Photo

RRU Minecraft Server

• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

JimbobJeffers

gallery_5738_265_8568.png

NOTICE: Please check out the website for this server here, where information and discussion can also be found!

The RRU Minecraft server is another way for members of RRU to meet up outside of the forum, for those who enjoy playing Minecraft too. This server is open 24/7 and available solely to members of RRU. If you're interested in joining this server, simply post here or send me a PM and I'll add you to the list!

Currently I pay for the server hosting. The details of the server are as below:

- 1GB RAM

- 1-20 Players

- Vanilla Survival server

- 1GBps Network Port

- American-based server host

- 24/7 server uptime

- IP Address is: 76.72.172.163:25620

I'm perfectly happy to pay for it on my own, but if enough donations were made I could up the specs of the server (just $4 is enough per upgrade). Plus donations are welcome anyway to pay for it, it's only $4 a month :)

Sign-Up List

Ops are underlined. In order to sign up to this server you must have at least 10 posts and have been a member for at least 4 months. This is to prevent random members who don't contribute to the forum from joining and playing on the server.

JimbobJeffers (Admin)

- Drill Master (Mod)

- Fushigisaur (Mod)

The Ace Railgun (Mod)

Xiron (Mod)

- Antillies

- Arthuriel

- Ben24x7

- BerixMaster2010

- Brigs

- c4squid

- Cyrem

- EXRicky

- GordonFreeman

jamesster

- jedi299 

- le717

- legosponge

- LUModder

- McStudz

- MrEightThreeOne

OREST

- origamiguy

- ProfessorBrickkeeper

RobExplorien

- RocketTheRacer

- RR Rocks

- Sadie Meowsalot

- Shadowblaze

- Sharkly

- Tauka Usanake

- Yajmo

- yo dude

Total Members: 33

Note: Although this server only supports 20 players, this means 20 players at once. Seeing as there are generally only 1-5 players online (I've never seen more than 5 myself), you can still sign up to the server. :)

Rules

I know this is a friendly small server, but rules are still important to keep things from getting out of hand and ensuring everyone has a good time. Hence you must follow the two rules below or you may be banned from the server.

Rule 1: Respect Other Players

This means no insulting other members, or using derogatory language to others. This also means NO GRIEFING - which includes vandalising other people's creations, damaging them, etc. Unless you are given permission from that player.

If you believe you have been a victim of griefing, notify a moderator and send me a PM. I will review the report and do my best to deal with the situation.

*Eh, this doesn't seem to be working. Just send me a PM if you have any issues.

Rule 2: No Cheating

This includes me and the moderators too (as does the previous rule), especially as we have more 'powers'. I don't know if cheating is possible on servers but if so, don't do it  :) Moderators should not use commands such as /give to grant themselves or others items, xp, etc., as this is a survival server.

Other Stuff

- PVP is disabled

- Flight is disabled

- Mobs and animals are enabled

- Structures and dungeons do generate. Please don't steal everything you can, give others opportunities to loot things.

- Day/Night cycles are active.

Also, it'd be nice if players could maintain a good distance from each other's structures. If someone builds something big or that they are otherwise proud of, be respectful and don't build a huge portal right next to it.

UltraHardcore

UltraHardcore is a special game that can be played in which players must defeat the Ender Dragon in a short space of time, while avoiding being killed by other players, on an extremely hard difficulty. The plugin used for this server is UltraHardcore. A brief run-down of the mechanics are below:

- Health regeneration is disabled.

- You lose hearts if hungry.

- Only Healing Potions and Golden Apples can restore health.

- Player versus Player is enabled.

- The aim is to defeat the Ender Dragon. However, if at any point one man is left remaining, they are nominated the winner.

- Branch mining is not allowed; you must mine your resources using natural caves.*

- If you die, the game is over, and you are banned from the server until the round is over.

*See this image by Antillies if you're not sure where to draw the line. You can create tunnels between caves, tunnels as homes, etc. But extensive branch mining involving many corridors and such is clearly not allowed.

While a round of UHC is underway, the standard server will be backed up and closed temporarily.

If you'd like an idea of what the game is like, Antillies provided an excellent description:

Spoiler

Round List

Below is a list of all the rounds of UHC so far, including any pending rounds.

Spoiler

Arthuriel

I would be interested in joining such a server :)

Vanilla sounds okay, too.

Fushigisaur

Interest. Of course, being one of the ones who brought it up... yeah.

I am perfectly fine with vanilla minecraft, in fact it was in the same conversation I expressed my distaste for most mods. I'm wondering about versions, though, as I've never done SMP- I mentioned I'm unable to use 1.6-1.7 right now, if I were on 1.5 and everyone else was on 1.7 would it cause issues?

JimbobJeffers

I would be interested in joining such a server :)

Great, added to the list :thumbsup:

Interest. Of course, being one of the ones who brought it up... yeah.

I am perfectly fine with vanilla minecraft, in fact it was in the same conversation I expressed my distaste for most mods. I'm wondering about versions, though, as I've never done SMP- I mentioned I'm unable to use 1.6-1.7 right now, if I were on 1.5 and everyone else was on 1.7 would it cause issues?

Also added to the list.

Whenever I've tried to join a server that's behind the client update version, it says 'server outdated', so I think the server would have to be version 1.7.2 in order to cater for members who can use it. Sorry :/ I don't understand why it doesn't work for you though?

Arthuriel

I don't know, if this is helpful, but maybe updating Java and reinstalling Minecraft could solve the problem, Fushigi.

Xiron

Once before... or maybe it was twice? We had a MC server for RRU, one was official and hosted by Cyrem, and then another was hosted by another RRU member (who is no longer super active), they lived for some time but then died out.

But hey, if insterst rises again, why not have another one again? It has been a while.

EXRicky

I might join it, idunno though.

Ever since I had a lot of problems on another server I went to (and left it due to), I've became very wary about multiplayer.

jamesster

jamesster

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts
Wow, deja vu. If it actually lasts this time I might pop in.

The Ace Railgun

Well it'd give me a reason to get on Minecraft again. Sure i'll join.

RobExplorien

Sure, I'm in for this. I fancy vanilla MC.

• Yajmo thanked this

OREST

Sure, sign me up. And I can help you maintain the server if you need help  :)

I'm okej with the vanilla Minecraft . 

I can also create a cratbukkit server only with permission and restrictions and no mods if we need that. 

• JimbobJeffers thanked this

Xiron

I do recommend whitelisting, because even on the earlier days of this site I've seen some poor results from non-whitelists (like greifing and thieves for one instance).

I suppose I haven't said if I'm interested or not yet. Lets just say I'm semi interested.

Btw, if you need any assistance I'm here to help, I've privately hosted a few times myself, mostly bukkit though (I love it too much. XP), but I've used Vanilla too.

JimbobJeffers

Wow, I wasn't expecting this many people signing up so soon! I'll add everyone who's posted to the list now. Not to bind you to a contract or anything, but just to get an idea of potential numbers.

Once before... or maybe it was twice? We had a MC server for RRU, one was official and hosted by Cyrem, and then another was hosted by another RRU member (who is no longer super active), they lived for some time but then died out.

But hey, if insterst rises again, why not have another one again? It has been a while.

Well, even if it is something that comes and goes, I'm happy to host it this time around. In response to jamesster's comment too, as I said in the OP this'll be 24/7 open, I don't know if that's different to before. Plus by the looks of things there are already a lot of people interested.

Ever since I had a lot of problems on another server I went to (and left it due to), I've became very wary about multiplayer.

I'm sorry that's the case for you, but as this server is for RRU members only I think you should give it a try. Judging by the current people signing up I'm sure you'll really enjoy it, and I see no reason for any major conflicts to occur. :thumbsup:

Sure, sign me up. And I can help you maintain the server if you need help  :)

I'm okej with the vanilla Minecraft . 

I can also create a cratbukkit server only with permission and restrictions and no mods if we need that. 

Thanks for the offer, but I was hoping to have one moderator in largely separated time zones (e.g. GMT, GMT-6, GMT+6), to increase chances of one being online :) However seeing as I may not be so active myself I'll let you know if I need the help.

I'll also let you know if craftbukkit should be installed, I'm glad someone has the knowledge to do it!

I do recommend whitelisting, because even on the earlier days of this site I've seen some poor results from non-whitelists (like greifing and thieves for one instance).

I suppose I haven't said if I'm interested or not yet. Lets just say I'm semi interested.

Btw, if you need any assistance I'm here to help, I've privately hosted a few times myself.

I'll definitely be whitelisting it. This is for RRU members only, after all. Thanks for the offer too, the same thing applies with OREST above :) If you don't mind me asking, what time zone are you in?

EDIT: Okay, I'll start setting up the server later, seeing as there are already nine people interested.

• EXRicky thanked this

EXRicky

I'm sorry that's the case for you, but as this server is for RRU members only I think you should give it a try. Judging by the current people signing up I'm sure you'll really enjoy it, and I see no reason for any major conflicts to occur. :thumbsup:

It should be fine then, so I'll give it a try.

Due to my interest in building on top of mountains conflicting with how mountains now get snow, (which is a feature I'm not fond of, cuz I don't like cold climates very much) don't be surprised if you see a floating glass platform or dome over any mountain I build on, cuz I'd build such over it to prevent snowfall.

Xiron

what time zone are you in?

UTC/GMT -8