Tunnel Transport

Addictgamer

Created a Patchman Patch for this mod which includes the fixed Tunnel Transport files. See first post for download. Should make installing this mod 50 billion times easier for the newbies.

Created a Patchman Patch for this mod which includes the fixed Tunnel Transport files. See first post for download. Should make installing this mod 50 billion times easier for the newbies.

Is it putting it into the vehicle list like it should or adding it at the end? Because the latter causes issues sometimes

Is it putting it into the vehicle list like it should or adding it at the end? Because the latter causes issues sometimes

Yes, the first; it is putting them in the correct place now.

If someone installs the TT this way, I would really like to know if it attempts to throw vehicles into the Tool Store. I might test this out anyways, but I'd still like to avoid putting a certain vehicle at the end of my CFG just because it likes to break the game.

If you mean putting it after the original CFG code at the end of the file like the code used in the manual install in the first post, no. This modifies the actual Lego* CFG like you would if you did it yourself.

If someone installs the TT this way, I would really like to know if it attempts to throw vehicles into the Tool Store.

What do you mean by throwing them in the toolstore?

My Assault Cruiser, which is based on the Cargo Carrier, will deposit vehicles into the Tool Store if you load one into it. The Tunnel Transport and Cargo Carrier are very similar as they can both carry vehicles, but the TT doesn't deposit vehicles into the Tool Store. My theory was that there is something different about the TT's code, but I haven't had much time to figure out if there are any real differences. When I skimmed over the code, I didn't see anything blatant that could prevent this problem.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Find the LargeHeli { code block and replace the content with:

Levels  3

CanBeDriven   TRUE

InvisibleDriver   TRUE

CrossLand   TRUE

CrossWater	TRUE

CrossLava   TRUE

ClassAsLarge	TRUE

UseBigTeleporter		TRUE

InvisibleDriver		TRUE

CarryVehicles		TRUE

CostCrystal	6

RouteSpeed	20.300:00.400:00.500

TrackDist   80.0

CollRadius	22.0

CollHeight	30.0

PickSphere	50.0

UpgradeCostOre	0:0:15:20

UpgradeCostStuds	0:0:3:4

ShowHealthBar   TRUE

EngineSound   SND_HeliEngine
THen find the alwayscheck section

AlwaysCheck:LargeHeli				  Pilot:0,ToolStation:1,TeleportPad:2,PowerStation:1,Barracks:2,TeleportBig:1

• 5 weeks later...

RouteSpeed is speed in blocks per second. 5 is still really fast. For reference, Rock Raiders move at 1 block per second. You might want to try 3 or 4 just so you can follow the Tunnel Transport as it's moving.

• Like 2

The Brigadier

Thank you very much. :) and great work to make a Tunnel Transport mod! ^_^

The best thing is that the files already exist. It's just a matter of finding the code and putting it back in. :D

• 1 month later...

Ok I'm new to modding games in this fashion, so I have some questions...what do i need to replace to enable this mod? Do I just need the patch and the text for the cfg that is on page 1? What should it look like in the cfg when done correctly? Where do I put the patch when it's done? In the file folder containing the large heli?

The Patchman patch contains everything needed (make sure you download Patchman to use it). You don't need to add anything in manually if you use it. If you don't want to use Patchman, then you have to put the edited Tunnel Transport entry at the very end of the CFG and put the fixed animations in the VehiclesLargeHeli folder.

ok I got patchman to work, but now I just need to rebuild the WAD file? How do I do that?

No, use the Data method instead. Extract the WADs, then place the extracted files in the Data folder. This makes modding alot easier.

Ok I feel really stupid...now the game won't even start...can someone possibly pm me with the steps? i have the patchman and the fixed animation already.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to modding RR, and have been disassembling the mods on this site to figure out what makes different things function.

Working around with this one atm, and can you re-upload the fix? It just 404's me when I use the links.

Cyrem removed the Downloads section (what a shame) and we're supposed to use the new Amazon-hosted uploader located under the RRU tab at the top of the page. Or just click here. The problem now is that Cyrem must have removed the old section in the past week and thus anything that was there is now completely inaccessible, so I can't fix any links unless I have the content myself. Cyrem most likely has backups so he'll probably mass-upload them soon.

Fortunately, I still have my backups for the Tunnel Transport animations so I've uploaded my patch here and fixed the link in the first post. Install the CFG changes using the old method since that's in the first post as well. I've also been thinking about updating the fixed animations now that I'm not a flailing moron when it comes to Lightwave, so I'll make them better if enough people ask.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.