RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

Fluffy Cupcake
I just checked it and unfortunately it was last updated in 2012, sorry. :( If it was up-to-date, or there was an alternative, I'd be more than happy to add it.

Ugh. How many times do I need to say it STILL WORKS even if the last updated date was that long ago. >.<

I mean, I just created a brand new server on 1.7.2 just to make my statement 100% sure, and yes it does still work fine. If you must know, not every plugin needs to be constantly updated, because the things that change do not affect it.

...Wow. My apologies, I was typing that late last night, although I can't believe I missed that.

I'll add it now. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Added. Also, SalvageSmelter has been added on another member's request. This allows you to smelt armour and tools back into ingots, dependent on the amount of uses they have left.

Fluffy Cupcake

I guess now we ask the opinions of people of how long they want day, night, dusk and dawn? I don't think it is configureable through a /command in game.

Edit: While wanting some grass underground, and not wanting to have to switch to creative to replace the dirt with grass, I decided to look for a plugin that could assist me with this.

Requesting this plugin: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/grassplanter/ (and yes, once again I tested and it still works with current version), you can now make grass yourself by placing seeds on a non-burried dirt block, (hey, this can help those with seed overloads to find something else useful for them. :P)

Thanks Xiron, that mod looks great! I'm happy to add it in, so long as no one else objects to it?

I guess now we ask the opinions of people of how long they want day, night, dusk and dawn? I don't think it is configureable through a /command in game.

Sure. Do people want time to pass normally, in 24min periods instead, or using some other time frame? I won't set it to 24hr cycles seeing as it's America-hosted, so some players will always be stuck at a certain time of day.

Thanks Xiron, that mod looks great! I'm happy to add it in, so long as no one else objects to it?

Sure. Do people want time to pass normally, in 24min periods instead, or using some other time frame? I won't set it to 24hr cycles seeing as it's America-hosted, so some players will always be stuck at a certain time of day.

I'd say double the length of day to 48 minutes.

I'd say double the length of day to 48 minutes.

48 minutes? That's way too unbalanced, even if I'm not one the server I can say that 32-36 minutes are more than enough.

Fluffy Cupcake

I like double day. :3

As for night, perhaps 1.5?

Btw guys, in the configuration file, the default speed is "1.0", just so you guys know how it works.

• Like 1

The Ace Railgun

I like double day. As for night, perhaps 1.5?

This would be fine by me. And maybe night at 1? I like a short night :P 

By double day, do you mean 48 minutes for an entire day/night cycle, or just for daytime? Because if that's just daytime then that's quite long, especially as some players just pop on for 15-20 minutes at a time. I'm happy to set it at a 48 minute day/night cycle if that's what you mean though.

Fluffy Cupcake

By double day, do you mean 48 minutes for an entire day/night cycle, or just for daytime?

If you read my post in full, you would know. I said double day and also specified a speed for night. Also, in that post I was actually wrong in saying 1.50 for night, I meant to say 0.75 instead.

The only reason I say that long for day, is that it seems that a lot of times people prefer the day, at least from what I see.

By double day, do you mean 48 minutes for an entire day/night cycle, or just for daytime?

If you read my post in full, you would know. I said double day and also specified a speed for night. Also, in that post I was actually wrong in saying 1.50 for night, I meant to say 0.75 instead.

The only reason I say that long for day, is that it seems that a lot of times people prefer the day, at least from what I see.

Sorry, it's my attempt at politely saying I don't quite agree with the 48min daytime suggestion. Maybe I'll add a poll, seeing as this can be considered quite a game-affecting thing, as people (myself included on occasion) like to hunt too for example.

Fluffy Cupcake

as people (myself included on occasion) like to hunt too for example.

Don't get me wrong, I like the occasional hunt once in a while too. Though it personally isn't on my top priortiy list. Also, unlit caves is always a good alternative.

A 48 minute day time is actually quite a while, so I understand not wanting to have it so long. Perhaps 0.75, like my night suggestion?

as people (myself included on occasion) like to hunt too for example.

Don't get me wrong, I like the occasional hunt once in a while too. Though it personally isn't on my top priortiy list. Also, unlit caves is always a good alternative.

A 48 minute day time is actually quite a while, so I understand not wanting to have it so long. Perhaps 0.75, like my night suggestion?

I can't work that out in my brain. It's telling me that's 15 minutes for day and 15 for night. Or 18 of each. I think.

I don't even know myself. It's late right now and I've had way too many late nights for my current impediment to handle...

That seems fine to me, I'll update it tomorrow :thumbsup:

Fluffy Cupcake

I don't even know myself. It's late right now and I've had way too many late nights for my current impediment to handle...

That seems fine to me, I'll update it tomorrow :thumbsup:

I would honestly prefer 0.5 for day (15 minutes), because 2.5 minutes longer isn't that big of a difference, but if this is what people want (what are others even saying about this?), then that is fine.

Drill Master

Well I just intalled a time sensitive security door at my new wip home, and I'll need some nighttime to be able to enjoy it.

Not exactly sure, but I'm keen to realistic times (meaning day and night are the same length) but maybe a little longer on both. But that's just my opinion.

Fluffy Cupcake

realistic times (meaning day and night are the same length)

This all depends on the time of year, really. Short winter days or long summer ones. The time of year you specify is right in the middle. ;P

Well I've set everything to 0.5. That way the sun/moon doesn't suddenly jump up in speed. Hopefully that'll still give your doors a chance to do there thing, DM, especially as they'll have longer nights to operate under :)

Fluffy Cupcake

Have the changes been publicly applied yet? (like "reload" in the console or something) Also, word on the grass?

Have the changes been publicly applied yet? (like "reload" in the console or something)

They should be, I haven't logged on to check yet though. The server has certainly been restarted since installing it though.

Also, word on the grass?

*Psst* Word on the block is, the GrassPlanter plugin has been installed... Ninja.gif

Fluffy Cupcake

For the sakes of me not having to waste 30-60 mins for 1 bookshelf (I need like 200), because not every cow drops leather, and it takes a while for the young ones to grow up, can we get something like this? http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/fleshtoleather/

Also, it would give me a reason to not dump the flesh out all the time, because I find it 0% useful atm.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.