1. 1. What do you want to see more of?

• World Rexturing
    • Character Skins
    • Changed Music/Sfx Pack
    • Modding that contains changes in the WRL
    • WRL Research
    • Other (Comment)

Fluffy Cupcake

Here are mods I am currently working on. Bunch of spoilers cause lots of big (not SUPER large...) images.

Devastated Island (Dino Island Retexture)

Spoiler

Time of day #1
DI1_zps606d5e45.png
Yes the water is now fog.

Time of day #2
DI2_zps9c1c11f3.png

Download.

LEGO Racers Font

Download Font (goes in FONTS folder)

Speechless Sparky:

Spoiler

Download: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/56

Hudless Arrowless

Spoiler

Download: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/55

Alternate Lazer Fence (Pit) Colours
http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/54

Alternate Sparky Colours

Alternate Slizer Disc Colours

Unique Music Everywhere

Sounds+

Relocation Mod

My Player Character Roster

WIP
Additional Bricks Colors:

Spoiler

AdditionalBricks_zpsf9ffe886.png

Repositioned Hud

Spoiler

0w3h.png
Also maybe retextured Sandy Bay... if anyone is interested in a similarish look to the original, but not, at the same time.

This is excellent, keep up the good work! I agree with everyone else, Dino Island looks pretty amazing. My only suggestion: the waterfall would look pretty neat if it was changed to lava. But that's probably not to everyone's liking, so meh.

How did you get those camera shots for the Dino Island mod?

Fluffy Cupcake

Cool I like the new HUD and the Devistated Island Pictures, Nice Job! :af:

:D

The Dino Island's brilliant. I like the retextured Sandy Bay too, reminds me very much of LR1.

I may just consider doing a release of it now. ;)

Me like new HUD. The green arrow may be removed too, though not being part of the HUD itself.

Yeah, I do that sometimes (by replacing the arrow model with an invisible one.. or something like that)

This is excellent, keep up the good work! I agree with everyone else, Dino Island looks pretty amazing. My only suggestion: the waterfall would look pretty neat if it was changed to lava. But that's probably not to everyone's liking, so meh.

How did you get those camera shots for the Dino Island mod?

My original plan WAS to make it a lava fall, but unfortunately one thing stopped me, Dino Island and Sandy Bay share their water. If I could figure out which file is the model for the world, I MAY be able to change that, because I can with the rest of the .md2 models.

------

My Cheat Engine File.

A combo of the "Game Paused" and the "Camera Location & Rotation" cheats. The "Game Paused" cheat is to have the game paused without the menu being there + no darkened screen, because while the game is running the camera tries to go back to the car's position. (Also, I have hotkeys binded to camera movement, so I don't have to manually enter values.)

I've been thinking of doing a LR2 Modding Essentials version of my CE file recently.

Well, everyone seems to really like the devastated island. It has been mentioned in almost every post.

Fluffy Cupcake

Good news for my Devastated Island texture! I found a way to make it not use the same material as Sandy Bay's water via WRL editing!

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded the font and I will try it out as it's looking good, but you know RRU has a file uploader, right? It might be nice to host them here in case the other links go down.

Fluffy Cupcake

I did consider the uploader, but wasn't sure if I should yet or not. I think I will upload it there when I have the final version. Completed sheet. Now on RRU!
Pus I still have files that are at least 4 years old that are still up, so I wouldn't be to worried. ;)

P.S. If anyone can help me figure out how to save it in 8 bbp format (like greyscale) without getting the black background, that would be nice, so I don't have to use transparency and the file size can be smaller.

Fluffy Cupcake

Repositioned Hud

-snip-

I liked the HUD in one of your videos better. I'll have to find it again.

EDIT:

-snip-

What part of it? The position of the upgrades, MPH, or brick boost, etc? Also in the current, I will definitely do something about the weapon icon, either moving or shrinking it.

• 2 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

An update for Devastated Island has come, and a download is now also available, as well as video showing it off!

Please report any problems: Ex. Game crashes when loading world.

P.S. No, I won't upload it to RRU uploader until I'm sure I won't be updating it for a while, so don't bug me about it.

• Like 3

Oh wow, I love that camera angle viewing the whole island model. Now I want to view the other worlds with that angle too. And good job polluting and dumping toxic waste on that island, it certainly helped.

Fluffy Cupcake

I almost considered doing a green (polluted) river instead of lava.

Also, I just fixed an illogical bug with Devastated Island (which evidently no one tried it yet if it is unreported). If the file GAME DATACOMMONSKYBOXDEFAULT SKY BOX_RT.MIP is unedited, the game crashes. Even just taking the original file, resaving it, and then replacing (which is what I did) fixes the problem. If someone can explain what is happening here (because I have no idea), that would be nice.

Hey, Xiron, can I be a beta tester for the Repositioned Golden Bricks and Bonus Vortexes mod?

By the way, the Speechless Sparky mod download doesn't work. To me, at least.

Fluffy Cupcake

Hey, Xiron, can I be a beta tester for the Repositioned Golden Bricks and Bonus Vortexes mod?

By the way, the Speechless Sparky mod download doesn't work. To me, at least.

Done and fixed.

Not yet, but only because terrain and moddel modding is not yet possible.

I didn't mean making new maps, just repositioning the checkpoints. You already changed the golden brick position and stuff, changing checkpoints shouldn't be much harder.

Fluffy Cupcake

Uh, yes it is actually; first there is a whole bunch of AI points which I stil l haven't figured out am looking into, and then there is >mulitple things to change in the checkpoint. Those being:

1. Visual Position
  2. 4 points for the Pass Thru point, one for each coner (making a quad). This is what you have to pass through for checkpoint to register.
  3. Where the guide arrow points

For objects, it is just a simple one location move.

And then I also have the pits to move, and weapon pickups, and then also deciding what additional objects/obstacles to add to make the track more interesting.

So yeah, a lot of work for custom route.

Ok, so I think you are waiting for a tool to edit that file more easily. You could at least try making one test.

The quote function is messed up, is it?

• 3 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Addition Brick Colors mod almost ready, but first, a few questions due to their being brick a limit (444) and most of it is used by default. Are there any specific colors you would like to see of any existing brick or chassis? Any I should remove? Should Purple and Pink be included? And most importantly, who ate the fries?

The current existing features are:

+Orange and green that pre-existed now have all generic sqaure and slope sizes, not just a few.

+Purple & Brown squares (eg. 2x4) and slopes

+A few new chassis colors and random misc bricks.

-a few unpopular chassises

Jsyk, one color takes up 18 slots if all slopes and squares/rectagles are included. If any other new colors were to be included, I think for sure gray+darkgray and pink would be on the list. I may not include some new uncommonly used slopes to make room for these sqaures colors.

And one more thing. See what this mod has done to the pre-existing vehicles? Well once I release this mod I'll need you to send me in your own designs with this pack so I can replace them with fresh new designs! How do you do this you ask? Easy. Make a vehicle in the in game creator, save your game when done, and send me your save file! I'll do the rest of the work. Perhaps I'll make this a competition... maybe. So stick around!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.