Welcome Guest!

Did you know you that by registering, you can gain access to new special powers? You’ll be able to reply to Topics, create your own Topics, talk in our Chatbox, message members, manage your profile, access extra content and much more! Best of all, this message & ads will vanish!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aparkee

Early/Unused Vehicle Textures?

7 posts in this topic

So I ripped some more textures in Please login or register to see this link. , you may have seen these textures in the dump:

pizza_van_1.png

police_car_1.png

Like me, you probably were sure that these were for vehicles that appeared in Freeway Frenzy and Motorbike Mayhem. However, I didn't even go to Motorbike Mayhem while I was ripping textures today. Not only that, but I found recolors of the same textures:

Pizza Van:

Please login or register to see this link.

Police Car:

These recolors aren't very good, and I can tell that Silicon Dreams just messed with the hue to make the colors different. But still, why would silicon dreams make recolors for these vehicles if they aren't even on the main island? My best guess is that these were for vehicles that were taken out of the final game (In the EDITOR folder, I think there was actually a pizza truck file that doesn't work). Also, I found these textures:

tex_2267.pngtex_2268.png

tex_2289.pngtex_2290.png

The ones with bricksterbots are from the puzzle fit minigame, but I have no idea where the other two came from. I did get in and out of both trouble in store minigames real quick just to get some textures from them, so they could have been from either of those. Later, I might create a topic and upload all the textures I've ripped. I'm not entirely sure if I should though because a lot of the textures I got so far aren't anything that the other dump missed aside from some other facial expressions from characters and bodies from ripcord rescue passengers.

It loads textures prior to the minigames into the ram. Don't ask me why, but it does and the ripper detects and rips them.

Farmer looks like he could have appeared in one of those Motorbike Mayhem clips (or the last Freeway Frenzy).

I repeat, at no point were these drivable. They are low poly fodder.

BUMP

Now that we can decompress files with QuickBMS (Thanks Xiron!), I found out that the vehicle textures are also used for the Police Buggy. I used to assume that the TEXT.TXT files in Z##XXX folders were simply for cutscene subtitles, but it turns out that they list .tga textures and their directories. They all start in a U:/LI3Data which we have yet to find a way into.

You'll never find it, that more than likely sounds like a reference to the development directory whereas files were still yet to be converted and the game still to be compiled. The cd/cdc (or one folder up) is our LI3Data folder.

1 person likes this

You'll never find it, that more than likely sounds like a reference to the development directory whereas files were still yet to be converted and the game still to be compiled. The cd/cdc (or one folder up) is our LI3Data folder.

I was going to guess that the raw files were stored inside some massive oddball format with similar subdirectories (much like LEGO.JAM or GAMEDATA.GTC), but this is most likely correct. There isn't a unique file large enough to possibly contain all of the data anyway.