if not to make sure the mod is the problem.)

And immediately after you installed the mod with doing no action with the game (like extracting GTC and getting it to run GTCless) the game suddenly stopped working?

Hmm...

• Like 1

JasonNolan64

Like Xiron I followed the instructions and everything and it actually works in some parts of the game. like when i'm using specific music like CC_EXPLORER_AIF (I'm trying to use the music from Pokemon Diamond & Pearl: Victory Road for this track) When it tries to load the Exploring area for Xalax, The game keeps shutting itself down.

Fluffy Cupcake

Does the Xalax explore music work with the default silence? If yes, you are making your music incorrectly, and it sounds like you are not correctly making the music. If this is the case, I suggest >following these instructions for making the music.

JasonNolan64

No. It doesn't work with the silence. And I carefully followed the instructions very closely to ensure I did everything correctly.

Edit: It might have to do with the Saved World file for Xalax, Just guessing. Oh and you forgot to include the Arctic saved world in the download.

+ I made a video explaining my problem.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoC-iFr0274

Just copy and paste the link I posted.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

Fixed! Somehow battle was on the same layer as explorer and they were conflicting.

I also added the Arctic WRL which somehow was not included. While I did not find the original file, at least recreating it via the expert way was highly easy.

It any more problems occur arise, please do tell!

Thanks for your help in squashing out these little bugs. I haven't had anyone else test this before that gave feedback. ;)

We don't get many new members waltzing in who know what they are doing. By the video, you so happen to be one of them who knows very well, yaaaaay!

Oh, and as for skipping the falling LEGO Intro screen, just delete the video, the game still works! (At least mine does)

Shadowblaze

Oh, and as for skipping the falling LEGO Intro screen, just delete the video, the game still works! (At least mine does)

It does. My game doesn't have any cutscenes, but it still works. I would really like to have them into the game, though, but I can't get them... I don't wanna talk about that again, as I already have in some topic located in the support section.

It does. My game doesn't have any cutscenes, but it still works. I would really like to have them into the game, though, but I can't get them... I don't wanna talk about that again, as I already have in some topic located in the support section.

The only support topic you have made is about the glitchy high (not) quality sound mode. I see nothing from you about cutscenes. Care to start a thread and expound for us?

• 5 months later...

HI Xiron,

I didn't have this music file in the sounds file but i have it anyway thanks to you!

Erm Which one of these is Xalax and mars cause there is car craze and lom!

Answer below please!

Regards Firedude34

Okay I found out about that now when i make my music track to aif and i put it in LOM_TRACK1 And play the game it crashes!

PLease help me

No when i start the game it starts successfully with music but the game with the music lags!

And when i get to a good area when its not lagging it starts to repeat one more time like one from behind is following the song if you know what i mean!

It worked completely fine with shadowblaze's sounds that i downloaded but i dont know whats wrong?

Tell me what i did wrong or make me a list of how to do it!

I've merged your double posts. Use the edit button in the future and read the other too. - jamesster

Fluffy Cupcake

No when i start the game it starts successfully with music but the game with the music lags!

And when i get to a good area when its not lagging it starts to repeat one more time like one from behind is following the song if you know what i mean!

It worked completely fine with shadowblaze's sounds that i downloaded but i dont know whats wrong?

Tell me what i did wrong or make me a list of how to do it!

How this mod works is that it puts two sound entities in the world, which plays world wide. It sounds like due to lag in your game they got off sync, possibly?

I remember this would frequently happen when I had four entities in the world (which sounds better than two, but caused just said problem).

I would suggest to try lowering the game's graphics settings by a bit to see if it helps, but then you mentioned how Shadowblaze's sounds works, which doesn't make much sense since he never did a sound mod (this term usually refers to sfx) but only a music mod, MUSIC is totally unrelated as this mod uses sfx to play the 'music', not the music files, and the music (not sound) files I included just mute the game's originals.

Fluffy Cupcake

Well, honestly I can't think of anything else that could be wrong.

Perhaps share a video of your game with and without the music mod? (As long as you don't use a crappy video recorded that has a low frames per second).

• 2 years later...

I like the mod but the music piveting to the other speakers gives it this iratating reverb other than that it's a good mod. One thing is I've downloaded your Devastated Island mod and then replaced the WRL the lighting and the trees switched back to it's default also the rain came back. So I wanna add the multi songs mod into the devastated island when both fully functional but coming across the Devastated Island WRL I noticed there was barely any space to add the multi music tracks in? The details describing how this is done is very...short and since I'm just getting the hang of hex editor I don't really understand what I call "hex talk" ???

Fluffy Cupcake

I agree the reverb is annoying, but there isn't anything I can do about that.

Anyway, to manual install, literally just open up the stuff in the "moosic" folder, and insert paste them anywhere in the corresponding WRL after any existing entry (so long as you are past the OBMGcLayerManager section) and it should work.

ezpz.gif

• 3 months later...
ReflectedMantis

I decided to use this mod (after I finally found it after almost a month after I first saw it), and I like it. Well, at least until I added music for Mars, Dino Island, and Sandy Bay all at once. Whenever I try to load the game, it just closes out right away. it won't even play the first "LEGO Software" clip. It worked perfectly fine before I added Mars music, and I just had Sandy Bay and Dino island. Is there anything I could have done wrong? I used the beginner tutorial.

Fluffy Cupcake

It worked when still using my blank audio file though right? If that's the case then the game may not have liked the way you formatted the audio file.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.