RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

That's not a mod, its a map. With a texture pack.

Pardon, EXRicky. I do not play MC, so I thought it was a mod. However, you get the idea I was throwing out there.

Fluffy Cupcake

Heeeeeyyyy.. I just had an idea for the server. Perhaps every and then, it can be outfitted with 's >LEGO Island in Minecraft mod. I do not know if it works with the current version of MC (I think Sega told me it doesn't), but this may be a good reason to update it.

Hmm, if we use a mult-world plugin (dunno if it exists outside of bukkit), that would be a great addition, and I for sure would update the resource pack that goes with it. As of now the pack is 0% compatible with the latest version.

I don't know the details of how MC server hosting works (last I tried something like that was over a year ago and I've forgotten most of what's involved), but if you could ever move to Bukkit I'd like to suggest this: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1974094-162164-more-player-models-2-adds-a-character-creation-screen-animations-and-more/ The limited character customization is the main problem I have with vanilla Minecraft, and this mod fixes that problem. My current skin is also meant to go with that mod, and looks a bit strange without it.

I don't know the details of how MC server hosting works (last I tried something like that was over a year ago and I've forgotten most of what's involved), but if you could ever move to Bukkit I'd like to suggest this: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1974094-162164-more-player-models-2-adds-a-character-creation-screen-animations-and-more/ The limited character customization is the main problem I have with vanilla Minecraft, and this mod fixes that problem. My current skin is also meant to go with that mod, and looks a bit strange without it.

Lol cat with bullet holes.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

I'm now trying to connect to the server for the first time using the latest up to date version of MC but I keep getting an error while trying to connect.

It keeps saying "Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException"

Anybody have any idea how I can get past this error and is anyone else having this error?

I'm now trying to connect to the server for the first time using the latest up to date version of MC but I keep getting an error while trying to connect.

It keeps saying "Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException"

Anybody have any idea how I can get past this error and is anyone else having this error?

We're all having that error.

It also says we're already on the server, but we aren't.

First of all my apologies that the server is down, it's the same with my private server which is under the same service provider, so I guess they're upgrading or something. I doubt it'd take long or people would want their money back :P

As for the suggestions... I've tried WorldEditing a server world but I kind of messed it all up, something between downloading and reuploading the worlds and all. If it was a creative server I'd be more inclined to adding in a creation such as LEGO Island, but seeing as its survival I wonder if it might be more appropriate not to add it in.

The server is self-managed so I can add whatever I like to the mod, in theory at least, but big stuff may require upgrading which I don't have the wallet to do. That Bukkit mod looks great though jamesster, it's just outdated, if it's compatible then I might add it in :)

EDIT: Server's back up :D

Fluffy Cupcake
but big stuff may require upgrading which I don't have the wallet to do.

I've got money to spare. I do after all have about 90 $1s at home (thank people who leave their $1 in shopping carts that require them), plus an additional $25 from elsewhere.

but big stuff may require upgrading which I don't have the wallet to do.

I've got money to spare. I do after all have about 90 $1s at home (thank people who leave their $1 in shopping carts that require them), plus an additional $25 from elsewhere.

Wow, that's a lot of $1s :P If you really would like to put money towards the server, it only costs $4 per GB to upgrade the RAM, which should hopefully have a big impact on the performance. Then again I don't notice much issue at all currently, 1GB should be perfect for the amount of players that play at once currently, so if Bukkit doesn't bog down the server then you need not worry :) Thank you very much for your offer, if you do want to help out then let me know.

Fluffy Cupcake

Thank you very much for your offer, if you do want to help out then let me know.

I will help out, if needed.

If it was a creative server I'd be more inclined to adding in a creation such as LEGO Island, but seeing as its survival I wonder if it might be more appropriate not to add it in.

There are two version of the map actually; regular (with boundaries). And the boundryless one which "is more for if you want to turn it into your own survival map".

Also, maybe it would be possible to have a command block or plugin or something that changes your gamemode when you go to the specific world?

I don't understand, you're able to add that world into the current server world and keep it separate from everything else?

If so I'm up for that, and I'm sure there's some way of doing the creative/survival switch, if not mods can just tp players there and switch the gamemode as they do so.

I don't understand, you're able to add that world into the current server world and keep it separate from everything else?

If so I'm up for that, and I'm sure there's some way of doing the creative/survival switch, if not mods can just tp players there and switch the gamemode as they do so.

With the right plugins, a server can have more than one world on it.

I've done that before.

Ah okay, thanks. :thumbsup: To be honest though, I've been trying to avoid Bukkit and stuff like that, I prefer the simplicity of a vanilla server.

But hey, it's you guys' server, so you guys can decide :)

Fluffy Cupcake

I've been trying to avoid Bukkit and stuff like that, I prefer the simplicity of a vanilla server.

Are you calling Bukkit complicated? Never!

The Ace Railgun

Bukkit complicated

Two words that always seem to be used together...

I can help with bukkit if needed as well, I did try to set up my own server a couple of times just for fun so I know some bukkit. 

Thanks all of you, but I have used Bukkit before :) Alright, I'll take a look into it, anyone have recommendations for plugins?

Thanks for the offer TheDoctor, if you really would be okay with hosting this server then I'd be more than happy to hand it over to you, and if you don't want to manage it I'm also happy to continue.

By the way, this server's hit over 200mb in size per backup, so Multicraft won't allow me to download them. I guess I'll have to try FileZilla but I'm wondering if it's something I should worry about?

Fluffy Cupcake

One of my personal favs: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/propertime/

This allows you to control the length of day and night. So now we can have super long days, while still keeping night in there, even if short, and not have it just locked on one time of the day.

It still works afaik, despite last update date. And if it does not work properly, an update can always be requested. That's what I did before when it stopped working.

I don't have any personal favs for multi-world plugins, if we are looking into that.

I'd love to join you and meet you all in minecraft, had it not been for 2 minor/major problems:

1- I do not fulfill requirements

2- I do not have minecraft

I guess I'll fix the later first, then take it from there  :satisfied: (University is running a minecraft server as well  :lol: )

(damn, I haven't posted in a while...)

A new RRU MC server? Sure, lets see how this one goes. Might get me into minecraft again.

Sign me up then.

Just send me the world and tell me what you want.

Thanks, I don't mean to contradict what I've previously said (my brain has been rather fuzzed the past few days for various reasons) but I might keep the server with my current host for now as we haven't experienced any issues recently. I'll install Bukkit and see how it goes. I'll keep the offer in mind though :)

I'd love to join you and meet you all in minecraft, had it not been for 2 minor/major problems:

1- I do not fulfill requirements

2- I do not have minecraft

I guess I'll fix the later first, then take it from there  :satisfied: (University is running a minecraft server as well  :lol: )

Well, I look forward to you joining the server in the near future :)

(damn, I haven't posted in a while...)

A new RRU MC server? Sure, lets see how this one goes. Might get me into minecraft again.

Sign me up then.

Sure thing, I'll add you to the list.

I'm okay with it modded, so long as there isn't any bulky technical mods (BuildCraft, IndustrialCraft, Red Power, etc.)

or anything that makes mobs absurdly unbalanced in difficulty.

I kinda prefer aesthetic mods.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.