Photo

Raiders Untitled

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

tmo7452

Will RU be OpenSource? I'm C++ developer and interested in this project. What's about a Github repo for RU?

Most likely. Right now I'd like to keep it closed, and Sparky and I are doing pretty well just the two of us. I plan to open source it once it's up to the level of the original LRR.

As for progress, mostly finished tasking system, raiders can self-task. Implemented "zones" so raiders won't get confused attempting tasks e.g. on the other side of a river, very reliable. Sparky got height mapping mostly implemented. The next thing needed to continue is an interface, it's a pain to write from scratch. I had to stop working on RU around October, but I'm going to pick it back up this summer.

• Sharkly, le717, alan and 1 other thanked this

le717

As for progress, mostly finished tasking system, raiders can self-task. Implemented "zones" so raiders won't get confused attempting tasks e.g. on the other side of a river, very reliable. Sparky got height mapping mostly implemented. The next thing needed to continue is an interface, it's a pain to write from scratch. I had to stop working on RU around Sept, but I'm going to pick it back up this summer.

Although I have no commented on RU before, I was following the discussion, and I must say, this is great news! Keep up the good work!

I plan to open source it once it's up to the level of the original LRR.

Can you define "the level of the original LRR"? There are a few cave depths levels you could dig reach for in LRR.

• aidenpons thanked this

Sharkly

tmo7452! It's good to hear from you, it's been some time. I'm pumped to get back to work on RU. :D

Can you define "the level of the original LRR"? There are a few cave depths levels you could dig reach for in LRR.

He means LRR's level of functionality. We're really not too far off, believe it or not.

• le717 thanked this

tmo7452

He means LRR's level of functionality. We're really not too far off, believe it or not.

Interface, vehicles, monsters, sounds, models,  and *shudder* animations x_x. Once bug-checked, that will probably be the 1.0 release. Then on to events/triggers, multiplayer, campaigns, new stuff, whatever.

ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) y u change your name anyway?

• le717 thanked this

yo dude

So how is the project going? I'm really interested in seeing how this turns out :P

actinidia

actinidia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Are you still developing this? Is it possible to test it?

I would love to help! I'm not a programmer, but I'm good at 3D and design.

If you still need an interface design, of if you need high quality rock raiders or updated versions of the vehicles and buildings, I would be glad to help :)

pepijndevos

pepijndevos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Please don't tell me the game was never finished or open sourced.

I've been thinking about doing a modern edition of the game.

I was planning to use Unity 3D with a Light Wave plugin to load the original models.

One thing that I think would be cool in the AI is to make Rock Raiders get in and out of  vehicles by themselves.

So that way they could drive somewhere, drill a wall, pick up ore, drive back.

This would make lava/water maps so much better.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,944 posts

Please don't tell me the game was never finished or open sourced.
I've been thinking about doing a modern edition of the game.
I was planning to use Unity 3D with a Light Wave plugin to load the original models.

One thing that I think would be cool in the AI is to make Rock Raiders get in and out of  vehicles by themselves.
So that way they could drive somewhere, drill a wall, pick up ore, drive back.
This would make lava/water maps so much better.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like there has been an update to it in over a year, and no he didn't open source it, so we can't continue his work.