Additional Brick Colors Mod

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Welcome!

1 - Depends on what version of Racers 1 you have. You need to extract the game's JAM file regardless, if you have the 1999 game you can run off of the resulting extracted files, while if you have the 2001 version you'll need to re-compile the JAM: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

2 - Yes, it's entirely possible. Here's a topic on general Racers 2 modding: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> Once you've got all that GTC unpacking/repacking stuff figured out, the changes you need to make are pretty simple, just editing some text files.

First, Rocket Racer's car (and more):

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

And getting Rocket Racer in the character builder (and more):

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

There's other methods - editing saved games, replacing entire car models, Cheat Engine, etc (some discussion of other methods here: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> And here: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>) - but the ones I listed above are the ones I would use. Unfortunately while you can "unlock" all the car pieces through modding, you have to replace character pieces, you can't add them, so you'll have to choose what character pieces you want to replace with Rocket Racer.

Posted

Great :-) thanks a lot.

Will try it out and hopefully surprise my son with something he has wished for a long long time.

If I get stuck or something I hope to find some help here again.

Once more - thanks ;-)

J

Ehhhhh......

Perhaps something you guys can help with...... Following the very nice step by step guide I have run into a new problem. Most likely it is not the jamextractor that fails, but something on my sons computer. Ayways.. when trying to use the extractor I get an error saying that msvcr100.dll is missing.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Posted

Perhaps something you guys can help with...... Following the very nice step by step guide I have run into a new problem. Most likely it is not the jamextractor that fails, but something on my sons computer. Ayways.. when trying to use the extractor I get an error saying that msvcr100.dll is missing.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Try installing this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328 (For 32 bit)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523 (For 64 bit)

Posted

Roger - thnks - that did it! :-)

Posted

Great mod! Thanks for making this, Oboe Shoes.  :)

Posted

I'm afraid I'm having a few problems with this mod. When I try and merge the files with my PIECEDB folder, it comes up with this annoying message:

2jHpSRI.png?1

Please can you help.  :S

Posted

I'm afraid I'm having a few problems with this mod. When I try and merge the files with my PIECEDB folder, it comes up with this annoying message:

2jHpSRI.png?1

Please can you help.  :S

Have you tried opening it with the binary file editor? 

Posted

How can I use the downloaded files? I've never modded any games before. Please help me.

Posted

Can You add the unique back pieces? If you look at the back of Pharaoh's Mummy's car, that square should be standing not laying down. Also, Rob-N-Hood's crest is green not white.

Posted

Can You add the unique back pieces? If you look at the back of Pharaoh's Mummy's car, that square should be standing not laying down. Also, Rob-N-Hood's crest is green not white.

I was about to ask the same. For some reason,the player cannot use every piece in the game.

Posted

I was about to ask the same. For some reason,the player cannot use every piece in the game.

NPC cars are single models that the artists created, optimized and textured by hand. Player cars are assemblies of individual brick models. NPC cars can thus be pretty much anything, while player cars have to be built out of a library of pieces.