• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anonymouse

• DeactivatedAccount

• TheEPICtrainrider

• Cirevam

LEGO ends every theme after a while, sometimes spiritually reviving it with a different version later. Rock Raiders ended, we have Power Miners now. Life on Mars ended, we have Mars Mission now. Space Polices 1 and 2 ended, we have Space Police 3 now. It's the circle of plastic.

TheEPICtrainrider

I bet you this topic will be in spammorz before we are done here.

You see, like all good products, there is a end. Something new comes along and the rest are shoved into the gutter and neglected until they become rare and 50 year olds like them because they want to relive their child hood.

EX.

Steam Locomotive vs. Diesel Electric

VHS vs. DVD's

Analog VS. Digital

Lionel trains vs. Slot cars

Now Bionicle is being ended for something newer, cheaper, and/or 'better'.

And by better, I don't mean better.

And you forgot 'yes' for the poll.

-.- Lego will do what they think is right for the company. I understand that you may not be happy with their decision but all you can do is sit back and read what Greg Farshtey posts on bioniclestory.com from now on. I myself have been a Bionicle collector since the beginning but I think it's time to leave was long ago. The story went from a group of heroes protecting an island to there suddenly being more than one Makuta, several different islands, secret organizations, etc. The sets were becoming extremely boring because each year they were just copies of the ones before. I think the whole things been doomed since 2006. I respect your oppinion and understand how angry you are but really there's nothing you can do.

go ahead, give this post a few minuses if you don't like what I'm saying but I live by this motto:

"Everyone's entitled to their own oppinion"

oh, and I would suggest adding 'yes' to the poll

You never know, maybe the LEGO designers will actually create a good replacement.

They may spend time on the backstory, trying to make it fit in with the old one, and maybe improve

The modern NXT units are cleaner, more powerful, and easier to use than the old Dacta system.

If you don't like legos decisions, petition them, I'm sure there is a few thousand other people who want Bionicle back, or send Lego an email explaining that you don't like what their doing, and what you think they can do to improve, e.g.: Make a proper backstory to fit in with the older product lines.

EDIT: Now that I have read Retsnom's statement in the Bionicle topic, I realize the likelyhood of them improving with their current ideas is extremely low.

I would suggest sending them a very large petition.

DeactivatedAccount

OMG, They annoused in 2008 thet Bionicle would end in 2011 - to finish the 10 year story.

Get over it! Its old news you Bionicle fanboys!

(To rub it in... Ben10 Alien Force is Replacing Bionicle in Action Figure Lego's)

Well, I'd say no to this poll, not because I still want it, but to make sure everyone starts wailing about it.

Add a "Yes": Polls are things about people's opinion, not to see how many people clicked their mouse button/pressed the trackpad button/tapped on their pen tablet.

Oh, and Lego Technic ends next year too

Where did you read that? It doesn't make sense for LEGO to discontinue a whole series of brick designs, especially since they're more compatible with standard bricks now than they were ten years ago (due to more bricks getting specialized Technic mounting points). That would kill off half of their Creator line, the entire Mindstorms/NXT line, and the large models of cars along with making things like cranes impossible to implement without making new bricks to handle the sliding and rotational parts. But if LEGO said somewhere that they're shutting down Technic, well, we can't really stop them.

Yeah... Getting rid of technic would be market suicide. They'd go completely out of producing complex, buy-and-put-together models. And they NEED that.

And I just don't like all the new custom parts that only come in one set - we don't want 1-minute models! We want new designs made of the global pieces!

DeactivatedAccount

Lego.com is stopping Lego Technic becuase they have new contracts with Disney, Prince of Persa, and Cartoon Network.

It was announsed summer 2009 that Lego Technic is ending. With 4 last (new) sets comming out next year before its cancelled in Summer.

And Bionicle will end in 2010. But veryone knew that back from 2008. Unfortnatly they started Glatorian. And now thats going to be a ***** to end Bionicle on.

Check out Brickwiki, or Lego.com for more infomation.

Lego.com is stopping Lego Technic becuase they have new contracts with Disney, Prince of Persa, and Cartoon Network.

I call BS. New contracts would not mean eliminating a HUGE portion of the Lego market. If anything, it would mean eliminating THEMES to prevent competition. For example, if one of these new themes were similar to Bionicle, signing the contract might mean they would have to stop producing Bionicle so that they can actually sell their theme.

It was announsed summer 2009 that Lego Technic is ending. With 4 last (new) sets comming out next year before its cancelled in Summer.

Check out Brickwiki, or Lego.com for more infomation.

Mind giving us a link to the official Lego announcement? I don't trust wikis for this kind of stuff. Also, I did check the Lego Technic site. Nowhere, not even in the designers' blog, did they mention anything about canceling Technic. In fact, they're still making and releasing new things and one of the entries even mentioned how they notice that people are really taking an interest in new Technic elements recently. So where are you hearing this rumour that Technic is leaving?

Edit: What how did I end up quoting myself. Ah well, fixed now.

Oh, and Lego Technic ends next year too

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I love technic (in a geeky sort of way)...u just need practice with it to get good with it...

Great news! Only Bionicle is ending Next year!

Technic is continuing!

When Dragon sees this, she'll 'tch slap you. :P

That's good to hear though. xD

ur making me wanna slap u too Niall...getting me all worked up and mad at Lego for nothing...*apologizes to Lego for murderous rant of profanity*

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.