Photo

RRU Minecraft Server

• Please log in to reply
905 replies to this topic

Ben24x7

If you paid attention a while back, I made "The RRU Server" parody of TLM's logo on what is now the Creative server (which, for those who are wondering, was the previous server).

I plan to make it again, this time in the survival server. However I do need any and all members of the server to help out (should you wish to);

I need resources to rebuild the logo in Survival, enough resources to make all the Redstone Blocks, Black Wool and Iron Blocks.

How much exactly? Well...   ...see for yourself;

Spoiler

...yeaaaah...

...basically I need enough people to help with the resources part of this build. It doesn't matter if you send in the resources individually or as the needed Blocks.

I have set up a "Donation Chest" North of the Main Spawn where players, should they wish to, can give off spare Redstone, Wool, Squid Ink or Iron Ingots they don't need.

It would be helpful if people could "donate" towards the cause of this construction.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Shadow322

Shadow322

The Ultimate Lifeform.

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Can I just point out a major complaint about the lack of the coordinates being visible on the survival server? Just knowing they aren't there makes me feel lost on the map even if I know where I am.

• le717 thanked this

Xiron

Can I just point out a major complaint about the lack of the coordinates being visible on the survival server? Just knowing they aren't there makes me feel lost on the map even if I know where I am.

Being lost is part of surviving.

• Drill Master thanked this

JimbobJeffers

To help with us moderators and our moderatin', could players who change their Minecraft usernames please alert us whenever you do? PM or posting, here or on the RRUCraft forum, is fine. While the server does automatically update its whitelist due to the recent UUID system, it doesn't actually notify us of username changes unless we are in-game with you at the same time.

Exactly, I've made the new Survival server as Survival-y as it can be. Daylight cycles and no coordinates for example were included because they make in-game items such as the clock and compass actually useful.

• Drill Master thanked this

Shadow322

Shadow322

The Ultimate Lifeform.

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Exactly, I've made the new Survival server as Survival-y as it can be. Daylight cycles and no coordinates for example were included because they make in-game items such as the clock and compass actually useful.

Well I mean like... I can understand the coordinates thing after some reasonable thought about it but like... what moron would disable the daylight cycle? The fact that there is a day and night to Minecraft like like one of the best things about it... I wouldn't play on a server that stupidly disabled that feature.

Drill Master

Drill Master

Drill Commander

• Platinum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Shadow, in the past, on the old servers, we would use the /time set command to skip night, or we would sometimes disable it upon request for a few hours. We even had a mod to increase the lengh of the cycle. It was all per request of members. JJ is saying that this is no longer the case. The daylight cycle is not to be changed or stopped by the Mods any longer. The only way to change it is to sleep, as intended.

Also, the coords deal. Yeah it was easier to find your way, but with them gone, it adds more fun to the game. Take this for example: I took an entire day exploring out away from my house without a map or compass and I got lost. I eventually found my way back just by the position of the Sun. And doing that was actually a lot of fun. It was like my own little quest to find my way back home.

Now, with that being said, the rules have been etched. This is the most Survival server we've ever had, and it's going to stay that way.

• RR Rocks, JimbobJeffers and EXRicky thanked this