RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

Perhaps we could defeat the Ender Dragon for the "Server ending party" (If this is still the plan). All three of the strongholds have been found, so that aspect shouldn't be too much of a problem. I also have quite the stash of diamonds, so if anyone needs any armor, I can take care of that rather easily. 

You guys have found all three strongholds on the Survival server already? Neat, we can definitely do an Ender Dragon fight for those who are up for it.

Fluffy Cupcake

Perhaps we could defeat the Ender Dragon for the "Server ending party"

Well that's totally original.

You guys have found all three strongholds on the Survival server already? 

I honestly think they were all found within the first 3 weeks of the server reset... :P

@Phoenyx: I have question about the status of the two maps* in case you want to continue them: Will they continue to receive updates?

I was a bit confused by you saying, that they will be some sort of legacy maps, although they both have the version 1.8.7 and can easily be updated to future versions

(exception: a newer Minecraft version needs totally new maps).

*(the RRU Creative map and the more recent RRU Survival map and they both have the most recent version of Minecraft: 1.8.7)

Yellowberry

What happened here? Sorry for not being informed, but I don't really feel like reading through 40 pages of posts.

Thanks.

@Phoenyx: I have question about the status of the two maps* in case you want to continue them: Will they continue to receive updates?

I was a bit confused by you saying, that they will be some sort of legacy maps, although they both have the version 1.8.7 and can easily be updated to future versions

(exception: a newer Minecraft version needs totally new maps).

*(the RRU Creative map and the more recent RRU Survival map and they both have the most recent version of Minecraft: 1.8.7)

They will continue to receive updates. I use the term legacy to refer to how they're the older maps.

What happened here? Sorry for not being informed, but I don't really feel like reading through 40 pages of posts.

Thanks.

This topic is for the two Minecraft servers, Creative and Survival, that I have hosted for RRU for a while now. I recently stated that they would be closing and transferred over to Phoenyx. The last 40 pages aren't all for that of course, they've included discussion about the servers in general and past games that have been hosted too.

RobExplorien

Perhaps we could defeat the Ender Dragon for the "Server ending party" (If this is still the plan).

I still have a completely stylished region in the creative server ready for such a fight. I actually proposed this long ago, so I'll just quote:

"What are everyone's opinions on a new Enderdragon fight? Though for this fight you don't just immediately skip to The End, you'll have to locate it and fight your way through the many dangers first. I've restored an undiscovered stronghold and added all kinds of traps and loot. You will start off with an empty inventory (your XP count doesn't have to be reset, I don't advise it either), and you'll have to take a trip to the starting location on the surface. There you will find a chest with some useful items. The entrance to the dark depths where the stronghold is located is hidden, along with other points of interest essential for gearing up before going down. Therefore you are supplied with a map to locate those places.

You should participate in this event in a pseudo-adventuremode way. You may not harm the environment or break apart the stronghold. Ores an stone may be mined, but you'll have to find the 'hidden' materials first to be able to do so, as you do not start off with a pickaxe (or sword, or food, etc.). You are of course free to craft with anything that ends up in your inventory this way. I've divided loot over the chests, enough for up to 8 players at a time, so there is a restriction for the amount of players in this event. Therefore it is useful to stick as a group to make sure everyone gets his part of the loot at any time. Start off as a group, descend as a group, beat that dragon as a group. However, I need someone with moderating powers to reset the dragon though. "

Edited by RobExplorien

Perhaps we could defeat the Ender Dragon for the "Server ending party" (If this is still the plan).

I still have a completely stylished region in the creative server ready for such a fight. I actually proposed this long ago, so I'll just quote:

"What are everyone's opinions on a new Enderdragon fight? Though for this fight you don't just immediately skip to The End, you'll have to locate it and fight your way through the many dangers first. I've restored an undiscovered stronghold and added all kinds of traps and loot. You will start off with an empty inventory (your XP count doesn't have to be reset, I don't advise it either), and you'll have to take a trip to the starting location on the surface. There you will find a chest with some useful items. The entrance to the dark depths where the stronghold is located is hidden, along with other points of interest essential for gearing up before going down. Therefore you are supplied with a map to locate those places.

You should participate in this event in a pseudo-adventuremode way. You may not harm the environment or break apart the stronghold. Ores an stone may be mined, but you'll have to find the 'hidden' materials first to be able to do so, as you do not start off with a pickaxe (or sword, or food, etc.). You are of course free to craft with anything that ends up in your inventory this way. I've divided loot over the chests, enough for up to 8 players at a time, so there is a restriction for the amount of players in this event. Therefore it is useful to stick as a group to make sure everyone gets his part of the loot at any time. Start off as a group, descend as a group, beat that dragon as a group. However, I need someone with moderating powers to reset the dragon though. "

I'd participate in that.

Well, at least everything we know about how to fight the ender-dragon has improved since the last RRU MC Ender-dragon event (e.g. Eggs don't hurt the Ender Dragon :P )

I dunno, I'd prefer a kitted Enderdragon fight. I don't like handicapping myself for big things like that (and not having fully enchanted diamond armour when fighting the dragon is a handicap in my book)

RobExplorien

I dunno, I'd prefer a kitted Enderdragon fight. I don't like handicapping myself for big things like that (and not having fully enchanted diamond armour when fighting the dragon is a handicap in my book)

How about fully enchanted half diamond half iron armor? That's currently the setting. If not satisfying then I can always make sure you can find full diamond armor.

Also, didn't someone mention a boat race that could be held?

As RR Rocks suggested above, is anyone up for a party/tour of the servers as they currently stand before they are terminated/transferred over? I don't know how long it would last, but I doubt it would be too long. I'll be recording a video as I did with the last tour (but in better quality this time) and people can be featured alongside their creations if they wish.

I suggest hosting this next Saturday at 7pm UTC (8pm including daylight savings). For those who are unsure about time zones, that's exactly 6 days from the time of this post.

So this would be 3 PM EST if my understanding of time zones is correct? 

Either way, I'd like to take out the Ender Dragon on the survival server just to insure a safe and happy floaty island where we can farm endermen.

A boat race around wognif's track wouldn't be a bad idea either, in my opinion.

A boat race around wognif's track wouldn't be a bad idea either, in my opinion.

That's a great idea! I say we hold the boat racing tournament before the big fight.

Here are the track's rules:
Bring plenty of boats when heading to my tower. I recommend at least 11. Additionally, more boats will be provided in case 11 isn't enough. (and since there might be a lot of us attending the race, that might not be a bad idea.)

Attacking other players is not allowed. Instead, you must use good timing with certain obstacles on the track. (On that note, can someone supply me with 27 stacks of arrows to load the arrow traps before we start?)

There will be 4 laps to the race.

How about fully enchanted half diamond half iron armor? That's currently the setting. If not satisfying then I can always make sure you can find full diamond armor.

Also, didn't someone mention a boat race that could be held?

I guess that could work.

Unfortunately I've caught a bit of an illness so I probably won't feel up to playing on the server for the whole party. I say whole party because there are some great ideas being thrown out here, and I think we should endeavour to fit them all in so long as people are around to play. I'll turn up for the beginning, do a fireworks display or something and record a tour of the server, then (unless I'm still feeling okay) I'll probably head off and you guys can do anything else you had planned. :)

Then on Sunday I'll close the server and hand it over to Phoenyx! Thanks again Phoenyx for agreeing to take over, that's really awesome of you. :thumbsup:

So this would be 3 PM EST if my understanding of time zones is correct?

I just realised that I never responded to this. You are correct, it will start almost exactly 4 hours from now. I look forward to seeing everyone who turns up!

Was unable to make it to the party due to other obligations, though I was wondering:

I know Phoenyx is also hosting the original map, but would it be possible to snag the map for myself, also? Wouldn't mind having it to keep.

Was unable to make it to the party due to other obligations, though I was wondering:

I know Phoenyx is also hosting the original map, but would it be possible to snag the map for myself, also? Wouldn't mind having it to keep.

I'm sorry that you couldn't make it to the party, but I did manage to record your place during the tour which I will be uploading soon. And certainly, no problem - when I give Phoenyx the servers I'll be sure to provide download links for everyone else here.

I hope the party went well and good footage was recorded. I'm sad I couldn't make it, but summer vacation is more important than a server closing.

Thank you, Jimbob, for hosting these servers for as long as you did. I have some great memories of v1 and v2, and it'll be hard to forget what you and I did together when I played Survival for the first time and skipped all college homework that day. :P I look forward to RRUCraft v3 under Phoenyx's leadership, and I hope we'll have even more fun in the future. :)

So um... I feel that I'm not really really a part of this forum that much anymore, it's good to see some people again and such... what I'm asking is, even though I'm not an incredibly active member of the forum, is it really alright that I still used the MC server? There really isn't any other fun survival servers out there anymore that I can use otherwise.

Fluffy Cupcake

That server will be a Spigot server running Multiverse

Does that mean we can have my LEGO Island map reincorporated into the server? :af:

even though I'm not an incredibly active member of the forum, is it really alright that I still used the MC server? There really isn't any other fun survival servers out there anymore that I can use otherwise.

Hmmmm. Server mods, is it huddle time?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.