Cyrem

ok so all i have to do is put the command -horzres (res) and the -vertres (res) and it will work fine. Thanks. But if i put in a resolution that is not a common

resolution will it lock up? Because if it does then that might be what has been happening. Or it might be that i am not running it in 16 bit mode. Does it have

to be in that mode for it to run those commands? :?: :axle:

No, it shouldn't lock up if the game is in a weird resolution. I run it in weird resolutions sometimes and it runs fine. As I said, your computer may not support the game running at higher resolutions. I get that message every time I run LR1 on my flash drive in a high res. When you run a game in a different resolution other than it's native, never run it bigger than the highest resolution your screen supports. The screen cannot show it all, and it (the game) may crash.

No, you do not need to have 16 bit color enabled to run in a custom resolution. They only need for that is run it in windowed mode.

Yes, that's all you have to do. Here's a picture for easier reference:

Spoiler

j0zcco.pngkey8a48efb172ba7402bd6cbf98fbf

Just replace the numbers with the resolution you want the game to run it. And remember that the menu will be shoved into the top left-hand corner when in something higher that 640x480 (The game's native resolution). Again, origamiguy's pic to show:

Spoiler

2011_09_08_17_21_35.png

^That screenshot is a little misleading. The minifig will be in the box as well. Rocket Racer is only like that because origamiguy was modding when that was taken. [moderator note: above image is dead]

Edited by Slimy Slug
  • Like 1

ok thanks for the info. I have another question. :whistle: Will lego racers 1 run on Wndows vista? :gasp: If it doesn't can i run it in compadability mode and then it will work? :?:

The 2001 version will run on Vista and 7 without any compatibility. But you may get some error related to the videos. This can be fixed by reading the FAQ.

As for the 1999 version, I do not know (I have a 2001 version, remember?). Someone who has a 1999 copy will have to answer that one.

good point! :ilaser: I'll try it with the 1999 version and then i'll tell you if it works! Thx! :af:

I tried it out on windows vista (because i have windows vista 8S ) and it works great. :lol: I also have windows xp and the 1999 version dosn't need compadability mode on this windows version. :smug: However you do need to set compadability mode on the windows vista version. All you have to do is put windows 95/98 compadability on and it will work. The only problem that i have seen is that the LEGO movie that shows the falling legos dosn't work. :/ But the strange thing is that all of the other videos work. :o I figured out why it wouldn't run a better solution on my windows xp. It's because the graphics card on my old computer can't handle the higher resolutions for this game. The weird thing is that all of my other games run with high resolutions without a problem, must be the game.Yep, so everything works on the 1999 version for windows vista. I haven't tested it on windows 7 though. :P But the compadability mode settings should be the same. Just set it on windows 95/98 and it will work great. Have fun with Lego Racers 1 when you get it! :love:

Edit: i found one more error. Whenever you want to change your controlls in the options menu it locks up. I don't know how to solve this, but my solution was to put it on a system that works (like the windows xp) and i set the controls there. Then i copied the save game over to the other directory on the new computer. That way you can play the game with your custom controls. This is only on windows vista though, It might work on the windows 7. GOOD LUCK! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Modded Lego

How do you find EXE parameters in a Exe file? I would like to do this with one of my other games but do not know the parameters. :wimp:

How do you find EXE parameters in a Exe file? I would like to do this with one of my other games but do not know the parameters. :wimp:

You have to acquire a Hex Editor and search through all the strings. Eventually you'll find a big list of similar key words that will be more or less like "-windowed" or "+windowed".

Don't look for "windowed", though, as all games have different parameters, and most won't have a "windowed" parameter.

• Like 1

In the case of Lego Racers, passing an invalid parameter causes the game to display a list of the valid parameters. Sadly, most games will just ignore invalid parameters.

Modded Lego

Yeah i noticed that lego racers 1 shows the parameters. I wish that all the games showed their EXE parameters when you put in the invalid parameters. :'(

• 11 months later...

If I set it to full hd, like le717's screenshot, It become very small and the biggest part of my screen is just black. Hope you understand what I mean. How to fix this?

Modded Lego

Welcome to Rock Raiders United!  :lol:

This is normal because the in-game menu's and cutscenes were never programmed to run at high resolutions. To fix this download Origami's Launcher to fix the main menu and the cutscenes.

Link: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/4354-lr1-launcher/

Here is a HD Texture Project for lego racers, only the test track is avaliable though! Hopefully it will be fixed in time. Enjoy! ;)

Link: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/4121-lego-racers-hd-mod-project-wip/

• 5 months later...

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but where do you change the resolution of the game?

I think this post will solve your issue, but the gist of it is

LEGORacers.exe -horzres [Horizontal resolution] -vertres [Vertical resolution]

On 8/17/2013 at 7:52 AM, kapitein knoest said:

s31qpj.pngkey45043013c2eda07460cf7c0afe9

Sorry I have no English. But where can I do it?

You need to get onto the 'Shortcut' (in English) panel, and type the parameters at the end of the 'Target' box.

And how do I create that option?

Sorry, I didn't realize you were on the properties of the actual .exe file. You need to create a shortcut for the executable (if you don't have one already), then go onto the properties of the shortcut, and under the 'Shortcut' panel, type the parameters in the 'Target' box.

kapitein knoest

and how do I make thát?

And how do I create that option?

the properties of the actual .exe file. You need to create a shortcut for the executable (if you don't have one already), 

And how do I create thát?

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Right click on LEGORacers.exe, and click "Create Shortcut" (Snelkoppeling maken, according to Google Translate, I may be wrong though). Then go to the shortcut's properties and add the parameters to the Target (Doel) box.

• lol username unpinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.