Need help installing Lego Racers!

FlashySnakez

Ok, here's my problem. My lego racers won't install.

Alternate install didn't work for me, it says it can't extract data1.cab

"Alternate install" referring to the one I have published? Hmmm...

Let's take the easy root first. Can you take a screenshot of the files on the root of your disc and the error message you are getting and post it here? This could either be a bug in my installer or a different disc with a different folder structure.

You can also try the manual installation mode as outlined in the >Support F.A.Q, but we'll fall back to that as a last resort. ;)

EDIT: You could also try the original installer and see if it works, but I usually do not recommend that.

I cannot easily diagnose the problem without some visuals or a detailed error message, so please try to get them. :)

In mean time, try this: is there a file called data1.cab on the root of your disc?

Yes!

One word posts are considered spam on their own, but you aren't really providing us with much information in this entire topic. Not sure how you expect us to actually help you if you don't tell us what's going on.

OK now... This is interesting. Data.cab is the first thing it pulls off the disc. I have never received that error before, so this is a new one. Can you also take a picture of the root of your disc? I have a feeling there could be a change in the file name case (though I doubt it, Windows is case-insensitive) or disc layout (which does not appear to be an issue since the path displayed goes to Program Files). Still, that would help out. Also, is that Windows 8.1 you are running?

I'm stumped. That is a new error, again one I have never seen. I see you have UniExtract, I recommend extracting data1.cab with it and making your own shortcut. The game does not have any registry strings, so it completely works.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.