RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

Fluffy Cupcake

I have backups of both servers as they currently are, and will continue to make regular backups until the servers are closed. As to what I'll do with them at that point I'm not sure - together they total over 1.5GB in size, which is pretty substantial, so it may be difficult to upload them somewhere but I'll certainly try.

​Dropbox works. If you are under limit you can upload something over limit, although you won't be able to upload any more files afterwords until there is room in your box again.

Maybe Mega works? I'm not actually on that site so I don't know if it has a limit or not.

You know, I could take over hosting, and I am able to host on my own hardware.

​Now the question remains: Will you make it a modded server like many requested? :af:

I have backups of both servers as they currently are, and will continue to make regular backups until the servers are closed. As to what I'll do with them at that point I'm not sure - together they total over 1.5GB in size, which is pretty substantial, so it may be difficult to upload them somewhere but I'll certainly try.

​Dropbox works. If you are under limit you can upload something over limit, although you won't be able to upload any more files afterwords until there is room in your box again.

Maybe Mega works? I'm not actually on that site so I don't know if it has a limit or not.

You know, I could take over hosting, and I am able to host on my own hardware.

​Now the question remains: Will you make it a modded server like many requested? :af:

​Forge or Spigot? If it's Forge, then likely not for the main two servers - though I might also set up a Forge server or two for some smaller stuff. Spigot would work fine, though.

Fluffy Cupcake

I don't even know what Spigot is. *looks up* Ooooh, so like the new Bukkit eh? Sounds awesome. Forge or Spigot doesn't really matter to me, although I am more familiar with the type Spigot is. Plus most of the Bukkit plugins will work with Spigot, so that's cool.

Currently we have just two members signed up for UHC:

As this isn't enough for a match, does anyone else want to join in? Also I have no problem with people recording footage of the server, as long as everyone online at the time is happy with being recorded.

Currently we have just two members signed up for UHC:

As this isn't enough for a match, does anyone else want to join in? Also I have no problem with people recording footage of the server, as long as everyone online at the time is happy with being recorded.

​Again, I'm willing to sign up as long as it's a team UHC.

*facepalm*

I said earlier I wanted to sign up. It's okay if you didn't notice it, but I was at least hoping you'd see it.

So, for the second time, sign me up for the final(?) RRU MC Server Ultimate HardCore battle.

My apologies that some of you weren't added - I didn't read a definitive "yes" so played it safe. I'm glad we have more players now!

UHC: Round 5  |  2015-06-20  |  6pm - 8:30pm UTC

Total: 7 players

If anyone else is interested, please sign up by tomorrow so I can get things sorted out on Saturday.

Wow, thanks both of you for joining in! Here's the updated list:

UHC: Round 5  |  2015-06-20  |  6pm - 8:30pm UTC

Total: 9 players

As it stands at the moment, this means we can have 3 teams of 3 players. If there are still other people who wish to join, please do so by the end of today otherwise I'll begin preparations for the match.

JJ, will there be a closing meetup on the server before it goes, kind of like how we did the opening? Maybe take a tour around both servers, looking at the builds one last time before the server goes away (at least temporarily)?

That sounds like a great idea, I can record another tour (in better quality than last time) and actually get people in if possible. :D

UHC: Round 5

Wow... What an awesome round. First off, the results:

large.UHC_Round_5.png.cf8910ca59f19757e5

And now for the match overview from our perspective. The match started off an hour late, at which point everyone got straight to work. I have to give a huge credit to Antillies here, who's expertise guided us through to collecting diamond and enchanting our armour. Onegreatrace was the first to fall, followed some time afterward by Ben24x7. After that, the six remaining players - spread across all four teams - continued to work up until the game's end, which is probably the first time this many players survived until the end of the game. As the game finished and the twenty minute countdown began, in which the world border continued to shrink, Antillies and I headed out to hunt the enemy.

We first came across Arthuriel and Shadowblaze. Arthuriel legged it out of the area, while Antillies and I pursued Shadow. Shadow put up a good fight, but with Antillies using his bow and I using my sword, we quickly dispatched and looted Shadowblaze, eliminating him from the game. We swiftly pursued Arthuriel but he managed to evade us, losing us in the forest. After some searching we came across RobExplorien and chased him. Rob was crafty in using explosives, mobs and the dense forest to elude us, but ultimately we dispatched him too, wiping out RobExplorien and his team. This left Team 3, RR Rocks from Team 2 and Arthuriel from Team 4.

Antillies and I cautiously approached the centre of the world as the border closed in. I stupidly broke off from our pairing, at which point RR Rocks ambushed and killed me in seconds, removing JimbobJeffers from the match. Antillies had little time to prepare himself before he and RR Rocks were engaged in combat. After a short battle, Antillies was slain, leaving RR Rocks and Arthuriel to engage in a final duel!

Many floating-head spectators circled the world which was now approaching 20 blocks square in size. Arthuriel pulled back upon seeing RR Rocks, but RR Rocks quickly charged in around the corner and took him by surprise, finishing off Arthuriel and claiming victory. Yup, RR Rocks single-handedly killed three other players and won the game!

Wow, that was such an awesome game. Again, thanks Antillies for your help, I really enjoyed this match and it seems everyone else did too. Good game!

Apologies for the triple-post here, I was rather hoping someone else would post but meh.

As RR Rocks suggested above, is anyone up for a party/tour of the servers as they currently stand before they are terminated/transferred over? I don't know how long it would last, but I doubt it would be too long. I'll be recording a video as I did with the last tour (but in better quality this time) and people can be featured alongside their creations if they wish.

I suggest hosting this next Saturday at 7pm UTC (8pm including daylight savings). For those who are unsure about time zones, that's exactly 6 days from the time of this post.

I'll participate in that party. Such a shame I couldn't get my tower completed on time, but it's in a state where it isn't an eyesore, at least.

Its also a shame I haven't planned the first boat race on the server yet, as the track is finished.

I suggest hosting this next Saturday at 7pm UTC (8pm including daylight savings). For those who are unsure about time zones, that's exactly 6 days from the time of this post.

...And I'll still be on my summer trips. :( Well, I'll be there in memory, at least. :)

I'll participate in that party. Such a shame I couldn't get my tower completed on time, but it's in a state where it isn't an eyesore, at least.

Its also a shame I haven't planned the first boat race on the server yet, as the track is finished.

One of the servers I'll be hosting will be a legacy server with the old map. That server will be a Spigot server running Multiverse, so we can have several legacy maps loaded including some of the old ARMCS maps as well all on one server.

RobExplorien

So will that be the same time as our unintentionally belated starting time of the last UHC?

Edited by RobExplorien

So will that be the same time as our unintentionally belated starting time of the last UHC?

Haha, yes it will be. I can make it earlier if it means more people can attend, or change the day entirely.

WE WON!!! YEAH!! GO TEAM 2!!!!!

we won yay

Remember when you died at the beginning, I said I would still win this. I didn't figure I would be right :P

Onegreatrace

WE WON!!! YEAH!! GO TEAM 2!!!!!

we won yay

Remember when you died at the beginning, I said I would still win this. I didn't figure I would be right :P

lol! hahhaha

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.