The Brickster Unmasked

deaddius

J06FZmZ.jpg

For a split second during the bad ending, you can see The Brickster's goggles/mask disappear revealing hos eyes. Anyone else ever notice this?

ProfessorBrickkeeper

Yea, I do recall noticing this awhile ago but never stopped to actually take a screenshot. He definitely looks better and more polished with the mask, though.

Now if only the developers had replaced his face texture with the Infomaniac like they did for the Laura Brick video characters.

This is the worst cutscene of LEGO Island, made quick... here's the list of things I've noticed:

0:01 > Pepper's hands are messed up

0:04 > Bad model geometry, can't see the inlets.

0:07 > Brickster unmasked once

0:12 > Non-LEGO Car model behind the brickster

0:17 > Brickster unmasked twice

0:21 > Lazy designers, models only where the cutscene happens... and the jetski center is built...

If you ask me about my opinion on the LI Bad Ending it is that:

• The scene could've had darker lighting
  • It would be impossible to hear someone's cry from a far distance
  • Why isn't the Information center destroyed?
  • Why are there so many boulders around the island?
  • If the Brickster has deconstructed everything then why are there so few bricks lying around?
  • Its a kids game yet it is still a bit creepy.

lol username

Why pick on LI1 specifically? There's similar screw-ups in many other pre-rendered videos in LEGO games - off the top of my head, there's Chief's vanishing helmet and the inconsistent elevator in the Rock Raiders intro, the construction crane's chain that's not animated at the end of LR2's intro, the part of LR2's intro where Rocket puts on his helmet (Where did the paper go? Did it just float in front of him?), the minifigure's hip connection knobs poking through his torso briefly in LEGO Universe's NetDevil intro, Johnny Thunder having the wrong torso in the Stunt Rally intro, a broken minifigure animation in one of the Island Xtreme Stunts rushes (a background character's walking animation gets stuck in a loop like a broken record), etc...

a broken minifigure animation in one of the Island Xtreme Stunts rushes (a background character's walking animation gets stuck in a loop like a broken record)

Ah I remember pointing that out recently in my playthrough, that was weird.

• 3 weeks later...

a broken minifigure animation in one of the Island Xtreme Stunts rushes (a background character's walking animation gets stuck in a loop like a broken record)

Ah I remember pointing that out recently in my playthrough, that was weird.Which rush? Link?

Oh, and that car in the background of the bad ending of LI1. And The Brickster's black arms and white legs just scream beta. Oh, and Pepper is in suspended animation on his skateboard to the left at the end of the cutscene.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.