AaronBurner05

IXS and Soccer Mania Developer Found!

32 posts in this topic

The "unnamed" guy you asked about is Barry Baloney. He was in some other stuff, like the videos for the Rocket Racers attraction at LEGOLAND Windsor (vaguely related - there was also another character in those videos, Freddie/Freddy Sherbert, who wore a yellow/grey racing outfit, had this head, and drove a yellow version of Brad Speedo's car from Stunt Rally. I don't remember exactly what his outfit looked like, but I wanna say it was a yellow helmet and grey torso, maybe...?).

1 person likes this

I will probably move his response over to a new topic so it doesn't get lost in here. Hopefully these were reasonable questions...

No no, keep it here, this topic isn't large, you can even edit the first post of this topic as it belongs to you and link to the post from there.

1 person likes this

The "unnamed" guy you asked about is Barry Baloney. He was in some other stuff, like the videos for the Rocket Racers attraction at LEGOLAND Windsor (vaguely related - there was also another character in those videos, Freddie/Freddy Sherbert, who wore a yellow/grey racing outfit, had this head, and drove a yellow version of Brad Speedo's car from Stunt Rally. I don't remember exactly what his outfit looked like, but I wanna say it was a yellow helmet and grey torso, maybe...?).

Hmm... that's funny because I actually feel like I've heard the name before, but I never knew it was linked to whom I asked about! By any chance, do you know if he appeared in a LEGO Magazine series? I might have read something that mentioned this a long time ago, but I couldn't find him in any of the North American magazines I own. Perhaps Barry was in a UK edition?

1 person likes this

Hmm... that's funny because I actually feel like I've heard the name before, but I never knew it was linked to whom I asked about! By any chance, do you know if he appeared in a LEGO Magazine series? I might have read something that mentioned this a long time ago, but I couldn't find him in any of the North American magazines I own. Perhaps Barry was in a UK edition?

possibly in Adventures!, that was a Lego Media thing. Unfortunately we don't have many issues documented (help us Will, you are our only hope)

2 people like this

Any responses?

Any responses?

I'm afraid not yet; this will likely take a bit of time.

Pro tip: When contacting someone who worked on a game a long time ago, don't expect quick responses, at least not quality if it does manage to be quick.

-Experience

2 people like this