Slimy Slug Project

Edrjune1

Is the figure in the pictures the one you will be using to cast the mold from?

It depends on which pictures.  The green one is just a mockup of what the colorscheme and general shape would look like.  The clay one is the one to be molded.  I am still perfecting it and plan to give it a shiny smooth polish just before casting.  The most recent pic is the one with the lt gray 2x4 plate on the bottom. Hopefully you didn't think the green one was the finished product :ohoho:  That  is archaic compared to a real LEGO brick...Unless you want to go for that rustic look ;)

Just a quick update on the Slimy Slug Project.  I have started to model an accurate slug in Blender, as it correlates with a real LEGO brick.  I have just now gotten blender, so it took some time to get used to it, but I'm getting the hang of it.  Hopefully soon I will have my molding supplies and start making a real slug.

:D

But why do you need to use Blender anyway? Or any digital program? It's not like you have a 3-D printer at home... :P

I eagerly await progress.

That looks great, especially if that's your first time using Blender! It looks a little freaky without the mouth being added yet D: As aidenpons said, why have you created it in Blender?

I eagerly await progress.

THAT'S MY LINE :P

aidenpons, on 19 Dec 2013 - 07:52 AM, said: I eagerly await progress. THAT'S MY LINE :P

But itses ours now, precious! Firstses comeses, firtses serves, oh yes precious! We has it now, precious....

That looks great! Let's hope the Slimey Slugs don't start attacking RRU, which is a large Rock Raiders HQ after all. Of course, if they do start attacking, that would be the only kind we need to worry about. Some of the slugs just don't have it in them. Case in point:

>gallery_27_60_20337.png

(It's a large image)

Neverthless I am quite pleased to say that you have done a lot better than this thing...

I eagerly await progress. (JJ, I'm probably going to put that at the end of every post now... :smug: )

But why do you need to use Blender anyway?

I am building up a catalog of RR specific parts for Leocad, so I figured that shortly this will exist, so I would start out making it.  Really just bored since I can't cast it right now.

I guess now is a good time enought to ask if anyone has created the specific parts and minifigs for RR to use in any of the LEGO 3D programs?  It would save me some time.  I want to do mocs in cad for fun, but not having specific bricks is annoying.

I am building up a catalog of RR specific parts for Leocad, so I figured that shortly this will exist, so I would start out making it.

This would actually be really useful, though I'm afraid I don't know anyone who has made any in-roads into creating a library.

• 11 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.