Island Xtreme Stunts - modding/file research topic

Mr. Ash

Hello everyone :)!

For the past few months, I have been looking through Island Xtreme Stunts' files. My main goal was to figure out all the characters that you could play as by swapping textures and models. I think I have found almost all of the character textures, but could possibly have missed a few. Here are screenshots for all the character textures in each folder: https://www.box.com/s/ix9ai0ch6ao67ypumwzs

If you haven't modded IXS yet or can't the "LIXS" Folder in C:Program FilesLego InteractiveIsland Xtreme Stunts, then you need to make sure you have created a copy of the game that you can run without a disc. For more information, go to: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/1301-running-lego-island-xtreme-stunts-without-a-disc/

After you have created the copy, you can see the files and start modding. Important files are in the cdc folder. Here are all of the subfolders that I have figured out so far:

EDITOR - This folder controls all the NPC paths/movements and sets up vehicles on the main Island

FE - This folder seems to have to do with the fonts used in the game

Z00DEF - Contains all of the following:

• Gnarly Bones' model and texture (CHAR000.MBK/.BMB)
  • Bricksterbot model and texture (CHAR001.MBK/.BMB)
  • Standard minifig model (CHAR002.MBK)
  • Belinda Blink's texture (CHAR002.BMB)
  • Pepper's hat model and texture (CHAR003.MBK/.BMB)
  • Pepper's model and texture (CHAR004.MBK/.BMB)

This folder also contains the model and texture for the clapboard that pops up on the screen and claps whenever you enter or exit a minigame as well as some other files that I haven't figured out yet.

Z00INT - Contains files used for the intro cutscene

Z01LGI - This folder seems to have to do with the brickimals

Z01SPP - Contains all files used on Lego Island, including every character's texture (aside from those mentioned in Z00DEF).

Z05KST - Contains files used in the Motorbike Mayhem minigame.

Z06CAR - Contains files for the Freeway Frenzy minigame

Z07JSK - Contains files used in the Wave Catcher minigame.

Z14WWH - Contains files used in the Trouble in Store minigames.

Z14WPO - Also contains files that Trouble in Store uses.

Z15PHF - Contains all files used in the Puzzle Fit minigame.

Z20BTR - Contains files used in the Brickster's tower minigame.

Z77BLU - Contains files used in the studio and movie theater that appears in the end of the game.

Z96PLN - Contains files used in the Air Chase minigame.

Z98PSH - Contains files used in  the Ripcord Rescue minigame.

The other important thing you should know about the purpose of different kinds of files. Here are all the file formats that have been figured out so far:

.BMB files - Texture files*

.MBK files - Models*

.BHF files - Located in the EDITOR folder, these files seems to control the movements of NPC's and set up vehicles around the main island.

I haven't found any models/textures for other hats yet, but It seems that the TOYS.TDF files located in the Z##XXX folders have to do with the hats, plants, and vehicles. I opened the file in Notepad++ to see if I could find anything interesting, but a lot of the text was just junk. There were some interesting phrases, though. Here is what I found in the TOYS.TDF located in Z01SPP:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xtremestuntman1998/Modding/LIXS/toys.tdf_1.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xtremestuntman1998/Modding/LIXS/toys.tdf_2.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xtremestuntman1998/Modding/LIXS/toys.tdf_3.png

In case you don't know why I underlined "CHIN" and "DJAB", that is because Shugu's beta name was Chin and DJ Jackitt's was DJ Ablebody.

After we have figured the files and if it turns out to be possible to create custom textures (And models if we're lucky), I have the following goals:

• Extend the game's soundtrack
  • Create Lego accurate textures for all of the characters
  • Improve Pepper's face and appearance to make him look like his physical counterpart
  • Possibly increase the number of changeable hats, plants, and color choices for vehicles and maybe even make higher-poly hats

If you have any questions, post them here and I will try my best to answer them ;) .

*Credit goes to Acepilot90/IcePlanetAstro for figuring out the purpose of these files

lol username

I've got a mostly complete table of character models and textures somewhere on my old laptop, I'll dig it out sometime in the next few days and post it if needed, as figuring everything out yourself can be a bit of a hassle (though there are often character names visible somewhere in plain text which can speed the process up, no need to keep re-loading the game).

Z??WWH (I forgot what numbers are in this folders title) - I am assuming that this folder contains everything that the Trouble In Store minigame at Jack O'trades' shop uses. Z??WPO (I forgot the numbers for this one too 8S ) - This one probably has files used in Maggie Post's version of Trouble In Store

They are Z14WPO and Z14WWH, respectively. ;)

Fluffy Cupcake

I got this list so far for textures in the Z01SSP folder (might have to be gone over to see if 100% correctness, because I found a few mistakes I did once or twice), 000 to 012 are untested.

Links to images of the first four here [000], here [001], here [002], and here [003], because I still have no idea what they are.

000 = Tree1?
001 = Tree2?
002 = Tree3?
003 = Wtflip, Muntant bricks (material is called "blackskin").
004 = Cat
005 = Sheep
006 = Chick
007 = Chicken
008 = Dolphin
009 = Dog
010 = Duckling
011 = Duck
012 = Pterodactyl
013 = Seagull
014 = PWC
015 = Skateboard
016 = Pizza
017 = Brickster Hologram
018 = Unknown Prisioner
019 = Unknown Prisioner
020 = Unknown Prisioner
021 = Unknown Prisioner
022 = Timmy
023 = Jimmy
024 = Jenny
025 = Valarie
026 = Technician Bob
027 = Super Stationmaster
028 = Studz Linkin
029 = Snap Lockit
030 = Return
031 = Red Greenbase
032 = Penellope Puff
033 = Margaret Patritia Post
034 = Phil Maker
035 = Papa Brickolini
036 = Nubby Stevens
037 = Nick Brick
038 = Nancy Nubbins
039 = Mama Brickolini
040 = Ed Mail
041 = Luara
042 = Liam Lense
043 = Lucky
044 = Sky Lane
045 = Jack-o-Trades
046 = Infomaniac
047 = Infomaniac Hologram
048 = Rhoda Hog
049 = Enter
050 = DJ Jackitt
051 = Dr Clicket
052 = Shugu
053 = The Director
054 = The Brickster
055 = Tree?
056 = Tree2?

Also Z??PHF is Z15PHF, and what le717 said is correct.

The characters in Z00DEF folder, I was wondering where they were!

• Like 1

However, the actual levels for Maggie's Trouble in Store minigame are stored in Z14WWH, with Jack's in Z14WWHLEVELS. Z14WPO could contain the models for Maggie's, /but I'm unsure what the level files go to (see my research into the minigame levels here).

Z??WWH (I forgot what numbers are in this folders title) - I am assuming that this folder contains everything that the Trouble In Store minigame at Jack O'trades' shop uses. Z??WPO (I forgot the numbers for this one too 8S ) - This one probably has files used in Maggie Post's version of Trouble In Store

They are Z14WPO and Z14WWH, respectively. ;)

Thanks! I was pretty sure that the numbers were between 13 and 15, but I couldn't remember if both folders used the same numbers.

Does anyone know where the texture for pepper is?

Z00DEF - Contains all of the following: ... 

• Pepper's hat model and texture (CHAR003.MBK/.BMB)
  • Pepper's model and texture (CHAR004.MBK/.BMB)

lrn2readpostplease.

• Like 1

Alright, I've got some pictures ready. Here are all of the prisoners with swapped textures:

char018.bmb_reskin.png

This is CHAR018 with textures from one of the ripcord rescue passengers. This character is seen around the police station and sometimes stops at the construction yard

char019.bmb_reskin.png

Here is CHAR019 with an unused texture located in Z77BLU (CHAR008.BMB). This character helps Technician Bob at his lab.

char020.bmb_reskin.png

Here is CHAR020 with another Ripcord Rescue passenger's textures. This character Walks around locations near the pizzeria and sometimes stops at one of the tables.

char021.bmb_reskin.png

And here is CHAR021 with another passenger's textures. This character sweeps around the studio.

They are all traumatized for life.

Yeah... They do have other facial expressions (I swapped Papa Brickolini's texture with one of the passenger's earlier to see if the textures had different faces), but their default face is their sad/scared face. I'm hoping to later figure out how to change their expressions.

lol username

Oooh, that higher poly model is actually in the game. Nice! I knew they had made one...

6150505439_03dd6f7d76_o.jpg

But I didn't know they had left it in the assets.

Though, I'm not sure the hologram's appearance on the standard model is glitched - I assumed it was meant to be like that, without legs and such, so the Infomaniac would appear projected from the compass hologram thing seen in beta screenshots and videos:

23095_full.jpg

... To go along with the blue info bars that show up to tell you what's filming and where. It's just a theory, but I don't see why they would make one texture like that when all the others are normal.

I got this list so far for textures in the Z01SSP folder (might have to be gone over to see if 100% correctness, because I found a few mistakes I did once or twice), 000 to 012 are untested.

000 = ?
001 = ?
002 = ?
003 = ?
004 = ?
005 = ?
006 = ?
007 = ?
008 = ?
009 = ?
010 = ?
011 = ?
012 = ?
013 = ???
014 = Red Black Brick Thingy
015 = Skateboard
016 = Pizza
017 = Brickster Hologram
018 = Unknown Prisioner
019 = Unknown Prisioner
020 = Unknown Prisioner
021 = Unknown Prisioner
022 = Timmy
023 = Jimmy
024 = Jenny
025 = Valarie
026 = Technician Bob
027 = Super Stationmaster
028 = Studz Linkin
029 = Snap Lockit
030 = Return
031 = Red Greenbase
032 = Penellope Puff
033 = Margaret Patritia Post
034 = Phil Maker
035 = Papa Brickolini
036 = Nubby Stevens
037 = Nick Brick
038 = Nancy Nubbins
039 = Mama Brickolini
040 = Ed Mail
041 = Luara
042 = Liam Lense
043 = Lucky
044 = Sky Lane
045 = Jack-o-Trades
046 = Infomaniac
047 = Infomaniac Hologram
048 = Rhoda Hog
049 = Enter
050 = DJ Jackitt
051 = Dr Clicket
052 = Shugu
053 = The Director
054 = The Brickster
055 = Tree?
056 = Tree2?
Also Z??PHF is Z15PHF, and what le717 said is correct.

The characters in Z00DEF folder, I was wondering where they were!

Thanks! I fixed the folder title now

Also, I think you are right on all of the character textures. I haven't viewed CHAR000-014, 055, and 056, but I believe all the other ones are correct.

Oooh, that higher poly model is actually in the game. Nice! I knew they had made one...

6150505439_03dd6f7d76_o.jpg

But I didn't know they had left it in the assets.

Though, I'm not sure the hologram's appearance on the standard model is glitched - I assumed it was meant to be like that, without legs and such, so the Infomaniac would appear projected from the compass hologram thing seen in beta screenshots and videos:

23095_full.jpg

... To go along with the blue info bars that show up to tell you what's filming and where. It's just a theory, but I don't see why they would make one texture like that when all the others are normal.

You could be right about the hologram texture not being a glitch. But I think the texture would have been red if it was going to be used for the compass at one point. Since it was blue, I assumed that this was supposed to be similar to the Infomaniac hologram in Island 2.

While searching through some of the folders, I found some more character textures that seem to be unused:

unused_1.png

This texture was in Z98PSH. I'm pretty sure you don't see this character in Ripcord Rescue

unused_3.png

This texture was also in Z98PSH. None of the passengers you rescue look like this guy

I also browsed through Z01LGI, where there was only one .BMB texture (LEVEL.BMB) I was pretty sure that the game would crash with this texture over Pepper's. But when I loaded the game, I got something I didn't expect:

unused_4.png

Those black things on his face seem to be facial expressions that were undersized. Why is Pepper's stuntman uniform green? Maybe at one point, before the uniform was going to be orange, the uniform was green? Or maybe this is supposed to be a remake of the way Pepper appeared in Mama Brickolini's cutscene on Lego Island?. Whatever it is, I don't know why Silicon Dreams would label what seems to be a character texture "LEVEL". I used this texture while Pepper's model was swapped with the standard minifig model. When I tried to use pepper's model with this texture, the game crashed.

lol username

My my, this is certainly getting interesting. So that's two unused versions of Pepper's stunt uniform now (only the black one is used in-game as far as I can tell, the orange one was left unused), and now this weird green one... Also, there was a character named Rolf the Vet who was removed from the game, he would have been involved with brickimals and such - I wonder if any of the unused textures found so far have anything to do with him?

Those are the best pictures I have at the moment. I am going to be gone for a few days. Here is my progress so far on finding character textures:

Z00DEF - Complete

Z00INT - Complete

Z01LGI - Complete

Z01SPP - Complete

Z05KST - Incomplete

Z06CAR - Complete

Z07JSK - Incomplete

Z14WPO - Incomplete

Z14WWH - Incomplete

Z15PHF - Incomplete

Z20BTR - Complete

Z77BLU - Complete

Z98PSH - Complete

I also have browsed through parts of the folder "FE". This folder seems to contain the fonts used in the game.

The good news is that the folders I haven't completed yet have very few textures. After I have found the character textures, I'm probably going to mess around with other files in the Z__XXX folders and browse through the other folders such as "EDITOR", "CAMERA", and "NEWWAYPT" (Or whatever that folder was called).

My my, this is certainly getting interesting. So that's two unused versions of Pepper's stunt uniform now (only the black one is used in-game as far as I can tell, the orange one was left unused), and now this weird green one... Also, there was a character named Rolf the Vet who was removed from the game, he would have been involved with brickimals and such - I wonder if any of the unused textures found so far have anything to do with him?

I forgot to mention that when browsing through Z01LGI, I opened a file (I think it was TOYS.tdf) and found the phrase "1x1fateye" (Or something like that).  I am now starting to think that this folder has to do with the brickimals.

Fluffy Cupcake

Z01LGI - I am not sure what the purpose of this folder is yet.

You would think LGI stands for LEGO Island.

I forgot to mention that when browsing through Z01LGI, I opened a file (I think it was TOYS.tdf) and found the phrase "1x1fateye" (Or something like that). I am now starting to think that this folder has to do with the brickimals.

More of a confirmation meaning LEGO Island? ;P

Haven't left yet, so I managed to get a close-up of the LEVEL.BMB file:

level.png

It looks like the face textures were too small, which caused them to all be together. This texture seems to be unfinished as Pepper's other faces are all the same as Island 2.

Also, the texture for that scientist with glasses that I showed earlier turns out to be used after all. For some reason, Belinda Blink uses this texture. I think Silicon dreams accidentally swapped her texture with this unnamed scientist.

Z01LGI - I am not sure what the purpose of this folder is yet.

You would think LGI stands for LEGO Island.

>>I forgot to mention that when browsing through Z01LGI, I opened a file (I think it was TOYS.tdf) and found the phrase "1x1fateye" (Or something like that). I am now starting to think that this folder has to do with the brickimals.

More of a confirmation meaning LEGO Island? ;P

I was sure that LGI was as in Lego Island too, and I thought that SPP's content would be in that folder. There are a few other textures that were in LGI, but they they don't seem to be character textures The file I opened that helped me figure out that LGI's purpose was for the brickimals was TEXT001, where the phrases "fat_1x1_eye_yell" and "brickimal.tga" were located somewhere in the text document.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.