LEGO Magazines!

emily

I have loads of Adventures magazines stashed away, if there's any missing from the ones you have I could see if I have them. I doodled a bit in a few of them when I was younger and some of them have fallen apart but most of them are ok.

That would be great! Unfortunately, I do not have anything with which I could repay you at the moment, so we would have to put it off any potential transaction to a later date. How much did you want for what you have, minus the issues in this image plus issue 15?

EDIT: Speaking of issue 15, I have now added it to the first post.

Yay, another issue!

Does anyone know if the use of the name Brickster is just a re-use of a great name or if it's supposed to be the same one? I would assume that it's the former.

Always love appearances of Cedric the Bull. I wish they would make more of those comics (the High Adventure, Deep Underground and Medieval Mischief and Mayhem type ones). Those were the best.

Hm, some of the knights in the first comic use head and torso textures that I don't remember existing as real pieces. Typically the comics stick to the real minifigures pretty closely, at least in basic design.

Issue 18 is up.

Cake Raider's life is pain.

I had noticed the Sparks cake in the Letters section and thought about commenting on it, but I couldn't really think of what to say, precisely. If I remember correctly, there was another Magazine that frequently accepted cake designs from children and featured them - I think it was Brick N' Pieces, but perhaps it is just my imagination playing an elaborate trick on me.

Yay, another issue!

Does anyone know if the use of the name Brickster is just a re-use of a great name or if it's supposed to be the same one? I would assume that it's the former.

Interesting question. I would assume that it is supposed to be the same character. I was going to justify my guess with the new Brickolini character that appears in issue 18, but then I realized you could use his appearance to argue either case for the nature of The Brickster in these comics.

Hm, some of the knights in the first comic use head and torso textures that I don't remember existing as real pieces. Typically the comics stick to the real minifigures pretty closely, at least in basic design.

It is rather odd, although it hadn't really occurred to me before how unusual it is - I was distracted by the fact that we had gotten generic Lions and Bulls at all. I noticed recently that the same design for the Lion soldiers is in the introductory cinematic for LEGO Creator: Knights' Kingdom, so perhaps the designs were originally made with the game in mind?

Odd. Once again Sparks is referred to as Axle in the last panel of the comic, despite that they got his name right earlier in the comic. Note that Axle himself is only in the background in this comic, making me belive that he was originally going to be more prominent, but they switched him for Sparks for whatever reason, and then only changes some of the dialogue. Or, it was just a genuine screwup. Who knows.

Sure a good thing Jet happened to have that convenient mirror on hand.

Good thing the laser didn't instantly melt the laser like it would actually if this were realistic.

I'd like to see a monster with a mining laser in game :D

And another member of the Brickolini family. Really, LEGO?

suddenly batman beyond

Issue 19 is posted. That finishes up the issues of Adventures! that hadn't been shared before. I'll move on to the sole new issue of Bricks n' Pieces next, then take on the task of translating the two issues of World Club Magazin. After that, I'll scan my copies of the Adventures!/Bricks n' Pieces issues already online.

Once I'm done with that, I think that I will move on to the US LEGO Magazine, or more specifically the first few years of it (2002 - 2005). Previously I hadn't undertaken the task of uploading them as it seemed as if more people had access to them than other magazines, and as a result making them available online would be relatively useless. I now feel that uploading them could potentially do at least some good, so why not?

Odd. Once again Sparks is referred to as Axle in the last panel of the comic, despite that they got his name right earlier in the comic. Note that Axle himself is only in the background in this comic, making me belive that he was originally going to be more prominent, but they switched him for Sparks for whatever reason, and then only changes some of the dialogue. Or, it was just a genuine screwup. Who knows.

Huh, I didn't notice that. I imagine that it is possible that the script used Axle, and whoever was creating the art for the panel confused the characters. Funny that nobody noticed the problem, though (especially since it occurred twice).

Sure a good thing Jet happened to have that convenient mirror on hand.

Good thing the laser didn't instantly melt the laser like it would actually if this were realistic.

Good thing Jet managed to deflect the laser at precisely the angle necessary to knock the Rock Monster off of its perch without damaging it or the HQ.

And another member of the Brickolini family. Really, LEGO?

You've made me curious - why is it you dislike the existence of another Brickolini?

• Like 2

Other issues have been shared before? Where can I find them? As for other magazines, I lost all of my old ones a while ago (or never had them?). I'm really grateful for all these uploads.

Other issues have been shared before? Where can I find them?

Maybe your already familiar with some or a lot of this, but to be exhaustive...

For Adventures!, there are apemax's photographs of various issues, mumbokings' scans of Issue 6, and my folder of translations of comics from the Russian version of the magazine(plus the original Russian versions). Miniland.nl has tons of stuff. I also uploaded almost all of the LEGO MANIA magazines, the link for that is in my signature.

Also, LEGO Post, Chinese World Club Magazine, SNAP, and Bricks n' Pieces on Brickset.

I didn't have the time to do so... but I did it anyway.

adventures_rock_raiders_models.png

Yes, there are some tubes sticking out of the Huge Dumper Truck, but that's because I couldn't seem to figure out where the other ends were supposed to go.  I'll probably improvise something eventually, but for now, I just wanted to present these otherwise-finished models.

• Like 1

Oh, awesome. Thanks. The only ones I knew about were the ones on BMP.

What do you mean by the "bulk of the stationary set"?

I think it may be easier to explain this photographically.

stationaryproblem.jpg

The stationery set (that I couldn't bear to remove from the cover of the magazine) held up the lid on the scanner when I was scanning the right side pages. The result was that light could find its way in and darken the scan.

I didn't have the time to do so... but I did it anyway.

[image]

Yes, there are some tubes sticking out of the Huge Dumper Truck, but that's because I couldn't seem to figure out where the other ends were supposed to go.  I'll probably improvise something eventually, but for now, I just wanted to present these otherwise-finished models.

Great, thanks! Considering that many of these were meant as inspirational designs and weren't intended to be built by anyone but the original designers, it is quite impressive that you only ran into a single error/impossibility.

These models seem to use a lot more yellow and a lot less teal than the official sets. I wonder it that was a move to make them more buildable for kids without anything from the Rock Raiders line.

(Not trying to be a jerk here, sorry if I come off that way).

Stationary means not moving.

Stationery is paper. A stationery kit is a kit with stuff for writing/drawing on paper.

(Not trying to be a jerk here, sorry if I come off that way).

Stationary means not moving.

Stationery is paper. A stationery kit is a kit with stuff for writing/drawing on paper.

I see, yes. I was actually trying to be funny by correcting my earlier mistakes and then posting as if I made no mistake with the :whistle: emoticon to acknowledge what had really happened, but I see that the joke didn't come across clearly. Sorry about that!

Heh, there's a capitalization mistake on the last panel of the first page of the soccer comic. Obviously, Police Chief Brick is to blame.

Heh, there's a capitalization mistake on the last panel of the first page of the soccer comic. Obviously, Police Chief Brick is to blame.

I think the Brickster is to blame. Oh wait I get the joke now.

You gotta love how Harry escapes with the power of FOOTBALL. I mean, he was able to kick a ball straight up with enough force to break a window while tied up on the floor, and somehow avoid getting a face full of broken glass. How the heck does that even work?

HOW?!

Also, it's always nice to see a little more about rocket racers. Oh, and major laffs at chief brick(ster)'s bio.

Cool! Thanks for posting these :)! My older brother used to have some of the Lego adventures magazines, but he got rid of most of them later in time. Fortunately, I still have a few of them along with some shop at home catalogs from 2002-2005 and mini catalogs from 90s sets.

If Lego's magazines were like this now, I would definitely have a subscription with them.

Also I found this cover to a shop at home catalog:

c02sah3a.jpg

The cover is pretty cool, but there are three problems:

1.  Pepper's skateboard is smaller than it should be
  2. If you look at the crowd in the background, you'll see the infomaniac. But the problem is that another infomaniac is flying the helicopter.

GALIDOR IS ON THE FRONT MOTHER-BRICKING COVER!!!!! (jk... Not really a "problem", I just don't like galidor)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.