RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

We have found multiple counts of grief on the server, all of which being large piles of wool in various parts around the spawn village.

I wondered when someone would notice those. Those were my doing. All I did was replace the top layer of some sand piles with various colored wool. The sand was too tan, and it was a way to add a pop of color to the bland desert. It's like art. Smash some of the wool blocks, you'll find sand under them.

I am kinda confused as to how clothing sand piles that were generated by the world is considered griefing... :/

EDIT: In case you didn't see it, the blue pile was present in my daytime image of the glowbox:

Those who know me well enough should know that if I suspect anything strange or maliciously altered, I would report it. By having it in the background of that image (and the night one, but not as visible for obvious reasons), I did not suspect anything (well, I made them but those who know me also know I'm not going to break other's stuff or intentionally break the rules) that was rule breaking or worthy of breaking the rules.

We have found multiple counts of grief on the server, all of which being large piles of wool in various parts around the spawn village.

I wondered when someone would notice those. Those were my doing. All I did was replace the top layer of some sand piles with various colored wool. The sand was too tan, and it was a way to add a pop of color to the bland desert. It's like art. Smash some of the wool blocks, you'll find sand under them.

I am kinda confused as to how clothing sand piles that were generated by the world griefing... :/

EDIT: In case you didn't see it, the blue pile was present in my daytime image of the glowbox:

Those who know me well enough should know that if I suspect anything strange or maliciously altered, I would report it. By having it in the background of that image (and the night one, but not as visible for obvious reasons), I did not suspect anything (well, I made them but those who know me also know I'm not going to break other's stuff or intentionally break the rules) that was rule breaking or worthy of breaking the rules).

I see. Sorry Le. We have just been having many issues lately on the server, so you could understand our concern. Perhaps next time you let us know with signs just to make things a little easier. Apologies for the outburst. Creative mode is re-instated. :)

All I did was replace the top layer of some sand piles with various colored wool. The sand was too tan, and it was a way to add a pop of color to the bland desert. It's like art. Smash some of the wool blocks, you'll find sand under them.

Why not just use colored Clay? Clay is a much better material for the desert. ^^

Why not just use colored Clay? Clay is a much better material for the desert. ^^

Because I've wanted to do something with wool for a while, and I like the brighter colors of wool over clay.

At time of post, UHC Round 3 is mid-way through completion, but I thought I'd attempt to summarise the round in my perspective;

XNAgrZ6.jpg

(Just you wait until you see me release an unedited version of my recording, then you'd get the joke)

• Like 2

Oh yeah, that was today wasn't it... I tried to join the server twice before noticing the "UHC" tag in the description. xD

Hoping the actual server world is all intact. ^^

That was a pretty climatic ending for what was a great round of UHC! At the end of the round, Arthuriel and Shadowblaze were left to battle in the centre of the map. Arthuriel had the high ground while Shadowblaze carefully made his way up, until a sudden change in circumstances reversed their positions. Moments later the competitors collided in combat, and Shadowblaze emerged victorious! Congratulations on your victory Shadow, and commiserations to all who took part.

I'll try and put together another of the fancy leaderboards for this, but in the mean time have this little thing. Hopefully I got everyone's names in the right order. It's now uploaded here.

A video of my point of view in addition to the final battle will be uploaded soon can be viewed here.

• Like 1

My perspective of the match is now up, you can watch it here.

Sounds like it was super fun, like something I should participate in next time. ^^

It certainly was! The more players in UHC, the more fun it gets, so if you would like to play that'd be great.

As I mentioned before, we are unsure of some of the server's players. Aside from the few members that le717 kindly pointed out, we haven't heard back from anyone and hence will be removing the unknown players from the whitelist. If you are no longer whitelisted, simply PM me or another mod with your Minecraft username and we'll get you back online.

UHC: Round 4 right?

Alright, some people have voiced a desire for another UHC round this weekend. Due to JJ not being available next weekend, I will host that round, if enough people want to join in on it. I would host the match on Saturday at 6pm UTC. If you are not available at that time, we can see about adjusting it.

UHC: Round 4 right?

Alright, some people have voiced a desire for another UHC round this weekend. Due to JJ not being available next weekend, I will host that round, if enough people want to join in on it. I would host the match on Saturday at 6pm UTC. If you are not available at that time, we can see about adjusting it.

Count me in! I hope enough people will join.

Yes ofcourse, let's all stay alive for atleast three hours for once, and have a big TNT/sword fighting/arrow shooting ending. And let's hope we can form teams this round.

There are no requirements. You should however make sure that You have around 3 hours of guaranteed free time, more in case I see more point in extending the game, rather then ending it.

As of now, there are currently 4 (maybe 5) people for round 4. I would hope that we can get at least 6, or maybe even 8, so that we can do pairs.

So like, this is the first UHC I've ever been in. Is it like hungergames or can we build and stuff?

Jimbo already posted this but you can find more info here.

• Like 2

I would like to point out that while the railway is a public service on the server, it is still a build made that falls under the same rules as any and therefor changes made to it are considered griefing.

Meanwhile, the current signup for the next UHC is still at only 5 people. It would really be great if more people could join in, so that we can do pairs.

I found a little (and by little I mean big) hole in the northern desert a little bit to the left of the stronghold. If this is the beginning of someone's build (A meteorite crater or something) let me know and I won't fill it in.

~Sparks~

2/25/15 EDIT:

Added Screenshot

I found a little (and by little I mean big) hole in the northern desert a little bit to the left of the stronghold. If this is the beginning of someone's build (A meteorite crater or something) let me know and I won't fill it in.

~Sparks~

Thanks Spark, you just reminded me of something I wanted to asked the mods some time ago. ^^

If we find things here and there that might seem like a grief but we're the only one's one then should be post the coordinates to it?

Goodness me, the last several pages of this topic (disregarding posts on UHC) have seemingly derailed into a "griefing" fest*. This server was intended to be an RRU-away-from-RRU sort of deal, a place for us to game outside of the forum, and hence I expected it to have a friendly atmosphere. I would very much like to keep the rules relaxed but this can only happen if people are considerate of each other's constructions. Lately there has been a rise in griefing cases and if this continues I will simply add a greater restriction on the sign-up requirements, so that only people we know and trust a little more are allowed on, but I've wanted to avoid this as it feels a little elitist.

Come on, ya'll, it's as simple as this: Did you build it? If no, leave it, or ask about who did before doing anything. PM preferably too, if possible I'd like to keep this topic a little more focussed on important topics such as UHC.

*Not necessarily complaints about griefing, but certainly very cautious attempts to avoid it.

If we find things here and there that might seem like a grief but we're the only one's one then should be post the coordinates to it?

Sounds good, although uploading a screenshot might be better. :)

Alright, due to the match starting in a few hours, signups for UHC round 4 are now closed. This means that the following people will participate:

Shadow322

Antillies

RobExplorien

Shadowblaze

RR Rocks

I will not create a PM for this UHC, as there is nothing that needs to be discussed this time around.

The match starts at 6pm UTC. The normal server will be shutdown about half an hour before this time and will remain so until the match is finished.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.