RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

If you paid attention a while back, I made "The RRU Server" parody of TLM's logo on what is now the Creative server (which, for those who are wondering, was the previous server).

I plan to make it again, this time in the survival server. However I do need any and all members of the server to help out (should you wish to);

I need resources to rebuild the logo in Survival, enough resources to make all the Redstone Blocks, Black Wool and Iron Blocks.

How much exactly? Well...   ...see for yourself;

BLOCKS

- 143 Redstone Blocks (2 stacks of 64, a stack of 6)
- 1,287 Black Wool (19 stacks of 64, a stack of 7)
- 138 Iron Blocks (2 stacks of 64, a stack of 10)

RESOURCES TO MAKE EACH BLOCK

- 1,287 Redstone (9 per block)

- 1,287 Wool and 1,287 Squid Ink (1 Wool and 1 Squid Ink per block, unless the Wool comes as Black)
- 1,242 Iron Ingots (9 per block)

Not to mention all the wood and ladders I'll be using to navigate the build at different angles

...yeaaaah...

...basically I need enough people to help with the resources part of this build. It doesn't matter if you send in the resources individually or as the needed Blocks.

I have set up a "Donation Chest" North of the Main Spawn where players, should they wish to, can give off spare Redstone, Wool, Squid Ink or Iron Ingots they don't need.

It would be helpful if people could "donate" towards the cause of this construction.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Can I just point out a major complaint about the lack of the coordinates being visible on the survival server? Just knowing they aren't there makes me feel lost on the map even if I know where I am.

Fluffy Cupcake

Can I just point out a major complaint about the lack of the coordinates being visible on the survival server? Just knowing they aren't there makes me feel lost on the map even if I know where I am.

Being lost is part of surviving.

• Like 1

To help with us moderators and our moderatin', could players who change their Minecraft usernames please alert us whenever you do? PM or posting, here or on the RRUCraft forum, is fine. While the server does automatically update its whitelist due to the recent UUID system, it doesn't actually notify us of username changes unless we are in-game with you at the same time.

Exactly, I've made the new Survival server as Survival-y as it can be. Daylight cycles and no coordinates for example were included because they make in-game items such as the clock and compass actually useful.

• Like 1

Exactly, I've made the new Survival server as Survival-y as it can be. Daylight cycles and no coordinates for example were included because they make in-game items such as the clock and compass actually useful.

Well I mean like... I can understand the coordinates thing after some reasonable thought about it but like... what moron would disable the daylight cycle? The fact that there is a day and night to Minecraft like like one of the best things about it... I wouldn't play on a server that stupidly disabled that feature.

Drill Master

Shadow, in the past, on the old servers, we would use the /time set command to skip night, or we would sometimes disable it upon request for a few hours. We even had a mod to increase the lengh of the cycle. It was all per request of members. JJ is saying that this is no longer the case. The daylight cycle is not to be changed or stopped by the Mods any longer. The only way to change it is to sleep, as intended.

Also, the coords deal. Yeah it was easier to find your way, but with them gone, it adds more fun to the game. Take this for example: I took an entire day exploring out away from my house without a map or compass and I got lost. I eventually found my way back just by the position of the Sun. And doing that was actually a lot of fun. It was like my own little quest to find my way back home.

Now, with that being said, the rules have been etched. This is the most Survival server we've ever had, and it's going to stay that way.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
GordonFreeman

I haven't been whitelisted for the new Creative (and possibly Survival, but that server is down so I can't check) yet. My in-game name is KyleTyphonus. Would someone be able to re-add me?

I'm doing a simple LRR Recreation on the Creative Server, but whilst clearing through Rock for construction I came across this cave system;

What I found when clearing;

7zTymsW.png

A better image inside the cave system;

6JLvkQE.png

I have a feeling someone owns this so I'd like to ask who found these caves and if I can dig away most of it for my construction, besides, I'm building this on the Creative server so Survival elements are not as needed.

If you want a better look at the cave, please come to the server as I am currently (at time of writing) waiting outside my "build" for anyone to admit the cave is theirs and if I can break it down.

Neat! Are we going to have boat racing down there then? Also wow, that tower must have taken a while to build.

In future though please use the >screenshots topic for displaying screenshots, unless you're making a request or something as Ben did above. I'd appreciate this topic being more focussed on server discussion than sharing. :)

If i may ask, JJ, why are co-ordinates disabled on the Survival Server?

Also, the coords deal. Yeah it was easier to find your way, but with them gone, it adds more fun to the game. Take this for example: I took an entire day exploring out away from my house without a map or compass and I got lost. I eventually found my way back just by the position of the Sun. And doing that was actually a lot of fun. It was like my own little quest to find my way back home.
  • Like 1

Yep, I think DM summed it up nicely. I also gave my own response too somewhere but I don't want to trawl through the pages to find it - basically, in addition to what DM said, it reintroduces the need for obsolete items such as the Compass.

• Like 1

Neat! Are we going to have boat racing down there then? Also wow, that tower must have taken a while to build.

In future though please use the >screenshots topic for displaying screenshots, unless you're making a request or something as Ben did above. I'd appreciate this topic being more focussed on server discussion than sharing. :)

When it's finished, I'll announce, and the first ever RRU boat racing tournament can be scheduled.

The tower still isn't finished though. Think of the old RRU Tower, but with a city inside. It's going to be big.

• 3 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Is the survival server still down after several weeks, or did I just see it at a bad time again? (Not that I was planning on going on it).

Edit: It happens I saw it at a bad time again despite not being on in several weeks. How coincidental.

• 1 month later...

3a1fba1f40bffc0bc0538f613477e467.jpg

Except that I am writing one somewhat right now...

It is with great regret that I must inform all current RRUCraft players of the current predicament regarding the RRU Minecraft server.

This September I will be starting university after taking a "gap year" out of education. For those interested I'll be studying Software Engineering, which is pretty fancy. As a result of this I will be moving out into my own apartment, which means acquiring student finances, loans, maintenance fees and so on... In short, I'll be trying to save as much money as possible. This means that I will have to close down both the Creative and the Survival Minecraft servers for RRU. The server will be open for about two more weeks before it is closed.

I have backups of both servers as they currently are, and will continue to make regular backups until the servers are closed. As to what I'll do with them at that point I'm not sure - together they total over 1.5GB in size, which is pretty substantial, so it may be difficult to upload them somewhere but I'll certainly try. This means that anyone can download them and explore/continue to play on the servers themselves if desired.

Should anyone wish to take over hosting of the server, I'm more than happy to transfer over the worlds to your control. You would of course need to pay for hosting yourself - I currently use Minecrafted.NET and have done so for a few years now, hosting both of RRU's servers and my own private one. They charge just $1.99 a month for a GB of memory so I cannot recommend them enough if anyone does wish to take on the mantle.

I apologise if this is an inconvenience to anyone. But on the plus side we had a good run: this topic contains over 900 posts of awesomeness, with another 140+ in the screenshots topic, and RRUCraft has been running for over a year and a half now. We had some great games played here, too, and I plan to host one last UHC match before I close the servers.

Happy mining,

JJ

Are you allowing sign-ups for the UHC match now?

As for the closure of the server...   ...well...   ...its been fun...

...thats, all I can say really...

You know, I could take over hosting, and I am able to host on my own hardware.

As for UHC, If it's a team match, I'm interested. Not if it's a solo, though.

UHC: Round 5 will take place this Saturday from 7pm to 9:30pm UTC*. Depending on the circumstances, the game may be extended further should a winner not be decided yet.

It will be a teams round with either 2, 3 or 4 players to a team. I'll decide on that once we have everyone signed up. If you can make it at the aforementioned time, please let me know here or via PM!

*Accounting for Daylight Savings, so Google will report that link as an hour before. I.e. the round will be 6pm to 8:30pm according to the link.

​That would be really great. Didn't you host the old Minecraft server? Once my current subscription is up I'll upload the server files somewhere.

UHC: Round 5 will take place this Saturday from 7pm to 9:30pm UTC. Depending on the circumstances, the game may be extended further should a winner not be decided yet.

It will be a teams round with either 2, 3 or 4 players to a team. I'll decide on that once we have everyone signed up. If you can make it at the aforementioned time, please let me know here or via PM!

​That would be really great. Didn't you host the old Minecraft server? Once my current subscription is up I'll upload the server files somewhere.

​I hosted one (and for a time, two) of the servers under the names of ARMCS and ARMCSS. I've actually been wanting to bring back ARMCS as a survival server similar to the Mindcrack Whitelisted server for a while now, but I couldn't get a player base.

I'll probably host two servers - one for the old maps and the other for a new map that's completely up-to-date with the latest version of Minecraft. I even have a trick to hosting multiple servers on one machine - the only downside is that it complicates the address a bit since the port numbers are required.

Edited by Phoenyx

I'll sign up for the UHC. A shame about the server closing (temporarily).

Phoenyx, you refer to Mindcrack, the Youtube group. Do you imply that you mean to use the server for Youtube content creation, or just as a reference to whitelisted servers?

It's a reference to whitelisted servers with an organized survival setup. Of course, if you want to make videos, well, until everything transfers over that's up to Jimbob, but I'm ok with it as long as everyone else is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.