RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

The new server should take anywhere between 24 and 96 hours to set up, judging by the times the service providers gave me. :)

Yeah, I suppose I wasn't that surprised. The only company I'm aware of who haven't been such cons about subscriptions are Jagex (they run RuneScape, yes yes I didn't stop playing that when I reached the minimum age requirement, big deal :P), who recently put up their prices but allowed all current subscribers to keep the old prices as long as they don't cancel their renewing membership. If only the world weren't so driven by money, eh?

Are you going to PM the new ip to all the players, or post it here?

I'd assume both of them will be posted here.

The new IP will be posted here, yes. There are too many players to send out PMs to, even with the 10-member cap on PMs.

Heads up, Minecraft 1.8.3 is now out, so hopefully, Jimbob, you can boot the new server with that version. ;)

In other news, every player should follow this guide right now:

http://www.howtogeek.com/210907/minecraft-doesnt-need-java-installed-anymore-its-time-to-remove-it/

Yup, you no longer need to separately install Java (and risk getting that Ask toolbar) to play Minecraft! :D I am not sure if the new launcher is available with the .msi installer, but I will find out soon (if someone doesn't beat me to it ;P).

Hey Jim, any sense of time you could give us as to how much time is left? I don't mean to sound impatient but I'm just so eager to jump back on the server and finish my roller coaster. xD

Le, I don't know what exactly you mean with the 1.8.3 update. It's been out for months and the server has been running this version the whole time. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that 1.8.3 is new.

Le, I don't know what exactly you mean with the 1.8.3 update. It's been out for months and the server has been running this version the whole time. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that 1.8.3 is new.

Honestly this is the first I've heard of it.

The 1.8.3 was a mostly silent update that added no features and only fixed a few critical bugs in MP and the announcement on mojangs website was in February, so it is not new.

The new Minecraft servers (yep, that's plural) will be live tomorrow at 6pm UTC! There are now separate Creative and Survival servers, each with 2GB of RAM to keep things running smoothly. You can check out the updated rules and information here.

If you're interested in playing, please join us for an opening party at 6pm UTC tomorrow on the Survival server!

• Like 2

Also are we going to need to be white-listed on both servers again?

Uh, yea? The entry rules have not changed, and this is still a white-listed server. That said, JJ will probably have already white-listed most of the players before the relaunch. ;)

if4bg.jpg

Yes, everyone's been whitelisted except a small few who I have contacted (they changed their usernames).

To accommodate everyone in 'MURICA, would people like me to push forward the opening time to 7pm or 8pm? Or should I leave it at 6pm?

Yes, everyone's been whitelisted except a small few who I have contacted (they changed their usernames).

To accommodate everyone in 'MURICA, would people like me to push forward the opening time to 7pm or 8pm? Or should I leave it at 6pm?

I really don't care cause I don't think I'll be home at those times today anyways... nothing super special is going to happen at this opening ceremony, right? Like you aren't going to be like passing out iron armor to those that showed to the new SMP server, right? xD

Iron? No. Diamond? Yes.

Nah, I was just going to shoot off some fireworks or something. I guess I'll leave it at 6pm as it was before then.

le717: 6PM UTC is 1PM EST

Actually, it's 2PM EST. Since I assume we're leaving Daylight Savings Time out of this?

Drill Master

Like you aren't going to be like passing out iron armor to those that showed to the new SMP server, right?

Everyone who joins us today gets a free block of dirt while supply lasts. Limit one block per account. No purchase necessary. This offer is open to residents of US and Canada, Great Britain, or where ever you live I guess. Void where prohibited. Must be an active member of RRU. If you are not satisfied with your block of dirt, you can return it within the 30 day trial period. The RRU Survival Server Admin and Moderators are not responsible for any dablage caused by your block of dirt.

• Like 3

Oh darn! No Free block of Dirt for me! So sad that Dirt is easy to come across that I won't get my hands on plain unoriginal Dirt Blocks.

But hey, Free Emerald Blocks for being late… …I guess that is fine, BUT ITS NOT AS GOOD AS DIRT.

This horrible joke was brought to you by Ben24x7, who, on request! will give off stupid and ear-bleeding jokes.

Something which hadn't occurred to me when setting up the new Survival server was the creation ether portals, which can be a bit difficult on multiplayer servers, and I've just finished fixing this up.

For those who don't know, Nether portals created in the Nether always link back to the same portal in the Overworld (the first built, as far as I'm aware) regardless of any other portals that have been made since, within a certain radius. Likewise all portals in the Overworld will link to the same one portal in the Nether within the same radius. Due to a couple of players building the first portals in hard-to-reach locations, which has made it difficult for all players living near the spawn area to utilise the Nether, I have relocated the master portal to the spawn hub to make it fair for everyone. All portals will need to be re-activated and will now link back to the spawn hub portal so long as they were built within 1024 blocks of it (128 in the Nether).

You may freely build Nether portals outside of this radius, but please be respectful of other players who may need it too - if you live near another player, build the portal somewhere you can both access it easily. :)

Hopefully that doesn't sound too complicated?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.