Creator Knights Kingdom modding,Is it possible?

Cloudstrife987

Cloudstrife987

I have been looking at the files,I see that the animation files are in .SMO format,If anyone knows anymore about SMO and animations then please let me know.

In the Music folder there are 4 sub-folders,Very bad,Bad,Good,and Very good,Within these folders are:

.SGT

.DLS

and .STY files

I have no clue.

The movies folder seems to have 8 standard 640x480 .AVI videos which i believe can be modded pretty easily.

There is also a Players folder which contains save games.

Also there is a temp folder and a 3d control folder.

My players and temp folders are empty because i have not played the game since i have installed it.

Later today i will examine CreatorKK.EXE in a hex editor.

EDIT:there are 2 archives in the Creator Knights kingdom folder too,system.PAK and warehouse.PAK

I have seen .PAK files in many other games and these might be the same format,i will look at them in dragonUnPAKer later.

lol username

In the Music folder there are 4 sub-folders,Very bad,Bad,Good,and Very good,Within these folders are:

.SGT

.DLS

and .STY files

I have no clue.

Microsoft DirectMusic is your friend. Plenty of other games use that system, including LEGO games such as LEGO Island 2 and Soccer Mania.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectMusic

Lair's already got the music uploaded to YouTube and stuff, including an unused track or two.

EDIT:there are 2 archives in the Creator Knights kingdom folder too,system.PAK and warehouse.PAK

I have seen .PAK files in many other games and these might be the same format,i will look at them in dragonUnPAKer later.

File extensions are not the same thing as file formats. There is no such thing as a ".PAK file", any file can be a .PAK file, you just rename it to have that extension. It makes things easier to read and work with. But chances are, it's in a custom format. That's not to say you can't easily rip stuff from it, though - provided it's not weirdly compressed or encrypted or anything like that.
  • Like 2

Cloudstrife987

.SGT

.DLS

and .STY files

I have no clue.

Microsoft DirectMusic is your friend. Plenty of other games use that system, including LEGO games such as LEGO Island 2 and Soccer Mania.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectMusic

Lair's already got the music uploaded to YouTube and stuff, including an unused track or two.

Thanks for the link!

I didn't find a whole lot in CreatorKK.exe...yet

I did find tooltip text at the very end and i changed it and it worked fine.

Brickulator

I haven't installed Creator Knight's Kingdom for a very long time, but I did recently install Creator Harry Potter to look for something, and there's an "unpacker.exe" in the program folder. I couldn't get it to do anything with the PAK files but if there's something similar for Knight's Kingdom it might be worth a look.

including an unused track or two.

the unused track is basically a shorter version of an existing track, though.

including an unused track or two.

the unused track is basically a shorter version of an existing track, though.

Kinda like that one unused LI2 track?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.