Island Xtreme Stunts - modding/file research topic

Mr. Ash

Alright, I've got the faces for Snap and Studz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Akm8eYkCOk&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFFIgrmddeI&feature=youtu.be

The faces are fine, but the repetitive similarity of expressions for the characters is kind of annoying.

I also thought I'd show the skeleton faces because I wasn't sure if they were used in Island 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIVTaylbzFc&feature=youtu.be

Some of the faces are fine, but I don't know what to say about the other ones. One problem is that some of the faces move out of place. Also, the faces with eyebrows and blinking eyes make no sense (Although I think the blinking expressions are cute :3)

Snap is good, uses the standard shades face as a base for expressions. Studz is really just Nubby with stubble, so go figure.

How does a Skeleton blink? Eh, still cute. Reminds me of ">w<"

003 = Wtflip, Muntant bricks.

As I was browsing through one of the folders a week or two ago, I noticed some files with "monkey" in the title. Looking at those models, they actually kind of look like a Lego monkey to me. I wonder if those could possibly have been unfinished or low-poly models for monkeys that would have been animals seen around Lego Island?

I won't have any footage, modding information, or screesnhots for Island Xtreme Stunts for about another week. In the meantime, I have edited some body textures to show what I am planning on changing if we can get custom textures here. here are some edits:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=532336

I still need to fix up some of the torso prints a bit. I'm going to see if RTB (Return To Blockland) Has any decals more accurate to official Lego prints. I would also like to either make Belinda Blink look more like the Assistant from the studios theme or make Jenny look a little more different:

Assistant_Blue_Cap.jpg   blnk.png

EDIT - I have now edited the bodies for Jimmy and Timmy:

xxx2.png   xxx3.png

These are just quick edits. Timmy's jacket is one of the not as good TBM decals. When I return home, I will take that torso and see if I can scan it better than whoever scanned that. And for Jimmy's torso, I plan on scanning this decal and recoloring it to where the torso is now medium blue, the pockets, collar, and some stripes are dark blue, and the other stripes are white:

trn104.jpg

RTB v1.045 and TBM are where you should look for decals. I usually fix, retrace and then use them for other things. Some are pretty hideous, but it was a fan game made 1999-2006 so I'll let them pass.

Here are plans I have for Shugu, Maggie, Snap, and Phil:

chin.png   post.png   snap.png   phil.png

I haven't decided whether I should keep Shugu's back logo or not, but the others are basically complete.

Alright, I have created faces for The Director:

blok.png

The original face is from the LDD Decorations, the mouths are from LI2, and the blinking eyes are from Lego Racers. I edited these in Paint.net. If you look closely, you can see that the eyes are more oval-shaped. That is so the face will be narrowed down to the right size in-game. These faces are similar to the Director's original faces aside from the eyebrows.

Next, I am planning on creating faces for Pepper, the classic smiley, and the standard female face.

I realize that I am getting off topic by posting this stuff in a research thread, so I'll probably create a topic for my re-texturing plans later today.

A few days ago, I found a program called TexMod. What this program does is allow you to rip textures while playing at least PC games. It also seems to let you edit textures and use them in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXdZ9iWGvN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKHse9Smcw0

When I get home from vacation in a few days, I'll install the program and see if I can get anything out of Island Xtreme Stunts.

Fluffy Cupcake

I tried TexMod (now called uMod), and it doesn't support the DirrectX version of IXS or any previous LEGO Games. It only supports one DirrectX verision (the version after IXS, whichever # that was again). They are looking for people to help with making it support other versions, though.

I tried TexMod (now called uMod), and it doesn't support the DirrectX version of IXS or any previous LEGO Games. It only supports one DirrectX verision (the version after IXS, whichever # that was again). They are looking for people to help with making it support other versions, though.

I heard that TexMod/uMod only supports DirectX 9, but I'm not entirely sure.

• 3 weeks later...
Jack Tronsdal

Okay, so I made the copy of the game that you can run without a disk, but I can not figure out how to mod my character, will someone please take me through what I have to do.

Okay, so I made the copy of the game that you can run without a disk, but I can not figure out how to mod my character, will someone please take me through what I have to do.

Alright. First, find CHAR004.BMB/.MBK in Island Xtreme Stunts/cdc/Z00DEF. Those files are the texture and model for Pepper (Aside from his hat, which uses a separate model/texture. I'd make a copy of those just so you still have them.

Next, you have to find the appropriate model and texture for the character you want to be. All of the Character models are in Z00DEF, but most of the textures are in various Z**XXX folders. However, A few other character textures are in Z00DEF. If you wanted to be a skeleton, all you'd have to do is copy CHAR000.BMB/.MBK and place those over Pepper's assets. If you wanted to be a bricksterbot, you would just copy CHAR001.BMB/.MBK and do the same thing. Or if you wanted to be Belinda Blink, you would just copy CHAR002.BMB/MBK and place them over Pepper's files.

If you wanted to be Pepper with his stuntman suit or any other character, you would have to browse through the other Z**XXX folders, find the textures for them, and pair them with the appropriate model. I have taken screenshots of all the character models and textures I have found and uploaded them at https://app.box.com/s/ix9ai0ch6ao67ypumwzs .

I hope that helped, If you have any other questions, I'll see if I can answer them :) .

Also, we can't change hats or create custom textures yet, but I'm hoping we can find a way to eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a way to view textures-- Replace XTREMELOGO.BMB in CDC/FE with the desired .BMB file.

Here is Passenger 5 from Ripcord Rescue:

H9Tq5dG.png

Here is the Infomaniac:

4jgvEus.png

Also, the Brickster Henchman and his odd faces:

IgRUAGW.png

• 1 month later...
Jack Tronsdal

Alright. First, find CHAR004.BMB/.MBK in Island Xtreme Stunts/cdc/Z00DEF. Those files are the texture and model for Pepper (Aside from his hat, which uses a separate model/texture. I'd make a copy of those just so you still have them.

Next, you have to find the appropriate model and texture for the character you want to be. All of the Character models are in Z00DEF, but most of the textures are in various Z**XXX folders. However, A few other character textures are in Z00DEF. If you wanted to be a skeleton, all you'd have to do is copy CHAR000.BMB/.MBK and place those over Pepper's assets. If you wanted to be a bricksterbot, you would just copy CHAR001.BMB/.MBK and do the same thing. Or if you wanted to be Belinda Blink, you would just copy CHAR002.BMB/MBK and place them over Pepper's files.

If you wanted to be Pepper with his stuntman suit or any other character, you would have to browse through the other Z**XXX folders, find the textures for them, and pair them with the appropriate model. I have taken screenshots of all the character models and textures I have found and uploaded them at https://app.box.com/s/ix9ai0ch6ao67ypumwzs .

I hope that helped, If you have any other questions, I'll see if I can answer them :) .

Also, we can't change hats or create custom textures yet, but I'm hoping we can find a way to eventually.

I just can't seem to place the files over Pepper's assets, does it make any difference that I am using a Windows 7 computer?

Fluffy Cupcake

I just can't seem to place the files over Pepper's assets, does it make any difference that I am using a Windows 7 computer?

No, I use Windows 7 (x64) and have no problem.

Jack Tronsdal

Than what am I doing wrong, do I have to transfer the files from the copy of the game that I run with a disk to the files of the game I run without a disk?

Please help. Do I have to use TexMod, if so how do I use it?

Than what am I doing wrong, do I have to transfer the files from the copy of the game that I run with a disk to the files of the game I run without a disk?

Please help. Do I have to use TexMod, if so how do I use it?

If you've already copied cd and cdc from the disc into the program files/lego interactive/island xtreme stunts folder and created a working disc-free copy of the game, then all you have to do is put any file over another in the cdc folder (Most of the game's content is in that folder). Some files make the game crash if they are swapped with another of the same format, but the character models and textures work fine at least. There aren't any programs that you need in order to mod the game. And one last thing: you have to run the game in the non-disc version because the normal version doesn't read the files in the island xtreme stunts folder. Instead, it uses another application (Finddisc.exe) that loads the game with the default files.

I don't know how else I can answer this question. If this doesn't help, could you tell me what you've done so far?

Ahhh, this topic.

It's funny how we never found that leather jacket texture. You would figure it would be in the files if it was loaded and ripped by 3DRipperDX, right?

Wow, I really got off hand in this topic by going from actual research to just plans I would have if IXS was more moddable :whistle:...

Ahhh, this topic.

It's funny how we never found that leather jacket texture. You would figure it would be in the files if it was loaded and ripped by 3DRipperDX, right?

Actually, I now think that the texture was just part of one of the vehicles in freeway frenzy. I think it was either for the hot rod or that jeep with big wheels (Or both?).

Wow, I really got off hand in this topic by going from actual research to just plans I would have if IXS was more moddable :whistle:...

Ahhh, this topic.

Actually, I now think that the texture was just part of one of the vehicles in freeway frenzy. I think it was either for the hot rod or that jeep with big wheels (Or both?).Like it belongs to the low poly model of a driver?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.