Could Sam Sinister be harder that Rocket Racer?

FlashySnakez

I don't know if this is true, it is just my OPINION. You can post whatever you want about this.

Explain why of what you think. Now let's cut to the chase.

You know how the course is big? Well there are objects everywhere, and there are tight turns, and you don't have much, unless you skip the world. Also, the oil slick makes obsticles bigger, and Rocket Racer's track has nothing to get majorly stuck on.

And in arcade mode, Rocket Racer goes around up to 90-100 mph.

Sam goes faster in Arcade mode.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Yeah, I've pretty much stood by the claim that Rocket Racer is the easiest boss in the game. It's probably one of the worst examples of an anticlimax final boss I've ever seen.

Fluffy Cupcake

I've tried the game with only 1 power upgrade (perpare for laggy gameplay), and Rocket Racer ended up being the hardest, but only because there was no way I could match his speed on such a simple course. I only won because I got two shockwaves.

Someone should make a mod that makes CPUs generally faster. Seeing as RR has different speeds on arcade and adventure, hopefully the speed isn't controled by how long it gets to a point like in LRs (at least that is how it works afaik).

I think Sam Sinister is definitely harder than RR. First of all he has that power upgrade and the massive race course. The first time I managed to defeat him was because he skipped one checkpoint (due to me bumping him).

Oh how I hated that volcano part of his course, when you start to enter that volcano portion, your car will get a little airtime. After you land, there is a chance your car will suddenly fishtail and go take a dip into the volcano crater.

For a minute I thought this was about Racers 1...and I guffawed.

Then I realized that this was about LEGO Racers 2.

Yeah, I'd say so, provided you're getting all the upgrades.

• Like 1

If we didn't beat Sam Sinister, he would have been the champion. xD

Also, I like using Sam's car in Arcade, it has good top speed. (Top speed is 110 for him I think.)

If you didn't know, cheat engine can be used to get Berg, Regel, and more. I like using it.

I also tested out Berg vs. Sam vs. Rocket vs. Regel.

Sam = 1st

Berg = 2nd

Rocket = 3rd

Regel = 4th

Fluffy Cupcake

Sam's Car speed in Arcade is max 106-107, and it takes about 22.5-23 seconds to reach 100. Every other car is... EXACTLY THE SAME! :o I know this because I just timed and recorded that data onto this post. I can make a video if you want proof.

• Like 1

For a minute I thought this was about Racers 1...and I guffawed.

Then I realized that this was about LEGO Racers 2.

That's what really confused me about this thread. I was thinking "maybe Gypsy Moth, but no way is Sam Sinister harder than Rocket Racer". And then what confused me even more is the fact that there are 2 characters in LR1 who have been called Sam Sinister, neither of which are given that name in LR1.

It's been so long since I played Racers 2, but I only have it on PS2.

And in arcade mode, Rocket Racer goes around up to 90-100 mph.

Sam goes faster in Arcade mode.

In Arcade mode they don't have Car Bonuses, so this means nothing.

I also tested out Berg vs. Sam vs. Rocket vs. Riegel.

Sam = 1st

Berg = 2nd

Rocket = 3rd

Riegel = 4th

Racing them on a track 2/4 of the racers cannot navigate properly does not prove who the best racer is. The only track where you can have all four of them properly compete is Riegel's Racetrack, because it is also the only track in the game Riegel doesn't get stuck on something, but of course, then Rocket and Sam wouldn't have their Car Bonuses. So, after driving right behind them in attempt to match their speed, I conclude:

• Rocket Racer (At least 130 Mph)
  • Riegel (At least 120 Mph) (Oversized invincible mechs ftw)
  • The Berg (I could tie him with Riegel, but he's often literally crushed by his Mech)
  • Sam Sanister (I'm not even sure if his car is actually faster or the flame trail is just an effect to make you think it is)

O.T.

Hahahahahahahahaha McJobless broke the acronym system.

Wow, I just clicked the link in Car Craze's sig. I feel famous :P

Maybe I should get a PC copy of LR2 just so I can break it as much as I break LR1 ;)

see it's still on topic I mentioned LR2

Wow, I just clicked the link in Car Craze's sig. I feel famous :P

As you may recall, I originally posted a comment on that video that said the same thing, and then pasted it onto my sig because of how great it was. Unfortunately, when you click the button to make your YouTube account private, it actually removes you channel from existence. (But keeps your videos if you want to create a new channel)

Maybe I should get a PC copy of LR2 just so I can break it as much as I break LR1 ;)

What a wonderful comparison.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

Doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit.

• Riegel (At least 120 Mph) (Oversized invincible mechs ftw)
  • The Berg (I could tie him with Riegel, but he's often literally crushed by his Mech)

Unfortunately I can't measure the speed of those two, because the MPH stays at 000. :(

I tested ALL bosses on Riegel's and here's the results:

1st: Regel

2nd: Berg

3rd: Mailguy

4th: Fred

5th: Rocket

6th: Sam Sinister (Starting position was low with getting rammed by berg, and minor glitches.)

7th: Fireman guy

8th: P.C Bobby

Fluffy Cupcake

Was that with one test, or multiple? If it was only one, the results aren't that useful, especially since some got advantages over others on starting positions, and if I recall, didn't someone say that all AI drive pretty much the same route? (unlike LR) Edit: >Found info. I should know this, but unfortunately I never observe the AI.

I wonder if in the future making multiple AI routes will be possible...

Actually, I'd like to take the time to ask this to the AI experts (you know who you are. ;P): Do AI in DR have multiple routes?

There would be plenty more where that came from if I could just get fraps working on Windows 8. I might set up a dual boot with XP or Vista just so I can start frapsing again. I would VM that shiz, but no. My laptop would not like that.

You won't get it working. I have Windows 8 too and also have issues. Win8 support is coming in Fraps 3.6 (got a reply from support stating that), but they had no release data, and said they hoped to have it for download "in the near future."

Back on topic. Having finally played Racers 2, I give a resounding YES, Sam Sinister is harder than Rocket Racer. It's almost as if they mixed up the AIs. :P

It's probably one of the worst examples of an anticlimax final boss I've ever seen.

It goes well with the sappy ending (especially on the GBA version). :P

It goes well with the sappy ending (especially on the GBA version). :P

Whoa that's epic. Expecially the fact that there's no audio, the models are so bad and the graphics are meh. I wonder how the actual game looks like.

Sam Sinister is kinda hard. When I was little, I managed to beat him only because somehow he glitched out (the Berg is my real nemesis though). Rocket Racer was easier, it took about half the time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.