-window Run in Windowed Mode (16bit)

-primary Force use of primary display device

-select3d Allows 3D device selection

-alphatrans Force use of alpha transparency

-horzres [res] Set desired Horizontal resolution

-vertres [res] Set desired Vertical resolution

[/table]

lol username

So, what do I do with these? Add them to the shortcut?

EDIT: I can't get this to work. Just where do I add them?

So, what do I do with these? Add them to the shortcut?

Add them to the end of the shortcut after the closing quote, yes.

• 1 year later...

The -window one doesn't work.

Are you using it correctly? These would have extracted directly out of Racers.exe (or whatever it's called), so I'm sure they are all working perfectly.

"correctly"? How hard is it to simply add -window just like any other command?

Just making sure. The last person I helped didn't know how to make a forum post...his name was "ericmg123", and he made 2 one words posts, one of which got locked. Ain't seen his face ever again...

lol username

I can't get the -window param to work either, with or without the -horzres [res] and -vertres [res].

Windowed mode works for me once I change from 32 bit graphics to 16 bit via the control panel (I have to do the same thing to get Rock Raiders to run in windowed mode). I also got the resolution things to work a while back, but I can't remember what I had to do.

Fluffy Cupcake

I also got the resolution things to work a while back, but I can't remember what I had to do.

You have to put the number of where the res is (I don't know why Cyrem put [res] when it was just simply res in the .exe)

I also got the resolution things to work a while back, but I can't remember what I had to do.

You have to put the number of where the res is (I don't know why Cyrem put [res] when it was just simply res in the .exe)

Because, he's indicating you write an integer value in there...res is a variable/placeholder.

You know guys, it says 16Bit right there in the table, did any of you even notice?

We aren't talking about that particular command?

• 5 months later...

Do you guys know how to make the game use your hardware graphics card option? I tried the -select3d command

but it is locked on the primary device driver. :rf: When i try to change the resolution of the game to something over 640 by 480

it crashes and says that the video device is out of memory. :'( That's why i am trying to change lego racers driver settings.

Anyone that could shed me some light on the subject would be most helpful. Thanks! :B

@Modded Lego: LR1 is already using hardware mode. This was determined in this thread, and what you're describing is exactly what the topic post says.

As for the out of video memory, I only get that when I bump up the resolution when it's on my flash drive. Are you by any chance on a netbook so something like that? Those Atom CPUs and what-they-call-a-GPU will give you that message for sure.

• Like 1

Oh ok so the program is hardware mode by default? WELL...THAT'S DUMB! xD

Ok well at least it's in hardware acceleration mode, thanks for the reply. :lol:

and about the netbook, no i am running it from my C drive inside the computer. I am using the -horzres (put res here) and -vertres (put res here) commands from the shortcut to make the graphics better. I would like to have the graphics at least to 1440 by 990 resolution.

The only reason the game is already in hardware mode is because it's 2012. In 1999, there were graphics cards that did not fully support LR. Using the -select3d command was to force the game to use hardware mode. But since it's 2012, all graphics cards fully support LR, so the switch is has changed roles, namely, to force the game to use software mode.

Some games don't support weird resolutions, like the one you're listing. Try 1024x768 first. If it doesn't work, it's possible that you're not entering the codes correctly. To make sure you are, try entering 800x600.

Second

you mean enter it like this: horzres (800x600) or like this: -horzres 800 -vertres 600?

Second one. "-horzres 800 -vertres 600"

Mr. Eight-Three-One

The game changes resolutions fine for me.

Just to let you know, the game was not optimized to run in higher resolutions. If you go anything above 640 x 480, the menus get nudged into the corner and a lot of text becomes unreadably small.

@Mr. Eight-Three-One The game wasn't optimized to run at high-res, but it can. The races work perfectly actually (http://youtu.be/mzo08fFm28I), but it's the menus as you said that have problems. But that can be fixed by editing a .MIB file (which as of last update, origamiguy had only one sucessful loading file). http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3770169/screens/2011_09_08_17_21_35.png <origamiguy's pic [moderator note: image is dead]

Edited by Slimy Slug

• lol username unpinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.