Tamed Rock Monster

alan

On a request of le717 and because it sounded fun I made a Rock Monster, a

Tamed Rock Monster

Features:

- custom icons

- listed in the menu "small vehicles"

can clear rubble, with a suiting animation!

- first person/second person view camera works

- the stand animation of Rock Monsters were statue-like, so I used a different one. It was the best suiting animation I could find!

- driver invisible because there aren't any animations for a Rock Raider riding a rock monster

fixed a bug that you can see the inside of the head in first person view (see video for bug)

DOWNLOAD

Installation instructions:

Put the folder "DrivingMonster" into DataVehicles (DATA method) or into LegoRR0Vehicles (WAD method).

Add the lines as explained in the enclosed cfg file. You can find your own Lego.cfg either in Data (Data method) or in LegoRR1 (WAD method).

For WAD method users: Don't forget to recompile all the stuff (LegoRR0 and LegoRR1).

Here's a video:

- driver invisible because there aren't any animations for a Rock Raider riding a rock monster

And what was it I said about that?

So instead of us directly controlling a monster, we've brainwashed it to do the work for us?

Awww yea... this is going to be fun. :D

- driver invisible because there aren't any animations for a Rock Raider riding a rock monster

We could make some animations. We have the technology.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

At first I misread the title as Tanned Rock Monsters. This makes much more sense.

I definitely am going to try this as seson as I can get on my laptop...

We could make some animations. We have the technology.

But I don't have the programs and experience with these  ;P and

Brainwashed monsters

are really cool  :infomaniac:

video will come today. published!

*Sits back on chair.*

What can I say? This is AWESOME!!!

A couple of ideas - Now you don't need the Loader Dozer. I know I hated it anyways, but perhaps you could make the monster clear one layer at a time?

Is there a regurgitate animation? Then he could eat a crystal, go to the Power Station, and regurgitate it there?

but perhaps you could make the monster clear one layer at a time?

No, I tried this but this is (apparently) hard-coded. Only Mini-Figures and Creatures can clear one pile of rubble in 4 steps. vehicles can not.

Is there a regurgitate animation? Then he could eat a crystal, go to the Power Station, and regurgitate it there?

No, there is none. There is an animation of eating a crystal and spitting it out instantly but since I do not have any modeling programs I can not change these whole animations. I am limited to changing camera positions and editing non-moving object positions/rotations ... (such as buildings). It would be too exhausting editing animations step by step and see if it works.

Cirevam's right, but what's the fun in that? Brainwashed monsters sounds more appealing. :P

Yeah but we already have that.

If you get to remodeling this, remember that MOC idea on the Loader-Dozer box with the Raider sitting on the monster and holding a stick with an energy crystal?

Cirevam's right, but what's the fun in that? Brainwashed monsters sounds more appealing. :P

Yeah but we already have that.

If you get to remodeling this, remember that MOC idea on the Loader-Dozer box with the Raider sitting on the monster and holding a stick with an energy crystal?

Lol WHAT???

I WANT ONE!!!! :P

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Crystalyzer

I would love a version where the rock monsters are the big figs from the LRR sets. They would glide around, absorbing energy crystals here and there, and when they have to clear rubble they would stand still, spinning their right arm really, really fast (only moving piece they got).

On 3/23/2021 at 9:01 AM, Crystalyzer said:

I would love a version where the rock monsters are the big figs from the LRR sets. They would glide around, absorbing energy crystals here and there, and when they have to clear rubble they would stand still, spinning their right arm realy, realy fast (only moving piece they got).

It's possible,  you just need to change the .lws drill animation . (but me i dont know how to do that)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.