Did this object have an action at one point?

deaddius

The idol in this track, you are able to get stuck on it while using "FLYSKYHGH", upon contact the game will freeze and unfreeze and you'll be stuck on the idol.

http://youtu.be/0LH19JQPy5g

I am using the N64 version of the game, not sure if it works on other platforms.

Sorry about the quality, I was playing one handed, as I was filming with the other hand.

I was about to watch the video, but YT keeps giving me an error or shows a blank 15 second video, even when I'm on the video page itself. Oddly, other videos work just fine.

Anyway, is this glitch you've caught in any way like this one on ARA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WUntnJoYk0

lol username

Doing this on the PC version just freezes the game entirely, so I had to run the N64 version on an emulator to catch it. Pretty glitchy area.

lol fraps demo

I thought the game was trying to collect the idol at first, but didn't know what to do.

It could've been another do "x" to unlock "x" rumor!

• 3 weeks later...

Fraps is awful and should not be used unless you can't get it to work with anything else. You can use FFsplit or OBS to stream video capture to a file. They're both free (Fraps isn't) and don't have Fraps' biggest issue. Fraps locks to 60, 30, and 15 FPS. This makes the game run weird under certain circumstances.

Edit: I think I need to make a clarification. You only need a capture card/PVR if you're going to record video when playing on a console. If you're running the game on your computer, any normal video capture software will do fine.

• Like 2

Fraps is awful and should not be used unless you can't get it to work with anything else.

How and why? It works perfectly for me; I can only think of one game where it messed up recording.

Fraps locks to 60, 30, and 15 FPS. This makes the game run weird under certain circumstances.

The only time I've had this make games run weird, it was an improvement (they had dumb timers for animations that made them run too fast at a high framerate).
  • Like 1

Fraps is awful and should not be used unless you can't get it to work with anything else.

How and why? It works perfectly for me; I can only think of one game where it messed up recording.

Fraps locks to 60, 30, and 15 FPS. This makes the game run weird under certain circumstances.

The only time I've had this make games run weird, it was an improvement (they had dumb timers for animations that made them run too fast at a high framerate).

I supposed for old game this isn't an issue, but the fact that Fraps is $30 (or a trip to TPB, like everyone else does) while Ffsplit and OBS are free is still rather prominent.

Brickulator

The video in the OP doesn't work for me any more, was this the idol on the podium in the area where the shortcut at the start comes out? Because that idol is actually an animated object even though it doesn't seem to do anything in-game. I don't know if that's relevant because I can't remember what happened in the video...

The video in the OP doesn't work for me any more, was this the idol on the podium in the area where the shortcut at the start comes out? Because that idol is actually an animated object even though it doesn't seem to do anything in-game. I don't know if that's relevant because I can't remember what happened in the video...

I closed that Youtube account.

Brickulator

Ok...didn't answer my question though. I assume it was that idol because that's what it looks like in jamesster's video. I won't be able to do anything with Racers this week but when I can I'll play around with the idol some more.

Because that idol is actually an animated object even though it doesn't seem to do anything in-game

The idol is an animated object because it moves around when you bump into the pillar....  :whistle:  

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.