ATLAS Mini Model Jumps to 10,000 on Cuusoo

lol username

lol username

Another Cuusoo project has hit 10,000, and like the female minifigures set, it's a fairly obscure concept for a LEGO set, but manged to jump up in popularity rapidly after some news reports on other websites. This time, it's a mini model of the ATLAS detector at the LHC.

Yeah. Huh. Here's what the creator has to say about it:

The idea is to ship a leaflet, with information about the real ATLAS experiment and the physics it is exploring, along with the parts. Thereby we could give each and every customer some insight into this very interesting and fascinating subject and offer possibilities for further education and/or contact to people within ATLAS.

The model is and will be used even more in education and outreach projects to promote particle physics in the public. It serves as a perfect eye catcher, a tool to discuss the basic design of particle detectors such as ATLAS and is the perfect souvenir for people of all age that took part in one of our plenty outreach events.

The creator of this mini model has previously built a much larger model of the ATLAS detector (which can be seen on the project page as well), but obviously, it's far too large for a real LEGO set, thus the creation of the mini model.

Sources: CUUSOO

First to comment!

We are not YouTube. Do not bring things like that here.

I was hoping the ATLAS would be like a giant mech.

We are not YouTube. Do not bring things like that here.

I was hoping the ATLAS would be like a giant mech.

You're right. Sorry...

Well played...

Are you going to elaborate or leave it at two words, which forum rules indicate is considered spam?

I don't even get how this got 10,000.

I don't even get how this got 10,000.

I must agree, I don't have any idea whatsoever on why people supported this. I like the parts included, but the model seems just a little pointless. That, or I'm just being negative because I don't really care about ATLAS.

Well played...

Are you going to elaborate or leave it at two words, which forum rules indicate is considered spam?

Now I'm just going to leave this topic.

Yes. This is just turning Everyone (Including myself) into Spammy little monsters.

Now is a good time to drop the subject before you receive an earful of medical inflammatory.

And, I must agree, I don't have any idea whatsoever on why people supported this. I like the parts included, but the model seems just a little pointless.

People are stupid and will vote for anything except anything actually good.

That, or I'm just ranting about this because I don't even know why we're here.

This is a FORUM TOPIC. A FORUM TOPIC is made to discuss the subject presented in the OPENING POST. From the OPENING POST, all following POSTS are relevant either to the discussion of the OPENING POST or any new topic which has entered the conversation, so long as the FORUM STAFF and other MEMBERS deem it to be appropriate.

EDIT:

You're right. You're correct, and now I'm just going to leave this topic.

This is a DOUBLE POST. These are ILLEGAL. Either EDIT your previous post, or DON'T POST IT.

Yes. This is just turning Everyone (Including myself) into Spammy little monsters.

Now is a good time to drop the subject before you receive an earful of medical inflammatory.

>And, I must agree, I don't have any idea whatsoever on why people supported this. I like the parts included, but the model seems just a little pointless.

People are stupid and will vote for anything except anything actually good.

That, or I'm just ranting about this because I don't even know why we're here.

This is a FORUM TOPIC. A FORUM TOPIC is made to discuss the subject presented in the OPENING POST. From the OPENING POST, all following POSTS are relevant either to the discussion of the OPENING POST or any new topic which has entered the conversation, so long as the FORUM STAFF and other MEMBERS deem it to be appropriate.

EDIT:

You're right. You're correct, and now I'm just going to leave this topic.

This is a DOUBLE POST. These are ILLEGAL. Either EDIT your previous post, or DON'T POST IT.

Okay. I'll drop the issue, and I'm going to leave now. I'm sorry I spammed up this topic, and I'm going to Re-Read the forum rules.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I first saw this topic I thought it was ATLAS from a game...

Can someone hand me a drill so I can make myself less stupid?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.