Additional Brick Colors Mod

Oboe Shoes

Welcome!

1 - Depends on what version of Racers 1 you have. You need to extract the game's JAM file regardless, if you have the 1999 game you can run off of the resulting extracted files, while if you have the 2001 version you'll need to re-compile the JAM: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

2 - Yes, it's entirely possible. Here's a topic on general Racers 2 modding: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> Once you've got all that GTC unpacking/repacking stuff figured out, the changes you need to make are pretty simple, just editing some text files.

First, Rocket Racer's car (and more):

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

And getting Rocket Racer in the character builder (and more):

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

There's other methods - editing saved games, replacing entire car models, Cheat Engine, etc (some discussion of other methods here: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> And here: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>) - but the ones I listed above are the ones I would use. Unfortunately while you can "unlock" all the car pieces through modding, you have to replace character pieces, you can't add them, so you'll have to choose what character pieces you want to replace with Rocket Racer.

Great :-) thanks a lot.

Will try it out and hopefully surprise my son with something he has wished for a long long time.

If I get stuck or something I hope to find some help here again.

Once more - thanks ;-)

J

Ehhhhh......

Perhaps something you guys can help with...... Following the very nice step by step guide I have run into a new problem. Most likely it is not the jamextractor that fails, but something on my sons computer. Ayways.. when trying to use the extractor I get an error saying that msvcr100.dll is missing.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Perhaps something you guys can help with...... Following the very nice step by step guide I have run into a new problem. Most likely it is not the jamextractor that fails, but something on my sons computer. Ayways.. when trying to use the extractor I get an error saying that msvcr100.dll is missing.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Try installing this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328 (For 32 bit)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523 (For 64 bit)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
RocketRacer123

I'm afraid I'm having a few problems with this mod. When I try and merge the files with my PIECEDB folder, it comes up with this annoying message:

2jHpSRI.png?1

Please can you help.  :S

I'm afraid I'm having a few problems with this mod. When I try and merge the files with my PIECEDB folder, it comes up with this annoying message:

2jHpSRI.png?1

Please can you help.  :S

Have you tried opening it with the binary file editor? 

• 2 months later...
lego modding noob

Can You add the unique back pieces? If you look at the back of Pharaoh's Mummy's car, that square should be standing not laying down. Also, Rob-N-Hood's crest is green not white.

Can You add the unique back pieces? If you look at the back of Pharaoh's Mummy's car, that square should be standing not laying down. Also, Rob-N-Hood's crest is green not white.

I was about to ask the same. For some reason,the player cannot use every piece in the game.

I was about to ask the same. For some reason,the player cannot use every piece in the game.

NPC cars are single models that the artists created, optimized and textured by hand. Player cars are assemblies of individual brick models. NPC cars can thus be pretty much anything, while player cars have to be built out of a library of pieces.

• lol username pinned this topic
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been waiting for a long time to say this because of the renovation but I'll do this quick and simple.

Kudos to both Oboeshoes and UTF for making this excellent mod. You guys are the best

I would also like to show my custom car for the mod that you guys made but the problem is I don't know how to screenshot in-game. If you guys let me know how to do it, I would be happy to share my creation

• Administrators
ShadowDraikana

@dy_enforcer There should be a PrntScrn (orPrtScn) key on your keyboard.  Hit that (or CTRL+PrtScn depending on if the first method works) and exit the game.  Open paint or whatever picture editor you want and then paste the image in.  Save the file in .png format and then upload the screenshot here.  

The game also saves BMP screenshots of its own when you press print screen. If the game is being run as admin, they'll end up in the installation directory (such as C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\LEGO Racers). Otherwise, they'll likely end up in the VirtualStore - for example, C:\Users\YOURNAMEHERE\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\LEGO Racers.

Note that this applies to the game's save data too; so if you start running it as admin when you haven't before, it won't be able to find your old save data from the VirtualStore unless you copy it over.

Of course, they'd need to be converted to PNG anyway - but BMPs are rather large and I thought you should know so you don't end up with tons of them unknowingly sitting around in the VirtualStore.

• 2 years later...
On 6/4/2013 at 11:45 PM, Mysteli said:

For all the extra spaces unused, make bricks with brand new colors! (in LPIECEHI.MDB and LPIECELOW.MDB change the 53 entiries # to 55 and add two new entries at the bottom or wherever, one titled 'color' an the other 'coloraa'.. just look at the other colors for example, also don't forget to then add the color entry to L_COLORS.LEB, and a new color is good to go. I just did this and it works.)... although this would get rather messy with the limit, so perhaps not.

Hi, I am trying to add the correct colored brick Veronica Voltage's car -- quick building her with her chassis builds her car but with the normal blue sloped brick instead of the light blue that you see while racing against her.
I'm trying to follow these instructions but I'm confused on what the new entires at the bottom of LPIECEHI.MDB and LPIECELOW.MDB should look like.

I changed my numbers to 54 in LPIECEHI.MDB and LPIECELOW.MDB, and changed L_COLORS.LEB to have 11 colors with "ltblue" as new entry.
How would I determine that the new block should be a one-tile wide two-tile wide half-sloped tile?

Edit: Nevermind, I found what I needed on Car Craze's Brick Mod.

• 1 year later...
On 6/5/2013 at 7:56 AM, Oboe Shoes said:

As you may already know, It's possible to edit the .LEB files in the PIECEDB folder to change what bricks are available in what color in any given category. (Or, by editing a small bit of binary, add additional bricks.) So for those of you who don't wish to mess with these files yourself, or if you just want a nice base for editing with some of the more common ones already there, I've compiled this little mod which will add the following bricks to your game without overriding anything:

• 11 new basic bricks in beige to the Johnny Thunder menu
  • 14 new green bricks to the Veronica Voltage menu (The 12 basic brick types, plus the flag and spoiler) 
  • 1 new green brick to the Castle menu (the Castle theme flag)

As for why I didn't split the green bricks up between the Standard and Racing menus, there's an unfortunate hard limit of 30 bricks per menu, forcing me to add to menus with smaller amounts of bricks.

Download

This is fairly basic for now, but I plan on adding additional pieces that could benefit from additional colors that I can find space for, and it's a good place to start if you want to edit these menus yourself. Remember, you can always edit these files to get any brick you want in any color temporarily, and then switch it back when you're done. I'll also look into any possibilities of getting around the limit of 30 bricks per menu, but for now, enjoy.

LEGO34_zpsf8ea24fb.pngLEGO33_zps80d1a48f.png

Am I supposed to put the LEB. files in the same folder having TUN. files?

14 hours ago, PapplePlays said:

Am I supposed to put the LEB. files in the same folder having TUN. files?

No, you'll need to extract Lego.JAM (use the aptly-named Lego.jam File Extractor), then put them in MENUDATA\PIECEDB (probably), and then recompile the JAM (not truly neccessary, but the easiest way to make sure your changes go through - there's a bit more info scattered around the forum) when you're done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.