Interview with Wes Jenkins

lol username

lol username

[10:06:59 AM] Triangle717: Have you ever seen this site?

[10:07:00 AM] Triangle717: http://videogameflashback.com/legoisland/interview.php

[10:07:29 AM] Triangle717: Because if you or some one else had, we should have already known LI was at E3.

[10:07:50 AM] jamesster: Nope, when's it from?

[10:08:09 AM] Triangle717: I don't know.

[10:08:16 AM] Triangle717: Rio found it, and showed it to me.

[10:08:20 AM] jamesster: Looks good.

[10:08:23 AM] Triangle717: He says he has seen it plenty of times before.

[10:08:23 AM] jamesster: Reading now, thanks.

[10:08:31 AM] jamesster: Surprised it's gone unnoticed.

[10:08:32 AM] Triangle717: It has LI concept art on it.

[10:08:36 AM] Triangle717: I know!

[10:08:44 AM] Triangle717: I read the whole thing, it is really good.

[10:08:55 AM] jamesster: Seen the concept art before

[10:08:58 AM] jamesster: He sent me the file

[10:09:31 AM] Triangle717: I was going to make a topic om RRU, but I'd thought I'd ask you about it first. But if you want to, you could probobaly write a better one than me.

http://videogameflashback.com/legoisland/pictures.php

islandrough.jpg

The concept art itself isn't new, but we haven't had it in this level of quality before. Interview has some cool stuff too. :D

also maybe I could write a better topic but I don't wanna

Wow, that island looks actually better than the one released in some ways. Thanks for posting :)!

However, some of the buildings don't look that great.

lol username

I talk to Wes on Facebook everyday. So none of this is really new to me. :P

And you don't share any new info you might get?

Nope. Thought it was all stuff you guys already knew. But these pictures are new to me.

info.jpg

The IXS Brickster existed in 1997?

lol username

I don't think the minifig was around in 1997, the face is more based on LI2/IXS after all.

Know anything specific about the five canceled games? We know a little bit, but not a whole lot, a couple are complete mysteries with even the themes behind them unknown.

I don't think the minifig was around in 1997, the face is more based on LI2/IXS after all.

Know anything specific about the five canceled games? We know a little bit, but not a whole lot, a couple are complete mysteries with even the themes behind them unknown.

I think i've heard someone talk about those games. Didn't it have to do with "Adventures in the Phanta Sea" as well as some games based off of other themes at the time or something like that?

ProfessorBrickkeeper

Has anybody ever asked Wes to actually join RRU or does anybody know if he ever got anywhere with that Making of LI book he said he was thinking about writing at some point? He still seems to surprise us with all he knows and I think that we could certainly learn more if he was easier to reach...

lol username

I think i've heard someone talk about those games. Didn't it have to do with "Adventures in the Phanta Sea" as well as some games based off of other themes at the time or something like that?

http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/3388-cancelled-mindscape-games/

Has anybody ever asked Wes to actually join RRU or does anybody know if he ever got anywhere with that Making of LI book he said he was thinking about writing at some point? He still seems to surprise us with all he knows and I think that we could certainly learn more if he was easier to reach...

He posted on a fan site McStudz made.

I could ask him. I have him on facebook. We've talked quite a lot in the last year.

I don't think the minifig was around in 1997, the face is more based on LI2/IXS after all.Know anything specific about the five canceled games? We know a little bit, but not a whole lot, a couple are complete mysteries with even the themes behind them unknown.

The face is based on LI2's. You seem to be forgetting the IXS video game was made after the IXS theme was created. So LEGO based most of their minifig designs on LI2/1. Some IXS minifigs actually have LI2 eyes.

• 3 weeks later...
wesinfomaniac

And people are afraid of the NSA- sheesh..It's kinda cool that the Island lives on...Kind of honored...I'm actually writing a book now on THe Making of Lego Island...

• Like 3

And people are afraid of the NSA- sheesh..It's kinda cool that the Island lives on...Kind of honored...I'm actually writing a book now on THe Making of Lego Island...

How long have you been writing this book, and when will you finish it? I'd love to read it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I consider my self lucky enough to have found Wes' site (and, I believe, kick-starting a lot of this LI fandom) (Gee, what a humble kid I yam). At the age of about 12 or 13, I became obsessed w/ LEGO Island, and started googling people in the credits. Found his site, e-mailed, and linked on wikipedia.

lol username

I consider my self lucky enough to have found Wes' site (and, I believe, kick-starting a lot of this LI fandom) (Gee, what a humble kid I yam). At the age of about 12 or 13, I became obsessed w/ LEGO Island, and started googling people in the credits. Found his site, e-mailed, and linked on wikipedia.

Oh, so you're the fellow that posted that talk page message, eh? Got any more info on that video of the scrapped TV show you mentioned? I don't see it on the web archives of Wes's site, even from when the message was posted...

Oh; it used to be on his site. Well, a side-site that I don't think Wes has anymore, that was used to show off lots of videos and pics from his career. Wes said that he'd have to do some serious digging to find his complete copy. Basically, in the excerpt that I saw, the pirate captain from LEGO Island is on a LEGO pirate ship in a kids' bedroom, when they see some LEGO bricks and go to steal them. I think it would have been a pretty cool kids show, though I wish I knew the complete plot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.