LEGO News LEGO Legends of Chima Online GameStop

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

jamesster

jamesster

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
I apologize for the short news report, but I am on a road trip once again and am posting this from a mobile phone, and the sooner this is posted the better.

I was just alerted by a friend on Skype that GameStop is giving away 10,000 free beta codes for LEGO Legends of Chima Online. As far as I know, all it requires is a Facebook account.

https://www.facebook...&type=1

http://www.chimaonline.com/login/

Sources: GameStop

• dellr, eagleeyedan and AFK thanked this

TOA PIRAKA NEKAAN

TOA PIRAKA NEKAAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I always hated that I didn't get to play Beta for Lego Universe.....this would be my chance....that is....if it weren't a CLOSED beat.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,942 posts

Facebook required? No thanks. Not that I like Chima anyway.

10,000 codes seems like a lot... even too many.

EXRicky

I'd join it, if I was interested in multiplayer (I'm not interested in multiplayer games.).

I don't have a Facebook, (I refuse to get one) so even if I was interested in multiplayer, I wouldn't play it.

LimeKiller

LimeKiller

I guess you should go with Alyx.

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

I joined. I'm not really interested at all, but since I already have Facebook, I might as well see what it's like.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,942 posts

I joined. I'm not really interested at all, but since I already have Facebook, I might as well see what it's like.

Or just post the BETA key for someone else without FB.

:P

LimeKiller

LimeKiller

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

I guess I shouldn't have said I wasn't interested at all, because I did want to see how the game was. I mean, even if it's based on an absolutely HORRENDOUS theme I still want to see what it's like.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,942 posts

I guess I shouldn't have said I wasn't interested at all, because I did want to see how the game was. I mean, even if it's based on an absolutely HORRENDOUS theme I still want to see what it's like.

That was a joke, I had hoped the smilie would have given that away. I'm sure it's against the TOS of obtaining a key to give them out.

LimeKiller

LimeKiller

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Well, I've been playing for about 10 minutes and I'm done. It's not the genre of game I generally enjoy in the first place, but right now it's incredibly slow and takes forever to load stuff. Also, numerous things are just annoying. The game insists on narrating everything, and when you skip through a speech bubble it doesn't cancel the voice. So trying to get through the tutorial quickly will result in many voice clips being played on top of one another, often being of the same person. The player's character has a really stupid looking walk cycle, too.

EDIT: Thanks telling us about this, Jamesster. I wouldn't have known about this otherwise and as I said, I still liked trying it out. I might come back to it later.

• The Ace Railgun thanked this

AFK

AFK

Massive Soda Trans-Oceanic Floaty Duck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Someone friend me, my username is KingObsidianBattler. I'm MassiveSodaDuck from LU/Wikia/LMBs/Everywhere.

The Ace Railgun

Why would I want to be one of the first to experience this Horror....

Pascal

Got my beta key.
 It is a frikking unity3D browser game?

This game is so damn bugged ._.

If anyone needs a key, i can get 2 out of my fake accounts.

Edit: no options for quality? This game looks awfull.

Edit 2: One key is gone now. Anyone still wants one?

Edit 3: All ze keys are gone now.

Brickulator

Brickulator

Rolling round in tangerines

• Platinum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

I don't know if it's just my crappy old laptop, but I played for a few minutes and it seems pretty awful. And I don't know what the hell was going on (I know nothing about chima), why did I have to turn into a huge holographic...thing? It didn't seem to have any effect. And then the game crashed when I went into the options.

Also, how can they call this a closed beta and have an NDA if they're giving out 10,000 codes to anyone who requests one, instantly? This is the most open closed beta I've ever been in...

Aokpisz

Aokpisz

Oak Tree

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

@Brick:

The huge holographic... thing... apparently makes your enemies stop attacking you for a moment. IDK. Like you said, it didn't seem to have any effect, but thats what laval seemed to indicate.

clicking on options does NOT(unfortunatlly) bring up options. It makes the game full screen :S

• Brickulator thanked this

le717

Got my beta key.
 It is a frikking unity3D browser game?

This game is so damn bugged ._.

If anyone needs a key, i can get 2 out of my fake accounts.

Edit: no options for quality? This game looks awfull.

Edit 2: One key is gone now. Anyone still wants one?

I'll take it. I do not and will not join FB, and I'm wanting to experience the horror for myself. I'm serious. I really do want to play LEGO Big Rigs this thing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LEGO News, LEGO Legends of Chima Online, GameStop