Rock Raiders generating crystals !?

alan

Tell us, and make it work with ore too, so we can put our Rock Raiders into mass unemployment.

what an amazing day: the forum has its 4000th member and alan discovered, that the mining operations on planet u were useless, because rock raider can generate their own crystals (=mass unemployment)

chief: good news: I need only five raiders to make profit from now on. the rest is fired

It's a PTL edit, I can tell. Something like CollectTool GenerateCrystal. It originally was CollectTool Goto, and the Raiders would go to get the tool, but replacing it with GenerateCrystal causes an Energy Crystal to spawn instead of the goto command leading them to the Tool Store to get a tool.

Either that or he's done some clever CFG editing, or maybe even EXE editing. Saying this because I don't know if it's only the Sonic Blaster that causes this or any of the tools.

[/magic ruined]

@Lair, Gee, thanks. I liked the magic trick better. Well, at least we know this mod is now documented! Would it work for both Crystals and Ore?

Oooo..., a Patchman mod could be made to automate the activation of this.

It should work for ore too as there is a PTL command to GenerateOre. Your raiders won't be able to collect tools in levels using a PTL with this change, unless it's only for Sonic Blasters like Lair mentioned.

You might be able to chain the commands with something like this for ultimate material collection:

CollectTool     GenerateOre
GenerateOreComplete GenerateCrystal

It's a PTL edit, I can tell. Something like CollectTool GenerateCrystal. It originally was CollectTool Goto, and the Raiders would go to get the tool, but replacing it with GenerateCrystal causes an Energy Crystal to spawn instead of the goto command leading them to the Tool Store to get a tool.

Either that or he's done some clever CFG editing, or maybe even EXE editing. Saying this because I don't know if it's only the Sonic Blaster that causes this or any of the tools.

[/magic ruined]

Yes, that is true. I just edited the .ptl-file because there's hardly any documentation about it on this foum. So I thought that I should show what this file can do if it is modded. And yes, it would have worked even if I had clicked on "Get Freezer" or "Hammer" but that would have ruined the magic as Lair said.

But maybe it is possible to modify it in a way so that only one tool / only one icon causes crystals to flood the tool store.

You can even make levels harder by doing this:

ClearComplete         Null

instead of Generate Ore. Then the rubble would be worthless rocks lying around and only ores in the Cryore.map would be useful...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.