LEGO Universe Version of Rocket Racer's Car

emily

Not too terribly long ago, in 2011, a contest was hosted on the LEGO Universe website challenging entrants to design their own car based on the standard chassis used in the game. Being a fan of the original LEGO Racers game, I had the idea to build an adaption of Basil the Batlord's car from it to fit the LEGO Universe car chassis. The result didn't win the contest, but I had such fun building it that I resolved to build the rest of the LEGO Racers circuit leaders' cars on the Universe chassis. Some of the results turned out better than others, and when I reached the final car, Rocket Racer's, I decided that it wouldn't be viable for me to construct a reasonable facsimile of the the original with my collection. So I skipped it.

Recently I decided on a whim to try anyway. The result was not nearly so terrible as I had imagined, although I still feel that the sloping portion at the front is perhaps just a little too long.

a.jpg

More images:

Another angle

Front

Side

Back

Back Angle

The modular pieces:

g.jpg

The chassis. I cheated a little and altered it from the standard form to make the finished design possible.

h.jpg

I tried this in LDD one time but couldn't figure out how to make the front work out and trashed it. Good job.

Thanks. Incidentally, I'm fairly certain this design wouldn't be possible in LDD; the module right in front of the driver's seat doesn't quite fit on entirely, as some of the studs run into each other.

Nice LU version of RR's car! Even if I don't really know Lego Universe, I see the problem the chassis has regarding Lego Racers cars.

But why do you hide the rest of the cars? Some of these are muuch better than the original vehicles, especially they look more powerful. My favourites are Captain Redbeard's and Gypsy's car! I wish they would look like this in the original!

Nice LU version of RR's car! Even if I don't really know Lego Universe, I see the problem the chassis has regarding Lego Racers cars.

But why do you hide the rest of the cars? Some of these are muuch better than the original vehicles, especially they look more powerful. My favourites are Captain Redbeard's and Gypsy's car! I wish they would look like this in the original!

Thank you! Heh, I didn't intend to hide the sets, but seeing as I never posted a topic for them on RRU, I guess I probably should have linked to them. Here's Basil's car in addition to the gallery with the rest that alan linked to, if anyone wanted to look.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.