RRU meetups?

lol username

So far, I've met up in real life with two friends originally met via online LEGO communities:

First, Dash4198, who I met on a non-LEGO chat room, which then went to my own personal chat room, then Skype video chats, then two real life meetups (so far), the first at LEGOLAND Florida (despite me living in Texas and him living in Canada we happened to be in Florida at the same time) and the second at the National Museum of Play in New York (which was really quite an awesome place, a legit museum, not just some kiddie toy-filled building).

Secondly, Alcom. We met via LU and related websites, went to Destiny USA, got some food, shopped around, and walked around on the world's largest indoor ropes course. Zephyria was almost able to go as well but wasn't able to make it up to Syracuse.

Oh, and there was also another time when a person I knew in real life years ago tracked down my YouTube channel and found me in LU sometime about a week before the game closed. He walked up to me and was like "lol I know you" and I was like "lol sure" and he was like "here I can prove it here's the name of the conductor for the orchestra we played in" and I was like "whoa".

Point is, stuff like this needs to happen more often, and provided enough RRU members happen to be in a given area I think it could, with some planning. I travel a lot so it's not really an issue of "where" for me, just "when". I'm gonna be at LEGOLAND Florida again around New Years, and am currently in Dallas for the weekend, for example. I think Eurobricks has events at LEGOLAND parks, it'd be cool to do something like that with multiple members sometime. LEGO conventions are another option for tying it into events, I attend Brick Fiesta regularly and would like to attend more - maybe Brickfair Virginia sometime.

Fluffy Cupcake

and parents that didn't care that we were meeting with other AFOLs/TFOLs.

Not so much a problem for me anymore, considering I went to a Brony convention some months ago, and bronyism isn't something they are totally approving of. I was gonna travel myself, but my dad conveniently had to go down to that area at the time, so I got a ride. I almost met up with McStudz at this event, but he couldn't make it.

You all should come to Indiana. I don't even have friends in my neighborhood. I'm all alone.

Seriously though, I can't leave the state, or town for that matter.

Seeing as none of you mofos have got the cash to rock up to Australia...

EDIT: And if I attempt to leave the country now, I'll be nailed for tax evasion.

UK resident here.

It's certainly something I've always wanted to do, but judging by the comments so far, there are few of us that can meet up. But hey, if I do go to LEGOLAND Florida or somewhere in America in the future, I'll let you all know :thumbsup:

Also, I don't have much ability to travel (my parents would never take me somewhere just for a convention), although maybe I will next year once I'm in college.

I like the map idea very much. How's this website? I've added myself already in case it is used.

Erm, I'm not sure if I can add myself while changing the old one. It only seems to allow me to create a new map based on the old one.

That's to protect old links, it's simply a case of everyone adding to the previous person's link. If jamesster perhaps were to collect everyone together in the original post it wouldn't be a problem. I'm sure there's another website out there that does better though.

Seeing as none of you mofos have got the cash to rock up to Australia...

How do you mean, I thought Rock Raiders United was a community for people that became multimillionaires in mining industry? Don't tell me I'm the only one?  :lol:

I also live in Texas and have attended Brick Fiesta before.

Unfortunately I went the very first year and none of the others, thus preventing me from seeing jamesster.

bronyism isn't something they aren't totally approving of.

The double negative is confusing me. :c

I live in Minnesota. If I'm not mistaken, Jamesster used to live there.

Correct, and I still visit relatively often as there's lots of friends and family up there.

I also live in Texas and have attended Brick Fiesta before.

Unfortunately I went the very first year and none of the others, thus preventing me from seeing jamesster.

I've been there for all three years so far - Brick Fiesta 2011 was both my first time ever going to a LEGO con, and the first year of Brick Fiesta itself. We probably saw each other without knowing it. Where's it gonna be in 2014? San Antonio? Austin?

Also I was just looking through a list of LEGO cons yesterday and realized that there's a chance I'll be able to drop in and briefly visit Brickfair Alabama on its last day (Sunday, January 12) while on the way home from the Florida trip. Fingers crossed!

There are a few RRU members within driving distance of where I am, in Maryland. TheDoctor is one

Yep.

and I think Zeph is close too

Nope. Zeph is in New York last time I checked.
Fluffy Cupcake

bronyism isn't something they aren't totally approving of.

The double negative is confusing me. :c

Sorry, at fist it said is instead of isn't, and in my editing I forgot to change aren't to are. I think there may of been an edit before that, but whatev.

Well you guys can have fun without me.

Seriously, I CAN'T be the only RRU member resident in Indiana. It is highly impossible. The HAS to be atleast someone else in Indiana. PLEASE!

I had been thinking about going to Brickfair Virginia next year. I’m still on the fence about it, but I think meeting up with one or two RRU members would make it a much more worthwhile trip for me – I worry that if I went without planning to meet with anyone, I would just end up on my own the whole time, which wouldn’t really be much fun.

That’s in August, though, and since I don’t know yet where I’ll be going to college next year I could at best make only tentative plans. In the end I may not be able to go at all, but in that case I may end up closer to another event.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.