alan

Large Teleport Pad

v1.1

This building is supposed to be a little bit more like a teleportation and landing station. I was thinking of the PS1 Super Teleporter (thanks to the gameplay videos of Lair) because it also has a real teleportation field instead of pure grey power paths like in the PC version. This Large Teleport Pad is normally used to teleport and maintain large aircrafts in the caves but it can also teleport down smaller vehicles and land vehicles. The Docks-like entrance ensures a safe boarding for the aircraft.

I updated the building: I added some railing on the second floor of the Docks building. Docs can now shoot at Rock Monsters from there, I gave him a laser beam and a pusher standing on the ground. Additionally as TheDoctor said this large Teleport Pad needs some more teleportation power, so I gave it the teleporting props from the LMS explorer as TheDoctor has proposed. Its energy will be conducted through the thick grey platforms to the center of the teleportation field. Thanks for these suggestions, guys. Now enjoy the updates (I even included the saws for the Tunnel Scout now!).

Pictures:

Have a look at this gallery

P.S. As you may have noticed, I have forgotten the saws for the Tunnel Scout when taking the screenshots. fixed in the new screenshots

Edited by Slimy Slug
Fixed link

I really like the design, and it definitely has more of an hanger/landing pad feel than a vehicle shop/motor pool like the Super Teleport in game.  Nice work.  Only other comment would be that the back of "control station" (on the second level) should have something solid or a railing.  It feels a bit too open right now.

Not bad. There aren't many things to designate that this is a teleport pad though. It looks more like an open garage. If you put a teleport system (like on the LMS) in somewhere it would take to its role better.

Not bad. There aren't many things to designate that this is a teleport pad though. It looks more like an open garage. If you put a teleport system (like on the LMS) in somewhere it would take to its role better.

Do you think of the teleport system right at the end of the intro video?

Forget that, I just mounted it.

Updated pictures can be found in the first post! I hope it is better now, thanks for your suggestions!

• 1 year later...

Hi Alan,

would we be able to use your large teleport pad as a possible new building in Rock Raiders 2?, would you be OK with that? I would want to post it on our site and get feedback, and we would have to change a final 3D version to be a little different to LEGO TM pieces, but basically quite similar. It looks great and with some of the new vehicles being larger, I think we will be needing a larger teleport pad.

Of course, I'd love to see it, when other people like it as well.  :D

If you want, I can upload the lxf file so you can have a look at the building in detail.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.