• Please log in to reply
670 replies to this topic

Fushigisaur

Fushigisaur

Merry trick or gobble year

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
I have to disagree, Ace. While a sign is useful in determining who owns a structure, it shouldn't be necessary. Anything that doesn't infringe upon anyone else's territory can not and should not be considered grief. You can't just go around removing structures that had a lot of effort put into them just because no one claimed it.

The Ace Railgun

I have to disagree, Ace. While a sign is useful in determining who owns a structure, it shouldn't be necessary. Anything that doesn't infringe upon anyone else's territory can not and should not be considered grief. You can't just go around removing structures that had a lot of effort put into them just because no one claimed it.

Just because you know it's your build doesn't mean that other Admins or Mods know that it's your build.

Fushigisaur

Fushigisaur

Merry trick or gobble year

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
That's completely missing the point, Ace. It doesn't matter at all whose build it is if it's not bothering anyone.

JimbobJeffers

I don't think it's necessary for players to claim builds with signs, but if they wish to it certainly would help moderators (and other players in knowing where they can build). In future we can ask players if a certain build is owned before taking any action should we have a problem with it. Remember though that if a player hasn't claimed a build with a sign, that doesn't give anyone the right to grief it - be respectful in your building. Leave space between your construction and someone else's, for example.

In other news, The Ace Railgun will be stepping down from moderator position. I would like to take this moment to say a HUGE thank you to Ace, as you have done a truly excellent job of moderating on this server since its creation. I would give you a cake but it would probably melt in transit, so a hearty 'three cheers for Ace!' shall have to suffice.

Thank you, Ace, and goodbye!

• Arthuriel, Fushigisaur, The Ace Railgun and 2 others thanked this

The Ace Railgun

I would give you a cake but it would probably melt in transit, so a hearty 'three cheers for Ace!' shall have to suffice.

And thanks for that JJ, there's just too much life stuff going on, also thanks for being such a great level headed Admin. I may return when things once life settles down, but right now there's a lot of flux.

Ben24x7

I may return when things once life settles down, but right now there's a lot of flux.

...and hopefully until then, the server will still be there.

Farewell for now, Moderator.

Arthuriel

Currently I am building a bigger project on the server in survival mode and I have almost used all my cobblestone. If someone has unused building blocks (preferably cobblestone), I would gladly take them.

Next question: Could someone activate the day night cycle again, please (if that's okay for the other players)? It would be nice, to have that again (I could finally use the bed again and not run all the way from the ender portal after a death, because it was set as a spawn point during the during the dragon battle). Small warning though: Apparently mob griefing is active again (luckily the main village is lit like a christmas tree).

Last question: When will the next round of UHC take place? : )

JimbobJeffers

Next question: Could someone activate the day night cycle again, please (if that's okay for the other players)?

Last question: When will the next round of UHC take place? : )

Daylight cycle should now be reactivated.

As for the next round of UHC, I'm unfortunately busy until January. Another moderator could host (there is a guide on the RRUCraft forum) it but I doubt anyone has the time, so I guess you'll have to wait. :/

KevinVG207

KevinVG207

The LR Audio Freak?!

• Bronze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
I've seen a very good schematic to set up a uhc, pre generate the world etc. It works a lot better than doing it manually. I'll see if I can find it.

JimbobJeffers

I've seen a very good schematic to set up a uhc, pre generate the world etc. It works a lot better than doing it manually. I'll see if I can find it.

Would it work with a vanilla server? If so, that'd be incredibly handy. Although given that some of setting up UHC requires FTP editing, I imagine that it won't be a perfect solution. But hey, if you can find it I'd love to take a look.

KevinVG207

KevinVG207

The LR Audio Freak?!

• Bronze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
It works completely vanilla. It uses loads of fancy 1.8 and scoreboard mechanics, let's let xisumavoid explain: