Brick arches

RobExplorien

Powerbrick arches are the new phenomenon in LR.

gallery_6631_286_47905.png

I was thinking of using these as checkpoints which the player has to pass in a given time or as fast as possible and compete for best times perhaps. Even if this idea does not appeal, it still makes pretty arches. Radius is customizable now.

• Like 5

I can't seem to get the quote thingy work now, but for what you asked Jimbob: I intend to use it for time trial mode, or single player mode without opponents. Still, I need to work out the idea if I actually want to make it function well.

Can't the player drive to the left/right and collect one brick? And also, if they use a flying thingy/whatever it's called wouldn't they be able to collect some bricks?

Edited my little tool, it can now place these arches in any horizontal direction. Also, below an image of different radii. Will continue optimalizing tool.

gallery_6631_286_116350.png

Also, discovered (if not done already) that the white bricks can't be collected if you don't denote the use of coloured bricks in the .PWB file. So you skip the entries for coloured bricks and go straight to denoting white brick positions. So to answer both of your questions, you can't collect them this way.

That's awesome. I might use your tool to transform one place (maybe Royal Knights Raceway, I don't know) so that it is covered entirely in white bricks, so you can barely see where you're going :P

O.T.
Woah, its so intense wow, oh my god, double rainbow

Seriously though, that's really cool. Could you do it with other items also? Maybe skeleton mummy dizziness things? 

O.T.

Woah, its so intense wow, oh my god, double rainbow

Seriously though, that's really cool. Could you do it with other items also? Maybe skeleton mummy dizziness things? 

Other objects like Brickulator explains in the object moving tutorial? Yes, that would be possible, though right now the tool only writes in the syntax of .PWB files. But I'm not sure about the mummy curse, might give it a try and see if it is possible. It also appears on certain positions on the ATT track, so it must have some coördinates for that if I'm not mistaken.

Also, trying the checkpoints with the FLYSKYHGH cheat. Much more interesting. Checkpoint sounds are edited in the video though, couldn't get the custom audio work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKf6VvV8nw&feature=c4-overview&list=UU6DE4hJMNVET8Bz5ob5n9mg

Also, trying the checkpoints with the FLYSKYHGH cheat. Much more interesting. Checkpoint sounds are edited in the video though, couldn't get the custom audio work.

Yup, that cheat makes the mod much more interesting. Is the sound in the background you hear when you collect a power up edited in too?

Are you going to make this for every race in the game?

Do you plan on making any other such tools? This is excellent and I'm sure there are many more similar tools that could be useful.

I eagerly await progress.

-.- Alright, you've made your point now.

i like the idea of checkpoints made out of power bricks.

i do think the different arches should be different coulers though.some red,some green,you get the picture.

Yup, that cheat makes the mod much more interesting. Is the sound in the background you hear when you collect a power up edited in too?

Are you going to make this for every race in the game?

The normal sound of collecting the brick is in-game.

I'm not planning to make this for every race in the game. Once I get that tool 'finished' to some extent you can do that if you want.

Do you plan on making any other such tools? This is excellent and I'm sure there are many more similar tools that could be useful.

Don't know. I'll just make sure the one I'm working on now gets finished.

i like the idea of checkpoints made out of power bricks.

i do think the different arches should be different coulers though.some red,some green,you get the picture.

Will implement this. Each arch will only have one colour though, not mixed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.