JimbobJeffers' Campaign Mod

Jimbob

gallery_5738_265_125868.png

Welcome to JimbobJeffers’ Campaign Mod. This ‘mod’ is an overhaul of the original campaign in LEGO Stunt Rally, replacing all of the tracks with custom tracks of my own design. If you would like a greater challenge in the game, or just something different, then this mod is for you. All of the tracks in this mod were created with the in-game track creator, as – I assume – the creators did (or at least they used exactly the same parts and limitations as are available in the creator). Additionally, they follow the same development as the original campaign, using only parts available to the player, in addition to a new part that is unlocked after completing the track. Each level gets progressively harder and larger, and often requires the use of all arrow keys rather than standard pressing/releasing of the up arrow.

I have put a lot of time and effort into making this mod, and I very much hope you enjoy playing it. For maximum reward, backup and remove your current save game (if you have one), so that you can play the game from the beginning.*

Download

JimbobJeffers' Campaign Mod

Installation Instructions

- Backup the ‘CampaignTracks’ folder in your LEGO Stunt Rally install directory.

- Unzip the downloaded ‘JJ’s Campaign Mod’ file.

- Copy the .trk files inside and paste them into the ‘CampaignTracks’ folder, replacing the files it contains.

- Run LEGO Stunt Rally.

*I assume the save game can be modified, having a brief skim-read of >this topic, but if not a second installation of the game should work (and indeed would probably be better).

Your link didn't work directly because you added a backward slash in the file name. Here's the fixed link:

https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/misc/JJ%27s%20Campaign%20Mod.zip

Yes, this was an unexpected announcement. I may just play this, right after I play a vanilla game.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

My computer sadly has trouble running this game, so I can't play this until I get an older machine. I'll be anticipating it when I do though!

lol username

Oh cool! I considered doing a project like this sometime a few years ago, but only made two or three tracks, then moved on to other stuff. You can make multiplayer tracks and then play them in campaign mode in single player - it plays like a normal single player race but the map size and outside scenery is that of a multiplayer race. Unless you do it in the final stadium area, in which case the outside scenery is always replaced with the full stadium model, leading to this weird empty green plane of nothing between the track and stadium borders if it's a multiplayer track. I don't have Stunt Rally installed on this computer yet, but when I do install it I'll play through it with this mod in place.

Wow, this was unexpected. I'll have to try it!

Yes, this was an unexpected announcement. I may just play this, right after I play a vanilla game.

My computer sadly has trouble running this game, so I can't play this until I get an older machine. I'll be anticipating it when I do though!

I'll have to check this out, since I felt the urge to play Stunt Rally yesterday anyway.

I eagerly await all your feedback, if you get the chance to try it out! Also, thanks for the link fix, le717.

Oh cool! I considered doing a project like this sometime a few years ago, but only made two or three tracks, then moved on to other stuff. You can make multiplayer tracks and then play them in campaign mode in single player - it plays like a normal single player race but the map size and outside scenery is that of a multiplayer race. Unless you do it in the final stadium area, in which case the outside scenery is always replaced with the full stadium model, leading to this weird empty green plane of nothing between the track and stadium borders if it's a multiplayer track. I don't have Stunt Rally installed on this computer yet, but when I do install it I'll play through it with this mod in place.

I did see your post mentioning making a custom campaign, as I was preparing to post my own. It's certainly fun if you haven't any other immediate projects, but more time-consuming than I expected. I wasn't aware of multiplayer maps being possible to add in, that's quite nice, especially as they would be nice for the starter tracks in the City. As with the others, if you do get a chance to play my campaign, I'd love to hear your feedback.

Car CrazeXVI

Well, that was fun, (What's not fun about shooting out of a cannon, straight into another cannon?) however, fans in front of height blocks were rather annoying, and I'm so used to how easy the game normally is that my car was flying everywhere and got stuck on everything.

*I assume the save game can be modified, having a brief skim-read of >this topic

Just set Campaign_Progress to 0..

but if not a second installation of the game should work.

Or I could just restart Windows. That's the answer to everything.

Well, that was fun, (What's not fun about shooting out of a cannon, straight into another cannon?) however, fans in front of height blocks were rather annoying, and I'm so used to how easy the game normally is that my car got was flying everywhere and got stuck on everything.

Thank you for trying it out! I agree about the fans, I actually removed several of them from the tracks but I may remove more to improve it further. Perhaps that could make the AI harder too.

*I assume the save game can be modified, having a brief skim-read of this topic

Just set Campaign_Progress to 0..

Ah, well that's simple enough.

Fans. Cannons. Loop-de-loops. So many. Is this a phanta sea?

I've been playing your tracks, starting Saturday and picking back up this afternoon. I'm up to the Arctic boss, and I'm recording video of every track to upload.

intention. However, it was poorly executed in some areas. A few tracks I enjoyed, but others (mainly one of the Jungle tracks, I'll find out which one it is) was an absolute Knightmare-athon. When I reached the Arctic tracks, I felt like I was racing on a playground, it was crazy (and kinda fun). You main issues are the fans,

shooting out of a cannon, straight into another cannon

(that was a bit overkill), the loop-de-loops on a curve and incline, as well as some other things. Your intentions are good, I beat the vanilla game easy, so this is indeed a challenge, but it needs some refining before it is a real challenge. ;)

Oh, and I'll be posting the videos so everyone can enjoy the terror fun. ;P

Fans. Cannons. Loop-de-loops. So many. Is this a phanta sea?

I've been playing your tracks, starting Saturday and picking back up this afternoon. I'm up to the Arctic boss, and I'm recording video of every track to upload.

intention. However, it was poorly executed in some areas. A few tracks I enjoyed, but others (mainly one of the Jungle tracks, I'll find out which one it is) was an absolute Knightmare-athon. When I reached the Arctic tracks, I felt like I was racing on a playground, it was crazy (and kinda fun). You main issues are the fans,

shooting out of a cannon, straight into another cannon

(that was a bit overkill), the loop-de-loops on a curve and incline, as well as some other things. Your intentions are good, I beat the vanilla game easy, so this is indeed a challenge, but it needs some refining before it is a real challenge. ;)

Oh, and I'll be posting the videos so everyone can enjoy the terror fun. ;P

Thanks for the feedback, I did feel that the later tracks lost out by being more focused on the ride and less on the aesthetics, leading to more hectic layouts. When I next get back into the Stunt Rally mood I'll have a look at improving the tracks for a greater challenge, they could certainly have done with more testing than I gave them.

I can't wait to see the videos :D

Alright. I've begun uploading the videos. I'll try to get as many posted as I can. Even compressed, they are hovering around 150MB.

Playlist!

Remember, these are walkthroughs, so no voice will be heard.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to playing this. It was way more fun, and in some cases challenging, than the normal championship mode is. But those freaking fans. Those. Freaking. Fans.

• Like 2

Finally got around to playing this. It was way more fun, and in some cases challenging, than the normal championship mode is. But those freaking fans. Those. Freaking. Fans.

Very much agreed. The fans are insane.

I need to get back on my uploads of my walkthrough now.

• 6 months later...

All 1 hour and 15 minutes of my walkthrough have finally been uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl1U1hC8Q1Y

I can now delete 50+ GB of raw footage plus ~700MB from the last three compressed videos from my hard drive. Thank you, JimbobJeffers, for creating such a challenging mod. I hope you can take these videos and improve your mod for a possible future release. :)

• Like 2

Thanks le717, I had great fun watching you fail race my tracks!

Ah, I remember making Arctic Track #4, that was fun. And the final track with Mr. X, I think I filled every single tile with a race piece. I liked your little victory dance at the end. :P

• 7 years later...
nintenchris5963

If this game gets a remake either probably on Steam or on Nintendo Switch, the developers should use your tracks for the harder version of Campaign known as Championship: Hard Mode.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.