RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

If all goes well, the server will be up and running...

Tonight

The server is now officially open! 

The server is currently whitelisted, so in order to play, you'll have to send me a PM with your Minecraft IGN.

We are still supporting the same rules that JJ used, including, but not limited to:

No foul language, no griefing, and you must have a minimum of 10 posts on RRU.

As for a server reset, I have decided to keep it on the old survival server for now. I figured a reset would be welcome at the beginning of the next year just to freshen things up a bit.

I guess that's all, so start sending me your Minecraft character names, log on, and have fun!

And the IP is: 76.72.175.59:25751

The server is currently whitelisted, so in order to play, you'll have to send me a PM with your Minecraft IGN.

And the IP is:

I think you've got it backward.. Usually it's post your IGN and PM the IP, but whatever...

Also, if the mods are okay with it, whoever the new host is should probably make a new topic for the server so that they can keep their OP updated.

I would follow this advice if I were you. ;)

Fluffy Cupcake

useless part of post edited out because it was discussed a page ago

What le717 said. Some of also already have our IGM in the Minecraft profile field anyhow.

The moderators from before were:

Ace Railgun

Ace dropped out of duty, remember?

Edit: We're playing on a snapshot?

If all goes well, the server will be up and running...

Tonight

You managed to quote me, even though it was RR Rocks that said that :P

useless part of post edited out because it was discussed a page ago

What le717 said. Some of also already have our IGM in the Minecraft profile field anyhow.

The moderators from before were:

Ace Railgun

Ace dropped out of duty, remember?

Edit: We're playing on a snapshot?

I thought she said she was going to be back in? Either way, if she wants to moderate again, I'm ok with it.

I am very sorry that I failed to remember a few things in my original post. I am a forgetful guy so please forgive me for anything I might (and inevitably will) screw up in the future.

Yes, we are running on the current snapshot in order to get a head start on 1.9. The new features take a lot of learning to get used to, and we figured that most players would want to practice a bit.

Ace did contact me, and will be returning as a moderator.

Let me know if I've forgotten anything else...

Well this is gonna be fun.

EDIT: Hmmm, not sure how I feel about the snapshot, it feels a little buggy and the combats kinda wonky to get used too. And I can't figure out how to change the reticle to show my sword recharge.

Edited by Shadow322

Can't wait! :D

EDIT: Just a question. Is anyone planning on hosting the Creative World? I'd be glad to if no one else is in the works with it. I've hosted several servers in the past and would love to help pitch in.

"They took the server!" *angrymobmentality*

On a more serious note: I guess, that it is just maintenance or something else, that's going to be solved very soon.

We also really need a new thread for the Survival mode server for overview's sake (I think, that sparks should do that, because he hosts the server).

I'm sorry about the downtime. I'm unsure what has happened to cause this and unfortunately I am currently away from my desktop for another day, so it's up to sparks to restart it. I will look into the cause as soon as I'm back home.

Fluffy Cupcake

So how is it both of you have access? Is it log in + press the boot up button or something? I'm not exactly sure how using a hosting service works.

That would be borderline impossible due to the size of MC blocks and also WAY more work than what most people would be willing to contribute. We're not debating what to do with the server. We already have a map that we played on and I'm sure nobody would be willing to give it up.

That didn't stop me from making that as-near-possible LEGO Island recreation that one time. :P

Also, the massive size of the blocks makes it harder to make nicer things. Which I kinda of hate to be honest.

Intially I will only host the survival server, mainly due to the fact that activity on the creative world was limited at best, but I can consider hosting a creative server too, provided that someone can fund it and that demand is high enough.

Well I'm not really much of a survival guy myself, so you probably will rarely see me on the server at this time. =P

Well, the world files have been posted in this topic (somewhere...)

Can't find it...

Hey by the way, does anyone know how disabling the F3 coordinates like JJ did for our survival server actually work? I'd be interested in knowing how to do it myself.

Well, the world files have been posted in this topic (somewhere...)

Can't find it...

Hey by the way, does anyone know how disabling the F3 coordinates like JJ did for our survival server actually work? I'd be interested in knowing how to do it myself.

I'll stick the world files in the OP.

Disabling the coordinates was done through commands. In the Survival world (again, I'll stick it in the OP), if you travel to the bottom directly below the spawn area, there is an admin room inaccessible even to mods. There are command blocks operating here which constantly run commands such as the F3 prevention and stopping mods making themselves admins. It took a bit of work but I was pleased with the results, plus it didn't cause any lag. In order to get in there you'll probably have to disable command blocks.

Fluffy Cupcake

Oh okay. So it's a gamerule. Google didn't do a good job on giving me information about having it removed.

Also, I got in with spectator mode. ;P And even so, there is a second between ticks that I could have used to quickly break the bedrock in creative mode before it switches me back. What you really need for true security is a command block that teleports players in the room out of it.

Hey! Just wanted to check and ask, does anyone have plans on hosting the Creative Server? If not, I'd like to host it if I may. Please just say so if anyone is.

Hey! Just wanted to check and ask, does anyone have plans on hosting the Creative Server? If not, I'd like to host it if I may. Please just say so if anyone is.

Doesn't look like it, go for it if you want to!

Alright alright! I have officially booted back up the creative server, everything seems fine. For anyone wanting to join it, it WILL require whitelist just so we can keep this among the RRU Community. Rules apply as they did for the RRU Survival Server.

• 3 month old RRU account. 
  •  At least 10 posts.
  • PLEASE keep swearing to a minimum on the server as well. Thanks!

Please send me a PM if you wish to be whitelisted, and I'll give you the IP there. :) All mods from the RRUCraft Survival Server being hosted now are modded. Thank you! Again, please PM for the IP! Thanks. :)

The server is currently running Minecraft Version 1.8.8.

Edited by raysfan00

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.