Small CSS fix for site navigation bar

Meiko

I noticed that the "site navigation bar" as I'll call it, or simply where the "Forum", "Members", "Blogs", "Gallery", "Awards" and "Wiki" links are on that grey bar, the wiki link doesn't display inside the bar when it is supposed to. To fix this, all there needs to be is a small addition of this CSS code:

#community_app_menu {
    white-space: nowrap;
}

Hope that's useful.

Edit: I'm on Google Chrome Version 30.0.1599.101 Ubuntu 13.10 (30.0.1599.101-0ubuntu2)

I just tested that little snippet myself, and it had no effect on the "Nav bar" (as I call it). Can you take a picture of what you are referring to? I'm using Firefox 24.0, Windows 8.1 Core x64.

rrunav11.png

So this is only affecting Chrome users? I use Firefox and tested RRU in Internet Explorer as well, and it looks fine to me in both. Regardless, I'll pass this along.

It does seem to be a Chrome issue. I do not think it would do any harm adding it in the global CSS (rather than making it Chrome only), since it had no effect on other browsers.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

It's not a Chrome issue, that much I know. I'm currently using Safari and it appears to have the wiki button hovering below the navigation bar for me.

It's not a Chrome issue, that much I know. I'm currently using Safari and it appears to have the wiki button hovering below the navigation bar for me.

Well, yes and no. Chome and Safari both use a WebKit based engine (Firefox uses Gecko and IE Trident), and with this report, it seems to be a WebKit issue rather than a Chrome only issue. I've been writing a website as an experiment, and I have been dealing with the differences in rendering engines.

JrMasterModelBuilder

That makes this a WebKit issue (a statement which I have been beaten to). I can confirm that it is only happening in WebKit based browser, Chrome and Safari. It appears to be caused because the last li element in the list of buttons doesn't have the left class. Adding the left class to the last li item or adding "float: left;" to the ".ipsList_inline>li:last-child" rule would be a better way of fixing the problem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.