How-To LEGO Island Insaneness?!

lu9

Oh yeah, I am totally shameless and free to ask this stupid question:

How do you guyse make those crazy screenshots that flowed on the LEGO Island subforums?!

By that I mean how do you magically manipulate the minifigs to make them appear in certain places, even make the Infomaniac appear in the place of papa or something like that?!

inb4 this is indeed the stupidest question of the world

• Like 1

Usually people just mess up stuff in lego iland (textures models) and take pictures of them. It all starts when a persen thinks What if I muddled up the meshes within the Island files?

They do it and... Ta-daa!... You have conjured up a silly/fun picture from LI:lol:

Edit LEGO1.dll with a hex editor for texture and model swapping. As for others... V+A and... really just luck. :P

Usually people just mess up stuff in lego iland (textures models) and take pictures of them. It all starts when a persen thinks What if I muddled up the meshes within the Island files?

They do it and... Ta-daa!... You have conjured up a silly/fun picture from LI:lol:

......That's not very descriptive.

Here's how its done:

1. To be able to switch textures and some models, use a hex editor. (NOTE: SOME MODELS MAY CAUSE A CRASH IF REPLACED!)

2. To get minifigs to appear at a certain place, type OGEL to enter debug mode, then press + or - until the character gets there.

3. To get the GREEN RED BRICK YOU STAY, Hit esc and then click on the I in a circle, this may take several tries.

......That's not very descriptive.

Here's how its done:

1. To be able to switch textures and some models, use a hex editor. (NOTE: SOME MODELS MAY CAUSE A CRASH IF REPLACED!)

2. To get minifigs to appear at a certain place, type OGEL to enter debug mode, then press + or - until the character gets there.

3. To get the GREEN RED BRICK YOU STAY, Hit esc and then click on the I in a circle, this may take several tries. Hip to the crit! You didn't even say what to edit with a hex editor.

Oh yeah, I am totally shameless and free to ask this stupid question:

How do you guyse make those crazy screenshots that flowed on the LEGO Island subforums?!

By that I mean how do you magically manipulate the minifigs to make them appear in certain places, even make the Infomaniac appear in the place of papa or something like that?

I play the game.

Really, that's all I do. The bizarre things just seem to happen naturally.

• Like 2

Just a question, when I do this, I can sometimes see the characters appear, but they only appear for a split second. Other times they don't appear at all. Is there a way to make them stay>?

Just a question, when I do this, I can sometimes see the characters appear, but they only appear for a split second. Other times they don't appear at all. Is there a way to make them stay>?

I get them to stay by rapidly clicking them during an animation.

So, V+A, and then NUM+ or -, and then rapidly click right in front of you? :P

Yeah, but I recommend encountering that character and rapidly clicking before doing NUM+ or -.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.