(W.I.P) Game project (no name yet)

Ben24x7

Okay, to start off once I had the idea to create my own games but the only application I could find was GameMaker. From the time since then I used Blender's Game Engine mostly because it was a good application (to me) for creating games of my very own. So I started on some work and I never got far.

I didn't have a story plot or whatnot for the game so I decided I would simply model an Office Cubical and try and add a human-like character which led to some interesting problems such as the fact that the character's mesh would fly away if it was given physics, also I found that the controls applied to the whole body and not the only bone I picked.

Finally I gave up, and I didn't save it or take any footage of it... But I am starting over from scratch with some new stuff for offer. Here is my progress so far...:

Before:

After:

This is a model I will be using during the introduction sequence. For those who cannot work out what it is it is a crane.

It did take a while for me to get the fluid to work properly and this is the result. This is simply an asset I might use in-game which can be used as a deadly object.

This is all so far. I'll add more pictures/assets/scripts or whatever the further I get. I might also include a bit of footage along the way.

lol username

Getting a sense of deja vu here...

So... What's the game? You're talking about your models and objects and stuff without giving any indication as to what the gameplay is. What does the player do? What's fun about it? What are you even trying to make here?

Cloudstrife987

Keep up the good work!

Like Jamesstar said,you did not give a lot of info,I also have no idea what this is supposed to be :gasp:

Reason is, I haven't figured the whole thing out, I have a few scripts for the introduction but most of them feel like I stole "The Container Ride" from Portal 2. Originally, the player's character would wake up from stasis and moved to a different container via door. A character would then try and break out the player (I haven't thought out why) but damaging the container doing so and also blacking-out the player.

The game would then start from there and then the game would continue from there. I also had the idea that some people in the area (not sure what to name it yet) ask the player if they watched the 'Container thing' from outside. Again this felt like the introduction from Portal 2 and a few lines stolen from Half-Life 2 Episode 1 (Probably).

The Crane model is going to be used in the introduction, just in-case the Bullet Physics Engine (for Blender) bugs out and bits of the 2nd room fly off when they are not supposed to. I think I might sneak a few bits of my scripts for my Office Drones YT series idea for the game, removing the models for other characters (of my own if possible).

But linking the crash of a container into an office building to when the player's character is introduced (by the same person who breaks the player out) while entering trough a Fire Exit. Also I had the idea of recycling game company's dropped ideas, yet this is a bad idea and I don't think I'll get to use any cut assets from any game company.

What's the game? You're talking about your models and objects and stuff without giving any indication as to what the gameplay is. What does the player do? What's fun about it? What are you even trying to make here?

Well... I kinda haven't figured it all out but so far I have several scripts for different versions of the introduction sequence but every single one looks like I stole the "Container Ride" from Portal 2 and tweaked it to be my own (apart from a script where the player is taught how to use the controls while searching for dropped paperwork). The crane (like I said) is part of the introduction. Versions of the introduction involved the Crane falling down a massive pit where all workers of a company are stored.

Brickulator

Well... I kinda haven't figured it all out but so far I have several scripts for different versions of the introduction sequence but every single one looks like I stole the "Container Ride" from Portal 2 and tweaked it to be my own (apart from a script where the player is taught how to use the controls while searching for dropped paperwork). The crane (like I said) is part of the introduction. Versions of the introduction involved the Crane falling down a massive pit where all workers of a company are stored.

The introduction may be the first thing you see when playing the game but there's no way it should ever be the first thing you make. If anything it should be one of the last. You should probably focus on working out what you want the game to be and start making gameplay prototypes and stuff.

But that's just what I'd do.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.