Tires sinking into ground

twoeasythree

twoeasythree

In the Rock Canyon Speedway, the first corner has a metal ledge where you jump. Problem for me is, my tires keep sinking into the ground, while this happens I cannot steer the car at all and how long the wheels sink into the ground is determined by how fast you were going when you jump. Off-road tracks are a pain in the neck because this happens pretty frequently.

If anyone ever encountered the problem at all, the solution is simple.

-Your graphics are at low settings. This is due to the low settings, with the game allowing you clip through certain objects. The ground's collision won't let you turn when your wheels clip through the ground.  Turn it up a notch. If your computer can't handle it (which is why you are at low settings in the first place), then you got to live with it.

Since this game is quite old, I don't think many people would have encountered this issue since any computer nowadays can run it maxed out.

Hope this helps :3

Car CrazeXVI

Problem for me is, my tires keep sinking into the ground, while this happens I cannot steer the car at all and how long the wheels sink into the ground is determined by how fast you were going when you jump.

I got that all the time as a kid. Second, you just answered your own problem.

-Your graphics are at low settings. This is due to the low settings, with the game allowing you clip through certain objects. The ground's collision won't let you turn when your wheels clip through the ground. Turn it up a notch. If your computer can't handle it (which is why you are at low settings in the first place), then you got to live with it.

...Except it still happens.

In all seriousness, this problem can easily be solved by slowing down. Not the best anwser, but we have to live with it.

Edited by Car CrazeXVI

In all seriousness, this problem can easily be solved by slowing down. Bet you didn't think of that, did 'ja?

Maybe he doesn't want to slow down, ya know? It being a racing game and all it shouldn't have a problem like this to begin with. Quit being a jerk, he's just trying to help.

Car CrazeXVI

Maybe he doesn't want to slow down, ya know?

It being a racing game and all it shouldn't have a problem like this to begin with.

No, it shouldn't.

Quit being a d***, he's just trying to help

Said the person who called me a d***, and assaulted me in Tracker's status. Now, would you mind telling me how I'm just as annoying as him?

Edited by Car CrazeXVI

I would think you have already answered yourself. I refuse to fight, so uh, bye I guess.

Oh and the fancy soap isn't free.

• Like 1

lol username

What bee got in your bonnet, Car Craze? You just snapped at a new member who was simply posting help for a tech problem, for no apparent reason at all. Meanwhile you complain about other members being rude... Hypocritical much? :|

• Like 3

No, it shouldn't.

Said the person who called me a d***, and assaulted me in Tracker's status. Now, would you mind telling me how I'm just as annoying as him?

Hey look! Another fight!

Is that ice I hear creaking?  Hmm, must be thin....

twoeasythree

-Your graphics are at low settings. This is due to the low settings, with the game allowing you clip through certain objects. The ground's collision won't let you turn when your wheels clip through the ground. Turn it up a notch. If your computer can't handle it (which is why you are at low settings in the first place), then you got to live with it.

In all seriousness, this problem can easily be solved by slowing down. Not the best anwser, but we have to live with it.

Slowing down doesn't help much, someone's at the back all ready to rear-end you and take you out immediately. 

Also, about the "still happening" thing, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. This problem only pops up at a computer that I am forced to use low settings on, and not on a higher spec computer. I tried bumping down the graphics on the higher end computer, and it sure did do this. A lot. 

Just to add on a bit, this is very annoying in Blue Valley. As a kid I don't know how many races I've lost just because the car would refuse to turn at the dip in the road at Route A. You clip into the ground, steer straight into a wall and have to climb the incline at a painfully slow speed. It isn't pretty good if your low graphics settings screws up the game.

Car CrazeXVI

What bee got in your bonnet, Car Craze?

I got so annoyed I didn't realize I was being annoying myself? Blarg, shoot me.

Slowing down doesn't help much, someone's at the back all ready to rear-end you and take you out immediately.

This is true.

Also, about the "still happening" thing, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. This problem only pops up at a computer that I am forced to use low settings on, and not on a higher spec computer. I tried bumping down the graphics on the higher end computer, and it sure did do this. A lot.

Except I doesn't change anything. I still clip where I always do, and never anywhere else.

Although, I could boot up my who-knows-how-old computer and try it on that, if you want.

EDIT: The reason why I saw no difference is because I've actually been playing on low detail the whole time but didn't notice because the master graphics was set to custom, so I assumed it was set to high. You were right, and I was stupid. Sorry. :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.