Not too terribly long ago, in 2011, a contest was hosted on the LEGO Universe website challenging entrants to design their own car based on the standard chassis used in the game. Being a fan of the original LEGO Racers game, I had the idea to build an adaption of Basil the Batlord's car from it to fit the LEGO Universe car chassis. The result didn't win the contest, but I had such fun building it that I resolved to build the rest of the LEGO Racers circuit leaders' cars on the Universe chassis. Some of the results turned out better than others, and when I reached the final car, Rocket Racer's, I decided that it wouldn't be viable for me to construct a reasonable facsimile of the the original with my collection. So I skipped it.
Recently I decided on a whim to try anyway. The result was not nearly so terrible as I had imagined, although I still feel that the sloping portion at the front is perhaps just a little too long.
The modular pieces:
The chassis. I cheated a little and altered it from the standard form to make the finished design possible.